IGNORED

Eagles!?!?!

Borf
Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you eagle?

• Never
    • 1 in a lifetime
    • 1 in a year
    • 2,3,4,5 + a year
    • 10+ a year

I regularly have eagles putts - almost once per round. The problem with me is that I haven't mastered how to sink them. I try to treat them as regular putts but I regularly leave them short. Hopefully with more practice I will fix that issue.

I would say I am a once, maybe twice per year eagle player.
Currently Playing:
Driver: Redline RPM 460CC 10*
Irons: American Standard Custom 3-SW
Putter: White Hot XG #1
Golf Ball: Big BerthaGolf Bag: FT Performance Stand BagWhere I Golf:Sussex Golf and Curling Club - Sussex, New Brunswick, Canada

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had 3, all in the last year. Two on the same par 5, 515 yards and regularly plays downwind. I've also had one on a driveable par 4, sunk a 20 footer from the fringe.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

I'm in a serious eagle drought. I play two to three times a week. I get on or around most par 5s in 2. Yet, I have made NO EAGLES this year! Tons of two-putt birdies....When I was younger and far more inconsistent I'd make a few eagles a year. I'm going to make one soon.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

1 this past december in Florida. A very short par 4 which I drove and then sunk the putt.
Today I had a decent chance at one. 481 yard par 5. I drove the ball about 190 yards from the hole but pulled my hybrid just left of the green. The distance was perfect. I chipped on missed a very makeable birdie and settled for par finishing my best round ever on that course, 95.

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

I have had 4 chances for eagle and not made one. On a course I play a couple times a year the first hole is a drivable par 4. I swear everytime I have drove the green I have been on one side and the hole on the other side.
Never had a legit putt at it.

The only par 5 I can reach in 2 has just way to much trouble around it to go for it.
It has water all down the left side then then it bends to the right in front of the green. Last week I needed 200 yards to carry the water to get home and I didnt have the nads to go for it. I got my par though.

Golf is the cruelest game, because eventually it will drag you out in front of the whole school, take your lunch money and slap you around. ~Rick Reilly, "Master Strokes," Sports Illustrated

I've never actually made an eagle. At my home course I can usually reach one of the shorter par 5's with two shots. I've had various putts for eagle, with nothing to show for it. Today I played at a friend's home course and just missed a 50 foot chip in for eagle on realatively short par 4 (280)

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Afraid not...have come close a number of times, usually second shots into par 4s that come exceptionally close, gimme birdies.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I put 10+ a year. I guess its about that many. I had two in one round this spring. Then again I play like 60+ 18 hole rounds a year plus several 9 holers in there as well. So like an eagle every six rounds. Yeah maybe.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had several, all but one came on the same double dog leg par 5 that can be cut to about 400 yards. The other was a holed 7 iron on a par 4.
However, I have never played a hole of golf (in 35 years) where I didn't have a chance for eagle.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Is there a hole-in-one story thread ???

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

i just got one yesterday. 535yd par 5. Driver off the tree, 3w to within 10 feet. It was probably my 3rd this year. Made up for that tee shot for sure.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17
Raylor 19* 909h 21 MB 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Circa 62 No 7

lipped out a chip for one today. missed the birdie putt, too.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I have never eagled before... what the heck

Things I Am Good at in Golf

- Hitting it in the drink
- Finding the rough with my drive
- Staying in the bunker- Hitting grassburners all the way to the hole- Three putting- Posting over par on 18 in only 9 holes- Swinging and missing with an iron

I'm getting more and more chances at eagles, I've been hitting more greens in two on par fives lately, but the closest eagle putt I had was about 8 or so feet and barely missed it.

I've made just one so far in my career. But more will come - just have to be patient.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm still waiting for the first one. Who knows, maybe it will be on a par 3... :)
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10*
Fairway Woods: Callaway X-Hot 15*, Callaway X 2008 18*
Hybrids: Callaway X-Hybrid 21*
Irons: Mizuno MP-57 5-PW (27*, 31*, 35*, 39*, 43*, 47*)
Wedges: Eidolon V-Sole GW (52*), SW (56*), LW (60*)Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball White Steel BladeBall: Bridgestone e6 BallStand Bag: Ogio...

I've had three in the three seasons i've played golf, with two coming this season. And thankfully, I had a witness for each of them Suprisingly though, they were all made with a putter. I've never jarred one from the fairway

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!