IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

Have been using Game Golf Live, in classic mode for the past 20 games, and has been good to be able to record my game and review afterwards, thought last night I would try using the app again (on android) as well, to see if would get the same problems as before, seeing as just using the puck had been working fine

So, switch the puck on, load the app, make sure they are connected, get to first tee .. tag my driver, hit away .. go to my bag, no shot recorded on the app (however, the puck did vibrate and beep).  Get to my next shot, tag the 8 iron, beep and vibrate again ... still no shot recorded on the app.  Decided at this point, to close the app, and just use the puck in classic mode ... when I got home, everything was recorded as before

Really do not understand why there is so many probs with the app.  I will carry on using the GG in Classic mode, but will prob use Hole 19 for on course data ... so frustrating 

9 hours ago, Albie999 said:

So, switch the puck on, load the app, make sure they are connected, get to first tee .. tag my driver, hit away .. go to my bag, no shot recorded on the app (however, the puck did vibrate and beep).  Get to my next shot, tag the 8 iron, beep and vibrate again ... still no shot recorded on the app.  Decided at this point, to close the app, and just use the puck in classic mode ... when I got home, everything was recorded as before

Yeah, I stopped using the app after my first attempt with it.  I had some shots recorded and an empty battery on my phone that had been full before the round.  Maybe it's improved since then (summer 2016), but I'm fine without it.  I don't need to check anything during the round anyway. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Yeah, I stopped using the app after my first attempt with it.  I had some shots recorded and an empty battery on my phone that had been full before the round.  Maybe it's improved since then (summer 2016), but I'm fine without it.  I don't need to check anything during the round anyway. 

Well, it is still not good ... with the registering of the shots anyway, cannot confirm about the battery, as switched it off after 2 shots.  Hole 19 will do for now for the distances, might upgrade eventually to something like shotscope V3 .. but for now, it gives me the results I need

Question .. what do people do about a penalty on the course.  Do you remember it and add it after the round, or bleep the puck once or twice (depending on the penalty)

27 minutes ago, Albie999 said:

Question .. what do people do about a penalty on the course.  Do you remember it and add it after the round, or bleep the puck once or twice (depending on the penalty)

Oh good, something I can help with :-) 

I compare everything after the round before signing, not just on number but on strokes.  For some rounds, I can still recall the shots and scores a while after the round (there's one round from 13 months ago I can still go through, the first round where I broke 80, but that's another story for another time).  Certainly later that day or the next day.

So I go through, did I double-tag or forget one?  Happens, especially with putting (I'll tag when I get to my ball, and sometimes right after I hit, so I sometimes have two tags in one spot and need to delete one).  So when I have a penalty, I see the score doesn't line up and I add the penalty after the round -- there's a way to add a penalty in the web interface and assess it to the shot that produced it -- for example, if your approach shot from 175 yards lands in the aquatic penalty area near the green, it gets assessed to your SGA and not SGSG statistic by being part of your approach. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, Albie999 said:

On my individual score card I keep:

score/putts/1st putt length/Fairways/GIR & nGIR/penalties.   If I'm with a group which now days seems to be the norm, I let others tally score for the group.

This makes remembering the course and shots easier when I edit the round.   I over tap club selection which is easier to correct than missing a shot altogether.  

With penalties, I add them after the round.   Today I hit my drive OB on #4.   I recorded it on the score card as an OB but tapped the drive, my approach shot to the green and my putts.  

• Informative 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

20 hours ago, dennyjones said:

On my individual score card I keep:

score/putts/1st putt length/Fairways/GIR & nGIR/penalties.   If I'm with a group which now days seems to be the norm, I let others tally score for the group.

This makes remembering the course and shots easier when I edit the round.   I over tap club selection which is easier to correct than missing a shot altogether.  

With penalties, I add them after the round.   Today I hit my drive OB on #4.   I recorded it on the score card as an OB but tapped the drive, my approach shot to the green and my putts.  

That is pretty much what I have been doing, it does not take long in uploading & editing the round and I fully agree, easier to delete an extra tag than to try to remember the club for each shot.  I have not worried about putt length, just the number of putts.  Unfortunately on my league it is common for them to concede a tap-in and simply hit the ball back to me before I ever have a chance to tag.  I just tag my putter to get the number of putts correct but I can't stand next to the hole long enough for the GPS to lock in and it usually has my last put being near the fringe as I move out of other players' way.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I tried Game Golf Live for the first time yesterday and it wouldn't work. Their support page wouldn't load and saw some concerning Amazon reviews that the company has disappeared so I'm a bit apprehensive! Found this post so thought I'd ask if anyone had suggestions. I can't get the Live device to connect to my phone. It does pair, but then just spins and says "trying to connect" forever. I've tried turning bluetooth and the device off/on, reinstalling the app, etc. I can tag the clubs and have it vibrate, but it doesn't register in the app at all. Any suggestions? And I'm assuming there's no way to track my shots without the bluetooth connection?

On 8/14/2020 at 8:35 PM, jpdixon said:

I tried Game Golf Live for the first time yesterday and it wouldn't work. Their support page wouldn't load and saw some concerning Amazon reviews that the company has disappeared so I'm a bit apprehensive! Found this post so thought I'd ask if anyone had suggestions. I can't get the Live device to connect to my phone. It does pair, but then just spins and says "trying to connect" forever. I've tried turning bluetooth and the device off/on, reinstalling the app, etc. I can tag the clubs and have it vibrate, but it doesn't register in the app at all. Any suggestions? And I'm assuming there's no way to track my shots without the bluetooth connection?

I have given up on using the actual app, apart from after I have finished my round, and to just upload.  In my previous post, I noted that it is still not registering my shots, when the app is open and paired, but using the puck on its own, it seems to be fine for an after round review and stats

• Administrator
On 8/14/2020 at 3:35 PM, jpdixon said:

Your phone and the OS on it may be more to blame here. I have no problems connecting it to my iPhone.

The company seems to have had a rough go from March until July, but has surged up again a bit lately.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am done with Game Golf. Played last week and none of my tagged shots appeared. Tried to edit the round online and it took forever just to get their website to load, then it kept timing out.

I really like the ideas behind the shot tracking technology, so I am very disappointed. Think I am going to give Shot Scope a try. 

24 minutes ago, gray said:

I am done with Game Golf. Played last week and none of my tagged shots appeared. Tried to edit the round online and it took forever just to get their website to load, then it kept timing out.

I really like the ideas behind the shot tracking technology, so I am very disappointed. Think I am going to give Shot Scope a try. 

Have you tried using just the app and not the tags?  That is all I use anymore, works great for me.  

Edited by cipher

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

6 minutes ago, cipher said:

Have you tried using just the app and not the tags?  That is all I use anymore, works great for me.  

You mean manually tagging my club and shot every time? That isn't something I want to do. I need it to be as seamless as possible, which is why I am leaning towards Shot Scope (no tagging). 

3 hours ago, gray said:

You mean manually tagging my club and shot every time? That isn't something I want to do. I need it to be as seamless as possible, which is why I am leaning towards Shot Scope (no tagging). 

I've tried the app and trying to remember to open the phone and identify the club is too distracting for me (OK, I am easily distracted).  I use the oldest version of GameGolf, called Classic.  It has no bluetooth connection to the phone and just the plastic device on my belt that I tap before my practice swing and then upload when I get home.  Very simple and reliable.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

4 hours ago, cipher said:

There are other, free, apps that will do that much better than game golf, I now just use the puck and review after the round

I use hole 19 when on the course for distances etc

30 minutes ago, Albie999 said:

There are other, free, apps that will do that much better than game golf, I now just use the puck and review after the round

I use hole 19 when on the course for distances etc

I am not sure what that is, but I used the GG app this morning, took a lot of swings out there(😄) and played 18 in 2 hours.  I'm fine with it

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

3 hours ago, cipher said:

I am not sure what that is, but I used the GG app this morning, took a lot of swings out there(😄) and played 18 in 2 hours.  I'm fine with it

WOW, 18 holes in 2 hours.  

Stuart M.

8 hours ago, cipher said:

By puck, I mean the GG device on your belt.  That is what I am now using, but without the GG app running on the phone

7 hours ago, Albie999 said:

By puck, I mean the GG device on your belt.  That is what I am now using, but without the GG app running on the phone

Got it, thanks.  

Nate