IGNORED

S7K Putter

mclaren4life
Note: This thread is 1475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I’ve been seeing the commercials for the S7K and listening to the promises and claims about making more putts. It kind of bothers me because when I miss most of my putts it’s a read error. You can hit your putt on the line you choose all day long but if that line is wrong no putter will help. It’s very snake oil salesman like. Anybody else feel that way or have I just been inside for to long. 

It was snake-oil a couple of decades ago when they came out with the Stand-Up Putter, and it's snake-oil now

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, mclaren4life said:

So I’ve been seeing the commercials for the S7K and listening to the promises and claims about making more putts. It kind of bothers me because when I miss most of my putts it’s a read error. You can hit your putt on the line you choose all day long but if that line is wrong no putter will help. It’s very snake oil salesman like. Anybody else feel that way or have I just been inside for to long. 

You have cabin fever.  A stand up putter, when you stand behind it, shows you precisely where it's lined up.  Being human we can still do misreads of the break, fail to hit the putt along the intended line... and at the wrong speed.  But the stand up putter does remove one variable... moments before we screw up all the other variables...

The fact is a stand-up putter is only accurate when it is standing.  Once it goes into the golfer's hands, accuracy isn't guaranteed.  For me, the old method of picking your line and point in front as a target is still the best

• Like 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You have cabin fever.  A stand up putter, when you stand behind it, shows you precisely where it's lined up.  Being human we can still do misreads of the break, fail to hit the putt along the intended line... and at the wrong speed.  But the stand up putter does remove one variable... moments before we screw up all the other variables...

I’m not saying it that it doesn’t show you where you are lined up. My point is just because you are lined up where you want doesnt for certain make you more putts like they claim it will. 

6 minutes ago, mclaren4life said:

I’m not saying it that it doesn’t show you where you are lined up. My point is just because you are lined up where you want doesnt for certain make you more putts like they claim it will. 

Understood.  Unless your only problem is alignment.

5 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

It’s very snake oil salesman like. Anybody else feel that way or have I just been inside for to long.

Well really...what ‘ golf club infomercial’ isn’t mostly hogwash?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well really...what ‘ golf club infomercial’ isn’t mostly hogwash?

That’s true but for some reason this one really gets under my skin. 

6 minutes ago, mclaren4life said:

That’s true but for some reason this one really gets under my skin. 

The Square Strike wedge with the green plastic insert is still running around under my skin.  No offense to anyone here who owns one.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The Square Strike wedge with the green plastic insert is still running around under my skin.  No offense to anyone here who owns one.

YESSSSSSS!!!!! that one is getting close to pushing me over the ledge. 

6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:
TOT20101213-Reckless-Holiday-Gift-Guide-

You know them, you hate them, and if you watch Golf Channel, you’ve seen plenty of them. Golf infomercials present the...

That’s a hilarious list. Funny thing, i got a potty putter for a gag Christmas gift. I never opened it and my son wanted to. I gave him the green light and got used once and trashed lol.  

No. 5: The Stand-Up Putter

Right behind fire, the wheel and the steam engine on the list of innovations that have changed the course of history is the Stand-Up Putter.

The moment when the putter is first shown standing alone and upright on the green is too sublime for words. Surely, man walking upright for the first time could not have been so majestic.

The Stand-Up Putter would have revolutionized the pre-putt routine. After picking a line and making practice strokes, the golfer would simply step back from the putter at address to double-check the alignment of the putter. The putter, for its part, would simply stand there waiting for your return like an adoring dog.

Of course, as we all know, if your putter is square to your target, then you’ll necessarily hole your putt. Silly things like body alignment, putter path, acceleration and deceleration, putt speed and, silliest of all, reading the putt correctly, matter little when you have a putter that’s a marvelous freestanding structure.

Edited by iacas
weird text

this putter is a cool concept, but would definitely slow down pace of play, and it falls over in windy conditions.  it would definitely help with lining up putts. but that being said, if your stroke was still shit, youre gonna miss left or right regardless of whether or not youre aimed at the hole.  and if your read is shit, and your speed is shit, your putts are gonna be..... well....... shit.  rick sheils does a good review of this putter and he seems to like it, but its not like he put it in the bag.  it's also incredibly heavy obviously, so you are limited to that kind of feel when you buy a putter like that. 

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

On 4/5/2020 at 6:11 PM, Double Mocha Man said:
TOT20101213-Reckless-Holiday-Gift-Guide-

You know them, you hate them, and if you watch Golf Channel, you’ve seen plenty of them. Golf infomercials present the...

A bit OT, but couldn’t resist:

POW!

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

A bit OT, but couldn’t resist:

POW!

I love how his mouth is open in the still.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!