IGNORED

NHL 2020-21 (or just 2021)

iacas
Note: This thread is 979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Was the hit completely unnecessary or only mostly?

Winnipeg had pulled their goalie, Montreal cleared the zone and Evans negated icing there was no one within 30 feet of Evans. Puck crosses goal line, Evans tucks it in, Schiefele hits Evans at full speed. 

Received a 5 minute major and match penalty for charging. Every analyst and their sister thinks Schiefele will be suspended for the rest of the series. I think it merits a suspension, but for the rest of the series I don’t know. He was trying to make a play on the puck and finish his check. A couple games would fit the crime.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Winnipeg had pulled their goalie, Montreal cleared the zone and Evans negated icing there was no one within 30 feet of Evans. Puck crosses goal line, Evans tucks it in, Schiefele hits Evans at full speed. 

Received a 5 minute major and match penalty for charging. Every analyst and their sister thinks Schiefele will be suspended for the rest of the series. I think it merits a suspension, but for the rest of the series I don’t know. He was trying to make a play on the puck and finish his check. A couple games would fit the crime.

I'll give Schiefele just enough credit to assume he thought he might still be able to prevent the empty-net goal as he charged at Evans, but it was a high hit and extremely reckless. 

There ought to be some sort of suspension here but I'd really hesitate to try to guess what the NHL will come up with here. Guess there have already been some threats, so things might get dicey if he comes back this series.

Really, it is a sort of odd situation. You don't see hits in that kind of position very often. Unless he never noticed Schiefele, Evans had to know he was putting himself in a dangerous spot, but obviously he wanted to score that goal and secure the game. 

Edited by mcanadiens

11 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Nasty hit near the end of the Montreal Winnipeg game, where a Winnipeg player charged a Montreal player and just leveled him. Not sure the names of the players.

Montreal player = Jake Evans

Winnipeg player = Mark Scheifele

Next time you should post a video so we can all look at it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

10 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Was the hit completely unnecessary or only mostly?

well I believe completely, we will see what the league does. Announcers suggesting suspension. 

18 minutes ago, billchao said:

Next time you should post a video so we can all look at it.

you can't see it? 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator

Hearing is not in person.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

26 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

you can't see it? 

You didn’t post a video?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

You didn’t post a video?

My post was right after the incident, a video wasn't available at that time.

I understand the frustration of the team mates but fighting right next to the fallen player who very likely had sever injury was only putting him more at risk.  I understand how hard to control the emotions of the moment but they really needed to not risk moving him.

Hope he is alright.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

11 minutes ago, StuM said:

I understand the frustration of the team mates but fighting right next to the fallen player who very likely had sever injury was only putting him more at risk.  I understand how hard to control the emotions of the moment but they really needed to not risk moving him.

Hope he is alright.

Nikolaj Ehlers (#27 in blue) is properly getting a lot of credit for holding the scrum back from the injured Evans.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Nikolaj Ehlers (#27 in blue) is properly getting a lot of credit for holding the scrum back from the injured Evans.

Just re-watched it.  He clearly did the right thing in protecting the player.  I missed that when I initially viewed it.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I have no vested interest in either the Jets nor the Habs, but I'm not a huge fan of that hit.  In my eyes, Schiefele was reacting because he just got lit up for an empty net goal. 

I'd love to see him suspended for it, but as posted above you can never tell which part of the dartboard the blindfolded monkeys at DOPS will hit with their throw.

• Upvote 1

Corey

24 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Four games for Schiefele.

We were talking about this at work this afternoon.  Predatory was how I described it.  I'm shocked to hear the same term come from the Department.

The League determined he made no play on the puck, had he made a play on the puck, he probably doesn’t get suspended. Maybe a 5 and 10, but not suspended...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Believe it or not, the NHL may have actually learned a lesson from that latest Tom Wilson incident.

Just as well. Didn't want to see my favorite team running around and taking penalties tonight.

Four games seems about right, but I was guessing they'd chop it to two or three because Scheifele had no priors.

I think the four-game suspension is a step in the right direction for the NHL. The NHL could stop violent and inappropriate hits very quickly by handing out penalties and suspensions like this. I enjoy good solid checking in hockey, but stuff like this needs to be gone.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

I think the four-game suspension is a step in the right direction for the NHL.

I think four games is weak. This should have been ten or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I think four games is weak. This should have been ten or something.

Maybe, but it is severe in the aspect it is the playoffs. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing more suspension time. Somebody's really going to get hurt one of these days.

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

Somebody's really going to get hurt one of these days.

You and I must have different definitions of “really hurt.” Jake Evans is out indefinitely with a concussion.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!