IGNORED

Zwingnetic+ Training Device

Note: This thread is 1098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this.  I’m someone who only owns Superspeed and nothing else but this thing popped up in Facebook and it looked like it made sense in helping get my hands high in the backswing.

if the link doesn’t work, it’s https://zwingitgolf.com.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Thoughts on This Training Device?
  • Administrator

I don't think that's something I'd ever buy for any of my students.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't think that's something I'd ever buy for any of my students.

What don’t you like about it?  What would be the downside?   I’m  looking at it knowing that I can get some lead arm bend and would like to get my hands higher at the top.  I really can’t see myself spending $60 on it but it’s one of the few training aids I see that I can’t find anything wrong with.

What does it ask you to do?  I went to the site but I did not want to "Order Now".

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

7 hours ago, Piz said:

What does it ask you to do?  I went to the site but I did not want to "Order Now".

Look at the bottom of the web site.   There are a few videos.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

It looks uncomfortable to wear. I use the MirrorVision app on my iPhone and iPad to check my hand height.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

What don’t you like about it?  What would be the downside?

It makes you keep your left arm straight with a magnet, right?

First not everyone needs to or should keep their left arm straight. Second, it forces you rather than more passive guidance systems, which are generally the worst kind of training aid.

Mostly, though, people who bend their arm need to work on either turning more or using their wrists differently. The odds that this training aid will help them with those things are incredibly small.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 hours ago, iacas said:

It makes you keep your left arm straight with a magnet, right?

First not everyone needs to or should keep their left arm straight. Second, it forces you rather than more passive guidance systems, which are generally the worst kind of training aid.

Mostly, though, people who bend their arm need to work on either turning more or using their wrists differently. The odds that this training aid will help them with those things are incredibly small.

Thank you Iacas, exactly what I was looking for, the other side of the coin.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I just wanted to jump in since we're new to the training aid game. The Zwingnetic+ does not "force" a straight arm in the sense of your arm is fixed. It allows a bit of bend at the top, the force comes into play more so on the downswing as your arm needs to be back to square/straight in order for the swing lock to unlock for a full follow through. The swing lock will unlock in the backswing if your tempo is too fast as well. Both providing immediate feedback. The product acts as a guide telling you that you're too fast, or you're not square/straightthrough the downswing. Both causing consistency issues. 

The pros of keeping the lead arm as straight as possible are many. Consistency, speed and power to name a few. If you are bending the arm, which iacas is correct, you do need to use your wrists differently. Though unless you have hours a day to keep that type of swing tuned, you're better off with a straight arm back and downswing. Even so, wrist action/lag differs for everybody, which is why we put out a product that focuses on a repetitious swing. 

Thank you for your input iacas.

We do offer a 30 day money back (no questions asked) guarantee.

In the case of the first question. The more you work with it, the more you start to focus on rotation and getting those hands up. What you put into it is what you get out of it. We're not blowing smoke with "instantly" or "immediately". We all know this game takes a ton of hard work. This is one tool of many that can help. 

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

Before I begin, thank you to @Zwingit Golf for coming on and taking an appropriate tact here. Thank you for realizing that everyone here can see and know that I haven’t tested your product, and my opinions are just those formed from looking at a web page and/or a video for a few minutes. And that you’re coming from the perspective of a person hoping to sell some training aids, and help some golfers, as well. Like me.

Another moderator is DMing you, @Zwingit Golf, and we’d be happy to publish a full review if you’re willing to send us some of your training aids. I enjoy finding and testing new training aids, and you know as well as I do (or perhaps better) how many golfers fail to keep a straight left arm. For now, we may disagree on whether that’s a symptom of something else more than a root cause.

10 hours ago, Zwingit Golf said:

The Zwingnetic+ does not "force" a straight arm in the sense of your arm is fixed. It allows a bit of bend at the top

How much? You’re just talking about the wiggle room in the straps, right? Because the magnet will either be on or off, yes? The magnet isn’t on a spring with a little room to move, is it?

the force comes into play more so on the downswing as your arm needs to be back to square/straight in order for the swing lock to unlock for a full follow through. The swing lock will unlock in the backswing if your tempo is too fast as well.

Three quick questions:

1. How is someone swinging down at even 50% speed going to know when the “swing lock” separates on the downswing? It’s an action that takes about 0.2 seconds. Or do you want it to stay locked/closed well, well into the follow-through?
  2. What about Jordan Spieth, Lee Westwood, etc.? Plenty of good swings have a bent left arm even at impact. It’s not a huge number, but they do exist.
  3. How will the swing lock “unlock” if my tempo is too fast? If I keep my arm straight and swing back, why does the rate at which I swing back matter? Would the thing work for Bryson or Nick Price, both of whom had a fast backswing?

If you are bending the arm, which iacas is correct, you do need to use your wrists differently.

I generally see it more from people who don’t turn properly/sufficiently, TBH.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to answer your questions, I'll start at the top. 

Allowing bend and how much?

You are correct. The straps are elastic, but doubled over the arm. This allows the bend I'm alking about, enough to actually follow through for the most part if you didn't get the product to unlock. This is uncomfortable, but it's not going to cause harm. 

Magnets:

The magnet in the upper part of the swing lock is calibrated to function with the weight of the sliding rod. There are no springs. Momentum moves the sliding rod off the magnet to unlock the unit. As long as the arm is straight and there is no pressure on the swing lock caused by a bent arm. It's a very simple design. 

Question 1. The product makes an "audible click" sound when the sliding rod reaches the unlocked position. You can hear this in the videos, especially the "how to" video. Even at 50% the swing lock will unlock on the downswing before impact as long as you've completed the straight arm. If you've bent at the top you need to get back to straight before impact. 

Question 2. Spieth and Westwood are good examples of a bent arm swing. Though, I have to revert back to my last post. These are professionals that spend every waking moment tinkering while hitting golf balls. These types of swings are more difficult to find outside of professionals, mostly due to the amount of work to keep them tuned. I'll counter with the likes of Tiger Woods, Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, John Rahm, and Phil Mickelson. Tiger himself has gone through 4 swing changes since the start of his career. None of which did he ever stray from a straight arm delivery, and almost fully straight at the top of each. The rest of these guys are very similar in their approach. As for most amateurs who get to play 30, 40, and 50 times a year, if they're lucky, are far better off sticking to a straight arm delivery. This, in my eyes, and the players I mentioned above, provides the most consistent chance to square up the face at impact. 

Question 3. This is partially explained in #1, and again when talking about amateurs, a quick tempo often comes with problems. When drawing the club back fluidly, with the arm straight, most players are trying to stay on a proper plane. Tempo helps with this. It's no different than the downswing as far as the magnet is concerned. It's calibrated to let loose at a certain amount of momentum which is about 1.5 to 2lbs of pull weight. As for Bryson Dechambeau, well he's playing his own game right now that not many players on the planet could mimic. So no, it will not work for him 🤪

Again, thank you for letting me speak my peace. I'm not here to sell my product, only to defend it. I am however putting my money where my mouth is and sending 1 to both iacas and boogielicious for a full review. Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• boogielicious changed the title to Zwingnetic+ Training Device

I received the unit from @Zwingit Golf, thanks Kevin. I will need to spend a few more sessions to get a full feel for the unit.

How it works:

The Zwingnetic+ Golf Swing Trainer is designed to help you keep your lead arm straight in the backswing and downswing prior to impact. The Zwingnetic+ slides over the elbow of your lead arm and is hinged to bend at the elbow. It works by using a sliding pin that is kept in place by a magnetic that locks the unit from bending. It will work for right and left handed players.

The player slides the pin in the locked position before set up. The magnet holds the pin in place during the backswing. This also encourages you to keep the arm straight. As you swing down, if your arm remains straight, the pin will slide down due to the centrifugal force created by your swing. If your arm bends too much, friction will keep the pin from sliding out.

First impressions:

The unit is well made and lighter than it looks. The straps to secure the Zwingnetic+ to your arm are pretty long. I ended up tucking them in to keep the straps from flopping around. I’m not sure whose arms would be big enough to need all that strap length. Once on, it keeps the left arm straight. I think if you had a significantly bent arm before impact, it would keep the pin from releasing. My arm is slightly bent at impact and the unit still released.

I need to spend more time testing this out.  Below is a video of my first use. You can here a double click during the downswing. First is the pin sliding out and second is impact. In one swing, I tried to keep the arm bent, but the pin still released although later than usual. BTW, it was 39F when I did this video.🥶

More to come.

• Informative 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I received the unit from @Zwingit Golf, thanks Kevin. I will need to spend a few more sessions to get a full feel for the unit.

How it works:

The Zwingnetic+ Golf Swing Trainer is designed to help you keep your lead arm straight in the backswing and downswing prior to impact. The Zwingnetic+ slides over the elbow of your lead arm and is hinged to bend at the elbow. It works by using a sliding pin that is kept in place by a magnetic that locks the unit from bending. It will work for right and left handed players.

The player slides the pin in the locked position before set up. The magnet holds the pin in place during the backswing. This also encourages you to keep the arm straight. As you swing down, if your arm remains straight, the pin will slide down due to the centrifugal force created by your swing. If your arm bends too much, friction will keep the pin from sliding out.

First impressions:

The unit is well made and lighter than it looks. The straps to secure the Zwingnetic+ to your arm are pretty long. I ended up tucking them in to keep the straps from flopping around. I’m not sure whose arms would be big enough to need all that strap length. Once on, it keeps the left arm straight. I think if you had a significantly bent arm before impact, it would keep the pin from releasing. My arm is slightly bent at impact and the unit still released.

I need to spend more time testing this out.  Below is a video of my first use. You can here a double click during the downswing. First is the pin sliding out and second is impact. In one swing, I tried to keep the arm bent, but the pin still released although later than usual. BTW, it was 39F when I did this video.🥶

More to come.

Thanks for braving the cold and putting this video up! You've got a nice and efficient swing. I look forward to seeing more! 

Ps. The straps are definitely long enough to fit a dump truck. I like to tuck them as well, but could be trimmed too. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2020 at 4:21 AM, boogielicious said:

How it works:

First impressions:

More to come.

Been a while so how's testing coming, @boogielicious ? Does it work for you?

2 hours ago, Zippo said:Been a while so how's testing coming, @boogielicious ? Does it work for you?

It works as advertised, but if you don’t bend your elbow too much in the backswing or downswing, the slide will release. It will help players with a chicken wing a lot I think. It may also help folks who flip and bend their lead arm at impact.

I’m going to do some more tests. First, I will put it on my right arm and try the soft trail arm drill. Then I will swing lefty. When I swing lefty, my left arm bends a lot. I will try to film those and post here.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

I did some more testing. First, I swung normal to show the device is working with a straight left arm. You can hear the double click of slide release right before ball impact. It helps reinforce the feel of a straight lead arm.

Then I tried it lefty. My right arm (lead) bends a lot when I swing lefty. I’ve had shoulder surgery and the flexibility is not there on that side. I could not get the slide to release. I did a bunch of swings. I used my wife’s 6 iron and a foam ball.

Finally, I tried the Soft Trail Arm Challenge drill to see if it would help with that. It definitely restricts the trail arm bend. I could not get much past A3, so I just let the wrists relax. I think it would definitely help a player who bends past 90 in the trail elbow reinforce the straighter feel.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
On 12/31/2020 at 2:59 PM, boogielicious said:

Finally, I tried the Soft Trail Arm Challenge drill to see if it would help with that. It definitely restricts the trail arm bend. I could not get much past A3, so I just let the wrists relax. I think it would definitely help a player who bends past 90 in the trail elbow reinforce the straighter feel.

I think that might be the secret use for the thing. Kinda like our "Tube." You used it with the metal bar in place?

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think that might be the secret use for the thing. Kinda like our "Tube." You used it with the metal bar in place?

Hey guys, wanted to thank boogielicious again for his time. Iacas, we talk about the 90 degree power position in our description on our site as one of the benefits to a straighter lead arm. It is almost impossible to bend past 90 if the lead is straight. Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!