IGNORED

NCAA Football 2021

saevel25

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think this might be the best catch I've ever seen.

That's not even the best catch I've seen in the past few days.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's not even the best catch I've seen in the past few days.

Give me a game to look up? 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

26 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Ban sticky receiver gloves. Make 'em go back to using maple syrup on their hands.

Sorry for the NFL pic in a college thread, but ... Bring back Stickum.

History of the NFL in 95 Objects: Stickum - Sports Illustrated

Edited by mcanadiens

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Give me a game to look up? 

Well, since you said "ever," I'll give you two that top it. One this season in the NFL:

And one with which you are probably already familiar:

#6 at 2:00 or so in this one is of the same variety, but better:

The Ohio State guy could have also made it a lot easier if he hadn't hooked his left arm around the Michigan guy's neck. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

41 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Why do defensive backs always signal "no catch"?  Do refs bite on that crap?

Same reason my buddies never have worse than a double bogey.

• Funny 1

I like the content these guys put out.

Their model has it... Alabama 33 versus Cincinnati 33. 

So, the reason why their model is 33 to 33. Alabama's run offense is average at best. Cincinnati has a very good pass defense. So, it is strength v strength. Alabama pass offense, versus Cincy pass defense. Cincy has a pretty decent passing attack, not elite. Alabama's pass defense is average at best this year. Passing travels better than running. 

Here is Michigan v Georgia... Michigan 25, Georgia 29. Yea, I kinda of thought this would be the scoring range. Two defensive teams. In my head, at that scoring range, who make its to 27 first wins? 

The only issue with Georgia is, they better bring that elite rush defense to town. If Michigan averages 4-5 yards per carry, their offense really starts to get going. 

I do hope both games are close.

The worst case would be both Georgia and Alabama crushing their opponents and then Alabama stomping Georgia again. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

On 12/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Why do defensive backs always signal "no catch"?  Do refs bite on that crap?

The funniest ones are the plays where they do that while having had ZERO impact on the fact that a pass was incomplete.  Like a play where he was completely burned and either it was just a poor throw or the receiver missed it, and they confidently taunt with the no-catch signal as if it was their doing.  🙂

And there was another great catch in a bowl game last week with a guy who'd already fallen down in the corner of the end zone as he was catching it, but I don't remember which game it was at this point lol.  They're all a big blur.

1 minute ago, Golfingdad said:

The funniest ones are the plays where they do that while having had ZERO impact on the fact that a pass was incomplete.  Like a play where he was completely burned and either it was just a poor throw or the receiver missed it, and they confidently taunt with the no-catch signal as if it was their doing. 

The other funny ones are when there's a fumble, with a big pile-on.  Players from both teams begin pointing (like a ref) that their team recovered the ball when nobody can even see the bottom of the pile yet.  Fans and refs should not even look at their silliness.

• Like 1

In lighter news, this looks really cool to me: https://twitter.com/PetcoPark/status/1475557949682581507/photo/4

They actually had to remove some permanent seats for this (the grassy wedge area in pic 4 behind the left half of the NC State endzone) that they will supposedly be replacing with temporary removable seats for baseball that they can easily remove in future years for this game, because I guess it's staying there.

(It could move back to Mission Valley because SDSU's new stadium will be done, but I guess they don't want to)

Here's another cool pic of a baseball stadium hosting a bowl game: 

I'm bummed that the Fenway Bowl got canceled because I didn't get to see a photo of what that place would look like.

25 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Didn't the NY Rangers once play an outdoor ice hockey game at Yankee Stadium?

Twice actually, and Citi Field too.  There have been many, many outdoor NHL games over the course of the last 14 years all over the continent.  The most "unusual" ones are probably at Dodger Stadium and the Cotton Bowl.  This year looks like they're also having one in Nashville.  The ones last season at the golf course on the shore of Lake Tahoe were pretty cool too.

Next one is Saturday in Minnesota at Target Field.

1 minute ago, Golfingdad said:

Twice actually, and Citi Field too.  There have been many, many outdoor NHL games over the course of the last 14 years all over the continent.  The most "unusual" ones are probably at Dodger Stadium and the Cotton Bowl.  This year looks like they're also having one in Nashville.  The ones last season at the golf course on the shore of Lake Tahoe were pretty cool too.

Next one is Saturday in Minnesota at Target Field.

I volunteer my front yard for an NHL game.   And regarding Fenway for a bowl game, I wonder how the "green monster" would have come into play???

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I volunteer my front yard for an NHL game.   And regarding Fenway for a bowl game, I wonder how the "green monster" would have come into play???

A field goal that goes through the uprights AND clears the Monster is worth 5 points.

Seriously though, they'd have had to orient the field the other way, probably even losing the bullpens in the process just to fit it in.  That's why I was hoping for a photo, because I'd like to see how they engineered it in there.

Yup, had to take out the bullpens ...

Bowl games with Boston ties canceled due to COVID-19 impacts

• Funny 1

I find it interesting that a football field just fits so nice in that stadium. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

12 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I find it interesting that a football field just fits so nice in that stadium. 

You can kinda tell by looking at the sideline paint as well, but when I google searched for this photo I noticed that in the past (I guess Harvard has played at least one game there) they stick both teams on one sideline - which is pretty goofy but I can kinda see why.

They had to do that when they held that bowl game in Oracle Park (SF Giants) for several years recently as well.

The upside, if you have money to burn, is the unique opportunity to see a football game from the ground level at the 50 yard line without obstruction.