On 12/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

When you missed that one foot putt did you tell him your name was Bill Buckner?  😁

No, I like to pretend that never happened. Almost 35 years ago, and I still can't watch the replays! Instead, when I really connect with a drive, I tell him I'm Big Papi.

Edited by Sandy Divot
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

No, I like to pretend that never happened. Almost 35 years ago, and I still can't watch the replays! Instead, when I really connect with a drive, I tell him I'm Big Papi.

Most golfers tend to be more like the Bird Mark Fidrych. 

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Are you old enough to remember him?  He was fun to watch but his hat tried to hide in his hair! 😄

Well the reference was how golfers try to talk to their ball. The Bird took talking to the ball to a new level! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Are you old enough to remember him?  He was fun to watch but his hat tried to hide in his hair! 😄

Sadly, he died here in Massachusetts. But he was fun to watch!

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/3/2020 at 11:11 AM, NM Golf said:

My personal favorite!91RcuKa224L._AC_UY1000_.thumb.jpg.512f7ce39694fda79d3582f6ac8ada8e.jpg

No in all honesty I feel the same way @iacas feels, they are purely functional until they are so gross that they must be tossed. Working at a golf course for all these years has ruined me from buying hats when I play different courses. I know how much those hats really cost wholesale, and I have a hard time paying $35-$40 for a $13 hat, I don't care if it does say Pinehurst no 2 on it. 

No way! That hat would clash with my pink suspenders.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.