IGNORED

Vijay to Play Korn Ferry Event?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Vijay Playing a Korn Ferry Tour Event?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Vijay Singh playing in a Korn Ferry Tour event?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrator

image.png

Since deleted…

Christopher Powers with the Twitter rage started by Monday Q Info’s Ryan French spotting Singh on the entry list, and fueled by Brady Schnell, a 35-year-old KF Tour journeyman whose Tweets calling Singh “selfish” and “complete turd” have since disappeared.

The common take is that Singh, a three-time major champion who has made north of $70 million in his career on the PGA Tour, should not take a potential paycheck from a player who may need it more, especially given the world's current situation. On the other hand, the 57-year-old Singh is one of the most competitive players the game has ever seen. One could argue he's simply looking to get those competitive juices flowing once again. And since he's not eligible for the Charles Schwab Challenge on the PGA Tour that same week, the inaugural Korn Ferry Challenge is his only alternative.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't get why he would do it. He can play the Champions Tour.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
Just now, boogielicious said:

I don't get why he would do it. He can play the Champions Tour.

He's qualified to play, and the rules for entry let him play. The Champions Tour might not be starting up as quickly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

He's qualified to play, and the rules for entry let him play. The Champions Tour might not be starting up as quickly.

Maybe he lost money at the track or from bad investments or his Ex took it all. 😀

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I agree with the original tweet (except his spelling). Vijay is a cheater in my mind, and should have been banished to the realm of club pro permanently when he altered his card. 

He shouldn't be taking a shot away from an up and comer, and in my opinion, he shouldn't be in the game at all. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I agree with the original tweet (except his spelling). Vijay is a cheater in my mind, and should have been banished to the realm of club pro permanently when he altered his card.

image.png

Got any proof he actually cheated?

Cuz if you're gonna ban a guy from a sport for life for an act committed in 1985, then I'd hate to see what people could say about you, unsubstantiated, to send your life along a very different path.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, iacas said:

image.png

Got any proof he actually cheated?

He got banned from that tour didn't he? Is that not evidence that he cheated? Unless you think there was some kind of plot to take him down by falsely accusing him, then he is a cheater. And this isn't the PR type of cheater where there is some subjectivity when it comes to what should be done in punishment. He changed his card to make a cut. That is about as serious of an offense that I can think of. 

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Cuz if you're gonna ban a guy from a sport for life for an act committed in 1985, then I'd hate to see what people could say about you, unsubstantiated, to send your life along a very different path.

Look at what happens to guys in divorce court or when they get accused of harrassment from years ago. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

He got banned from that tour didn't he? Is that not evidence that he cheated?

No.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, iacas said:

No.

So they just lifetime banned him on a hunch? I don't think they are that thick. He also had the deer antler spray thing happen. He is a cheater, whether you like it or not.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

So they just lifetime banned him on a hunch?

Do some reading, dude. You don’t seem to know what you’re talking about.

He was banned, but not for that incident alone, and he has denied the allegation ever since. There was a racist component, a homer component, and more layers.

4 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

He also had the deer antler spray thing happen.

You mean the bit where he never failed a test and the PGA Tour rescinded his suspension, which they only handed out because he told SI he was using deer antler spray?

I don’t know where your Vijay hate comes from but thank $_deity you’re not a judge or something.

He’s earned the right to play and if the KF players don’t like it, they can play better, work to change the rules for entry, or both.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

He’s earned the right to play and if the KF players don’t like it, they can play better, work to change the rules for entry, or both.

This is basically where I'm at on this. I don't support him doing it, but he has the right to do it so it is what it is.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

When I read that the site of the tournament is Vijay's home course, I wondered if the tournament organizers asked Vijay to play in order to increase interest.  I agree, he's completely within the rules, he's earned the right to compete.  I can also understand the opposing view, that Vijay is taking a spot in the field  that less-accomplished players struggling to make it on tour could really use.  But if you feel that way, you should try to get the rules changed, don't lash out at someone who's following them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

When I read that the site of the tournament is Vijay's home course

Yeah, good point. It's not like he's traveling somewhere to play it. It's in his back yard, basically.

I don’t think it passes the sniff test.

Not a good move Vijay...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, David in FL said:

I don’t think it passes the sniff test.

Not a good move Vijay...

He wants to play. He’s competitive. It’s in his back yard.

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

He wants to play. He’s competitive. It’s in his back yard.

I understand all that.

He can, and obviously will, do what he wants.  I think it’s a crappy move, but he isn’t going to care.

It would be cool to see him miss the cut though!  :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Sandy Divot said:

"If you except money....." If you are going to express outrage, at least, use the correct word. 

Yeah not the sharpest tool in the shed there. Which in a small way is why I hope Vijay beats him.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!