IGNORED

Does your girlfriend/wife golf?

Wisco-Kid
Note:Β This thread is 4394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

My wife plays.
We are both in our 50's and both shoot in the 90's.
We enjoy playing together. It is a nice time to talk about our kids, the future, the house in a relaxed environment and exercise at the same time if we can walk the course.
Would be fun if resorts had special packages for couples since there are a lot of places we would like to go on vacation and play but it is $$$$$$$$$.

My girlfriend does golf, in fact our first date was on the golf course.

Sounds like a keeper

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5ΒΊ Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

She came out once to a Tourney i help put on for work, years ago. A couple of years ago, i thought i would get her clubs, & lessons. Then i realized that she would want to come golfing with ME ! I thought what the "****" were u thinking!!!! I like going out with the guys & also playing in a mens league. We are building a house on a course, so if she wants to take lessons & play in a womans league, great. I would play with her on the course we will be living on, occasionally. I like the bull****, beer, & stogies - with the boys.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMadeΒ RBZ 3 HLΒ 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18Β° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22Β°

PingΒ G2 steelΒ 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PWΒ 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60Β° orΒ Nike SV Tour 50Β°

Yes! Sophia blade

my girlfriend doesn't, but we do other things together like going to concerts.....my friend who is a girl does, and she always takes money from me

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I play golf with my golf friends that are guys. If I went with my gf she would bring her friends so I would be golfing with a sevensome full of ladies that cant golf.

Hey man, things could get interesting... might be worth a try.. haha

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I met a girl in class today and she plays golf! I willl be pursuing. ill keep you posted. I plan on seducing her with my short game skills
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

My wife doesnt play but she loves caddying (mostly driveing the cart) for myself and my friends.

In my stand bag

r7 draw driver
G10 5 wood
3 r7 hybrid 4-pw tour burner irons CG10 50* and 56* wedges 60* wedge studio select newport putter D2 feel

i bought her clubs, but shes used them 3 times... duh you're saying yeah....

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

Fortunately she hates golf but she lets me golf almost every weekend and she even plans our vacations so I can golf everyday. If she golfed we'd be broke.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

I plan on seducing her with my short game skills

A lot of girls say that size doesn't matter

Sorry, I had to go there.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9Β° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52Β°/56Β°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

then a lot of girls are liars. im working on my long game.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

she doesn't play but she does like to ride around in the cart

+1!

Mine likes to drive.. She doesn't play (yet) but her boss has impressed upon her that there are many business opportunities missed by not playing. It's just my opinion, but I think getting them to the course by letting them drive the cart may just be the ticket to getting them involved.

On my tombstone: "IfΒ this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Β 

• 3 years later...

There is nothing quite like having your girlfriend say she wants to go buy a new club. Usually I'm the one dragging her to golf stores so I can touch the shiny new clubs and swing a few.

-- There is some sick pleasure to resurrecting a 3 year old thread.. but its better than starting a new thread for something silly...

taylormade.gifΒ R9 460 9.5* Stiff
cobra.gifΒ Baffler 2h
Β JPX 800 Pro 4-PW Β *New! eBay gamble paid off!*
cleveland.gifΒ CG14 52* /Β Β MP T-10 56* /Β Β callaway.gifΒ Vintage Tour X Wedge 60*

taylormade.gifΒ Spider Ghost /Β Β Z Star Yellow

I dont have a wife/gf but if I did I wouldnt mind playing alongside her, if she can play.Β Β I wouldnt have the patience to playΒ with a total hack and I doubt I could teach anyone how to play as I have enough to worry about with my own play.Β Β  Im sure its the same with female golfers that are good players and bringing the bf/husband along who doesnt play, hard to concetrate when you constantly have to find the other players ball because they dont know where it went or the 20 yards and a cloud of dust on every shot and simply picking the ball up after 10 shots on each hole as its taking forever to play.Β Β  I think it would be great if i could find a female playing partner who was at least average in ability and at least average in looks as well.Β Β  I think this can be a problem regardless of gender when it comes to playing partners,Β Β good players want to play alongside other good players to challenge each other and maintain a good pace of play.

Driver-Taylormade Burner TiΒ 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3Β wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golfΒ 20Β deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

A year ago my wife decided she really wanted to play golf with me so we bought her a started set of clubs.

Those clubs are still gathering dust in an upstairs cupboard now (although on the plus side almost all of them still have the cellophane on them) lol

She did however say to me on Friday that she'd "like to start playing golf" so who knows...

SWING DNA
Speed [77]Β TempoΒ [5]Β ToeDown [5]Β KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5Β° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305Β [:-P]

My wife does not play, but my G/F does.Β  Kidding ofcourse.Β  I play some of the most relaxing golf when she will 'caddy' for me, altho, it's driving the cart and keeping me company.Β  Bought my grand-daughter a putter for her K-Garten grad gift, she drives the cart as well and putts (better than I do) when I reach the green.

My girlfriend started taking lessons within a few weeks of us going out.. without me even knowing. That was pretty cool; I just wish she'd take some more. I will say that she has a knack for hitting the ball straight. She is a natural and that is great, but it went to her head a little bit. She wants no advice at all and she refuses to go to the range - yet she gets angry when she has a crappy day.

I love having her out there.. even more so now that I've kicked her over to my mom's golf cart for the round.

taylormade.gifΒ R9 460 9.5* Stiff
cobra.gifΒ Baffler 2h
Β JPX 800 Pro 4-PW Β *New! eBay gamble paid off!*
cleveland.gifΒ CG14 52* /Β Β MP T-10 56* /Β Β callaway.gifΒ Vintage Tour X Wedge 60*

taylormade.gifΒ Spider Ghost /Β Β Z Star Yellow

Note:Β This thread is 4394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!