IGNORED

Feedback From Garage Practice Set-Ups

Effington
Note: This thread is 1391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I just recently switched from a basement set-up to a garage set-up.  The basement had a nice cushioned carpet underneath the practice mat, but the garage is just concrete underneath the practice mat.  In the garage, I'm feeling a lot of feedback, whereas with the carpet underneath, I did not.  Do you experience the same and if so, how do you mitigate it?  I'm actually worried that over time it could cause injury, on top of it being much harder to know if I hit it solid or not.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There are a number of mats on the market which are supposed to help this. There is a device as well which is supposed to help prevent repetitive strike injury. I've never tried it myself but here's a youtube video in which it is reviewed. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

4 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

There are a number of mats on the market which are supposed to help this. There is a device as well which is supposed to help prevent repetitive strike injury. I've never tried it myself but here's a youtube video in which it is reviewed. 

I have a Fairway Pro. It’s pretty good. The spring mechanism on mine wore out though so I have to kick it back into place once in a while. 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

58 minutes ago, klineka said:

I use something like this, 1/2 inch thick and stack them a top each other. Works well. They do unsnap once in while, the material is pretty soft.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, klineka said:

I'm not the OP, but this looks like a good option. I have a mat and net setup on the way so I might opt for something like this.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:28 AM, billchao said:

I have a Fairway Pro. It’s pretty good. The spring mechanism on mine wore out though so I have to kick it back into place once in a while. 

Thanks for the feedback!  I see the pricetag on that is roughly $260, which seems like a lot when comparing to something that's a couple bucks.  How is the value for the dollar?

1 minute ago, Effington said:

Thanks for the feedback!  I see the pricetag on that is roughly $260, which seems like a lot when comparing to something that's a couple bucks.  How is the value for the dollar?

They're how much now? I swear I bought mine for half the price like 10 years ago. For that price I would rather buy a Real Feel Golf Mat that can take a tee and I wouldn't have to hit while standing on a doormat.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, Effington said:

9 hours ago, billchao said:

They're how much now? I swear I bought mine for half the price like 10 years ago. For that price I would rather buy a Real Feel Golf Mat that can take a tee and I wouldn't have to hit while standing on a doormat.

@Effington, I’ve been hitting on a Real Feel for 2+ years and I don’t see much wear in it. If you are handy, you can make a stand to get level with the mat. I’ve got two set ups, one at home and one at my cottage. The home set up has no level spot, so I had to make a fancy stand to level it. The cottage stand is just plywood on some 2x3 and a door mat on top.

Go to my swing thread if you want to see the set ups.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• iacas changed the title to Feedback From Garage Practice Set-Ups
Note: This thread is 1391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!