IGNORED

Worst conditions you've played in?

slinkee
Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had to be on the HS golf team. Played one match where the mist turned to sleet turned to snow before the round was over. There was about 2" of snow on the ground by 18........
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here

In HS, we played a tournament at White Bluff in Whitney, TX and it was literally 18 degrees outside. It started sleeting about halfway through it. To this day, I don't know why they didn't cancel it. I had on about 4 different layers and could barely even swing. Mis-hits hurt my hands soooo bad.

We did win the tournament though.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

well i live in colorado so we get some weird weather ive played in april and had it snow on me and ive played in the summer when its a hunded degrees

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

just this april it decided to snow in WA. i just happened to be playing golf that day, and on the second fairway, it starting DUMPING! snow/hail kinda mix, but these things were about 1/2" in size! i took a picture of the green after we got off of it...i will try to post it later (its on my cell phone) if i remember. the next hole is a par 3 about 165, i hit my 7 about 25 feet to the hole. i hit my putt like i was going for a 70 footer just to get it through the snow....put it about 2 feet and made the par

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

I've had a couple interesting days, but to name the top contenders first would have to be the day where I got out on a short 9 hole course around 10am...while putting on the 3rd green it started snowing. Being that this is in atlanta and we don't get snow all too often I thought that it was pretty awesome, and kept playing. While walking up the only big hill on the course which also happens to be the furtherest point from the parking lot(isn't this how it always happens?) the snow turned to hail, slightly smaller than marbles but hurt like hell. Trying to run up the hill and to my car with my bag and also trying to cover my face was a challenge I'd rather never face again.

Another time that comes to mind was one morning my friend's mom wanted him and me to bring his little brother out to play golf. His little brother had been getting lessons and was really excited about playing with us, etc. We get to the course and it's like high 30s...pretty cold weather for around here. It began drizzling on the 4th hole and by the 8th all I was thinking about was finishing the 9th because it was on the way back to the parking lot. However, his little brother wouldn't hear anything about not finishing the full 18, he had just been completely too excited about this to not finish. By the 12th his little brother was wearing my spare glove backwards on his right hand after complaining about how cold his hands were...I believe I somehow shot in the 80s that day though.

And I would mention some of the scorchers I've played in but living in middle Georgia for a good bit of my life you get used to 90-100+ days with 90% humidity if you're lucky . (days of 98% are pretty common.)

Hi-Bore 9.5° w/ UST pro-force v2 Stiff
Halo 1i 16°
Halo 3i 22°
735.cm 4-PW
Vokey 52.8, Vokey Spin-Milled 56.10, 60.4 Sophia 32" or Studio Design 1 34"

"A WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING.

SOUTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO AROUND 25 TO 30 MPH LATE THIS MORNING AND THEN CONTINUE INTO THE EVENING. WINDS COULD GUST TO 40 MPH THIS AFTERNOON."

Heading to the course now...Northern Minnesota/North Dakota golf at it's finest.

In my Hoofer:

Driver: Big Bertha Warbird 9*
3Wood: Big Bertha
Irons: Eye2 BeCu 2-PWWedges: 56 & 60 RTG 588Putter: Sedona

The worst cinditions i have played where back in South Carolina during a good ol' summer thunderstorm.

Me and my Father where playing our weekly round together. It was sort of sprinkling outside so we thought, "it isnt too bad lets just play through it." That was out first mistake. By around the 6th hold it started rain so hard the within about 20 minutes puddles were forming around the course. I finally gave up when i couldnt even hold onto the grip anymore it was so wet. It was kinda of fun except every inch of the cart, my body, and my clubs were drenched. Yeah that pretty much sucked, not to mention it was a thunderstorm so i have no idea why we even tried to play through it.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

Late October 1988 in HS Golf Regional meet. 42 degrees and sideways sleet/rain/showers for the whole round. Shot 86 which considering the conditions was exceptional.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I had some crazy weather for a tournament on Wednesday. +4 degrees celcius, with 40 km/h winds and alternating the entire round between hail and snow. When you stood over the ball, the wind would be constantly be blowing hail straight into your face as you hit. Tres Annoying lol
Ended up with an 86, but I missed 7 putts under 10 feet...hail and wind kept moving my ball around the green during the putts.
O well lol

In The Bag

Callaway X460 10 w/ Fujikara 65 Stiff
Adams Ovation 2 15 degrees
Cobra Baffler 23 degree Powerbilt Grand Slam II Irons Callaway Forged+ 54 wedge Rossa AGSI+ Daytona 1 NXT or NXT Tour

The worst I've played in...

I started the round with a par, I'm happy. It's nice and sunny about 55* (warm for Alaska), and not a breeze in the air (the course I was at is known for ALWAYS having wind). I shoot a respectable 40 on the front, and then all hell breaks loose.

By the 11th hole the wind is up to about 30 miles per hour, and most of the holes on the back play into the wind (except for the par 5's ). So now I am playing in a 2-3 club wind, and it is freezing cold and all I have is a little thin pull-over. Then I get to the 15th tee and it starts raining, so I'm playing in 30 mile per hour winds AND it is raining, not fun, and that's not the end.

That day I was planning on playing two rounds, because my mom dropped me off at the course in the morning and wouldn't be back until 7 or 8. Well because of the conditions I obviously opted out of playing my second round, so at 3:30 PM I start sitting in the pro shop doing absolutely nothing. Then around 6:30 PM guess what? The sun comes out and it is back to perfect playing conditions, but alas I cannot even get nine holes in before my mom comes to pick me up. That was a sad day, with the best part being I shot a terrible 89.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

The worst conditions that I have ever played in were during a round mid last year.

I play at a links course and so it can get extemely windy there but over all the time that I have played there, this was the worst wind I have experienced. It was raining and hailing aslo and in the conditions it was difficult to even make a two foot putt.

Also, it was the last round of the club championships so we had to play off the black markers and hit to the hardest possible pin positions. The best round of the day was about a 78 or higher and that was with heaps of really good golfers playing. I shot a 91 but I was almost happy with that considering the conditions.

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

Could of quite possibly been today, payed $40 to play at this course that my mate had been talking up for a while so we went and played (with buggies) the course was terrible, greens were like putting on dry mud, tee off areas were just covered in sand (hitting an iron was almost like hitting out of a bunker) and then after the 8th hole it starts to poor rain, so our buggies are sliding around everywhere (kinda fun though) soaking wet and windy. Wasn't nice and a big waste of $40.

Earlier in the year I went out to play 9 holes. It was a wet day but I don't mind that because the course is less busy. But as I got to putting on the first hole it started to hale. I found hale to be very distracting while trying to putt. But it wasn't so bad because at least I was dressed for it.

The most unpleasant round I've had for weather was one day when it was nice and sunny, I got caught half way round the course by a sudden shower, and I was only wearing a t-shirt. I did thankfully have an umbrella, but the wind picked up quite a bit and was blowing the rain sideways, and turning the umbrella inside out. Needless to say I felt very cold and wet and unhappy

Probably the worst conditions I played in was probably my best round. Southern Indiana, mid-April. My high school plays in a 9 hole tournament. Its about 15 degrees, 20-30 mph winds, a hard drizzle for most of the round. I started double-double, then proceeded to shot -1 for remaining 7 holes to set the tournament record. Of course, the tournament was just 4 years old at the time, and the record as since been broken. But I'm still really proud of that trophy in my room.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

38 degrees
raining
25 mph wind
links style course - patriot hills in NY

The weatherman said it would be 60 degrees and sunny
damn was he wrong!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

• 5 months later...
today was really bad in northern ohio...there was a mix of hail and rain, around 40 degrees, and windy.

im still glad i played though

Burner 9.5 '09/905R 9.5 V2 HL
906F2 15 75g NV Stiff
735 3 - PW S300
MP R 52.07, 58.12 S300
Original Karsten B60 Hoofer 2

One of my high school matches where it started pouring and hailing at like 40 degree weather and we had to play all 9 holes. By the end of it I couldn't even put my fingers around my putter and I couldn't even hit

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
Irons: Mizuno Mx19s
Wedges: 46 Degree PW, 50 Degree GW, 54 Degree SW (10 bounce)
Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Putter
Balls: Bridgestone E5+Lowest Rounds: 9 Holes - 34 @ Lake Wilderness.18 Holes - 73 @ Chinook Winds Golf Resort (On a vacation trip, it was the easiest course...

I love the way every one talks about the temperature wind and rain.Just come to Ireland it doesnt matter what season it is you can be assured that you will never have experienced anything like it before but boy it is so much fun.I am playing the European Club next week(the toughest links in the world I would imagine)and let me tell you that place is open to the elements.

Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!