IGNORED

Golf Hat HOF

Note: This thread is 1236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 12/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

When you missed that one foot putt did you tell him your name was Bill Buckner?  😁

No, I like to pretend that never happened. Almost 35 years ago, and I still can't watch the replays! Instead, when I really connect with a drive, I tell him I'm Big Papi.

Edited by Sandy Divot
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

No, I like to pretend that never happened. Almost 35 years ago, and I still can't watch the replays! Instead, when I really connect with a drive, I tell him I'm Big Papi.

Most golfers tend to be more like the Bird Mark Fidrych. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

19 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Bird Mark Fidrych

Are you old enough to remember him?  He was fun to watch but his hat tried to hide in his hair! 😄

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Are you old enough to remember him?  He was fun to watch but his hat tried to hide in his hair! 😄

Well the reference was how golfers try to talk to their ball. The Bird took talking to the ball to a new level! 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Sadly, he died here in Massachusetts. But he was fun to watch!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/3/2020 at 11:11 AM, NM Golf said:

My personal favorite!91RcuKa224L._AC_UY1000_.thumb.jpg.512f7ce39694fda79d3582f6ac8ada8e.jpg

No in all honesty I feel the same way @iacas feels, they are purely functional until they are so gross that they must be tossed. Working at a golf course for all these years has ruined me from buying hats when I play different courses. I know how much those hats really cost wholesale, and I have a hard time paying $35-$40 for a $13 hat, I don't care if it does say Pinehurst no 2 on it. 

No way! That hat would clash with my pink suspenders.

Note: This thread is 1236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!