IGNORED

My Recurring Dream!

JuliWooli
Note: This thread is 1173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I only get this frustrating dream during the golf season and usually its before an important match. I'm looking for free analysis by the way.

I'm on the first tee and I'm up. I tee up and there's a tree hindering my backswing. I move to another spot and all of a sudden I'm inside a building with a raised opening like a window without glass to play through. I can't find anywhere in that room to tee-up where I can get a free backswing to attempt this challenge. I could go on but, eventually, after what seems like hours, I give up and never get to play.

I know there's a message in this dream.

Over to you aspiring Dr. Freuds

5 minutes ago, JuliWooli said:

I only get this frustrating dream during the golf season and usually its before an important match. I'm looking for free analysis by the way.

I'm on the first tee and I'm up. I tee up and there's a tree hindering my backswing. I move to another spot and all of a sudden I'm inside a building with a raised opening like a window without glass to play through. I can't find anywhere in that room to tee-up where I can get a free backswing to attempt this challenge. I could go on but, eventually, after what seems like hours, I give up and never get to play.

Wow, I usually only get first-tee jitters when I get to the first tee.  I don't have any helpful advice, really, other than maybe you should find a way to care less.   For me, even the most important matches are still all about fun, I know I'll still eat well and live in a nice home and have a lovely wife if I play poorly.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Wow, I usually only get first-tee jitters when I get to the first tee.  I don't have any helpful advice, really, other than maybe you should find a way to care less.   For me, even the most important matches are still all about fun, I know I'll still eat well and live in a nice home and have a lovely wife if I play poorly.  

I don't suffer from 1st tee jitters, this is a recurring dream.

I always say my dog doesn't give a shit how I play, he always welcomes me home. Too enthusiastically sometimes. Down boy!

Just now, JuliWooli said:

I don't suffer from 1st tee jitters, this is a recurring dream.

But this is my amateur psychoanalysis, your first-tee jitters are occurring in the middle of the night, not at the golf course.  And perhaps that's the best time to have them to occur, so you're not feeling any anxiety when you actually start to play.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

25 minutes ago, JuliWooli said:

I have to admit to having a lot of golf dreams. The reoccurring one that I have is making a hole-in-one on a particular par 4. My golf dreams are always happy ones, so I'm not sure how to advise you. 

By the way, Dr Freud will most likely tell you that your dream has something to do with your relationship with your mother. ... that's what he pretty much said about everything. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

But this is my amateur psychoanalysis, your first-tee jitters are occurring in the middle of the night, not at the golf course.  And perhaps that's the best time to have them to occur, so you're not feeling any anxiety when you actually start to play.  

Not bad. What does the robbing banks dream mean?

3 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

By the way, Dr Freud will most likely tell you that your dream has something to do with your relationship with your mother. ... that's what he pretty much said about everything. 

That bitch ruined all our lives. :beer:

I found my dream in this article. Unfortunately there is no analysis. Perhaps some of you can identify with some of the others. I like Coltart's dream at the end, its even worse than mine.

Dream.jpg

Mark Townsend rounds up a few amateurs and...

Maybe Dr. Google can shed some light on "Is it a dream or is it a nightmare"

Dreams can be described as certain sensations, images or ideas that involuntarily occur in the mind during various stages of sleep.
A nightmare is an unpleasant dream which may cause despair, terror, sadness, and anxiety in a person. Such a dream may consist of instances where the individual may be in the face of a dangerous situation, place of discomfort or disgust which may frighten or make the individual extremely uncomfortable.

Recurring Dream Facts

Recurring dreams usually happen in REM sleep.
Recurring dreams are our unconscious mind telling us to “wake up” and address the problem.
They deliver a very important message.
Often form in a nightmare dream.
Very common everybody gets one.
Triggered by stressful times in life.

The advice I usually give everyone is "take two and call me in the AM."
The "TWO" can be of users choice !!!
 I never get paid for my professional assessment...  😡

• Funny 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

31 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

I never get paid for my professional assessment...  😡

Neither do I :cry:

Interesting! 

I love the first tee. A new adventure with endless possibilities and all that suspense, excitement and joy in between.

That's why I don't understand my dream.

On 2/22/2021 at 1:28 PM, JuliWooli said:

You are too focused on outcome over execution. Pay no mind to what’s inhibiting what you want to do. Choose to execute and deal with the outcome. You’ll never know that outcome unless you execute.😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You are too focused on outcome over execution. Pay no mind to what’s inhibiting what you want to do. Choose to execute and deal with the outcome. You’ll never know that outcome unless you execute.😃

That's way over my head. Outcome, execution, inhibition.

I'm only 26.

"Mummy there's a scary man on this thread" :cry:

over my head.jpg

13 hours ago, Vinsk said:

That was your horoscope this morning, wasn’t it?😜

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Oh crap! You totally beat me to the punch line. ... Only I was going with "That was in your fortune cookie last night, wasn't it?" 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

5 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Oh crap! You totally beat me to the punch line. ... Only I was going with "That was in your fortune cookie last night, wasn't it?" 

Fortune cookie would have had a lucky number too!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Horoscope just read; ‘ Punt.’

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, JuliWooli said:

Are there any more lunatics on this forum.

Many, "There Coming To Take Me Away, Ha Ha "
I'd keep an eye out for Doctors from FLA.... 😁 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Note: This thread is 1173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!