IGNORED

Did You Know…?

This is a thread to show or say anything that most people might not realize realize, with respect to any topic/subject or idea. 

'Did U Know' that there is no water rotation in a drain when standing on the equator? 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

This is a thread to show or say anything that most people might not realize realize, with respect to any topic/subject or idea. 

'Did U Know' that there is no water rotation in a drain when standing on the equator? 

Yep. And the ‘flat earthers’ really have fun with this one. 

• Administrator

So the first post is a fraud already?

Water drains based on how it’s introduced to the system. The Coriolis Effect is too weak to act on a toilet or sink or whatever.

coriolis.jpg

This notion is is one of the most prominent scientific myths.

icon.400x400.png

On Twitter recently, I saw the following tweet:

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Water drains based on how it’s introduced to the system. The Coriolis Effect is too weak to act on a toilet or sink or whatever.

coriolis.jpg

icon.400x400.png

But he 'neutralized' the water each time before letting it drain!

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

No. It’s false.

36 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Didn’t you read what Erik posted?

Yes, and I find it amazing that is all Bs. At least now we know that such a phenomenon is not true. I will try to resurrect some Integrity in this thread by posting something legit maybe later.

3 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Yes, and I find it amazing that is all Bs. At least now we know that such a phenomenon is not true. I will try to resurrect some Integrity in this thread by posting something legit maybe later.

Well actually it was good overall. A common myth exposed. Always good to see one explained. I learned from TST that the whole ‘ Johnny Miller shot that final US OPEN round on a softened, easier course’ was total bs too.

11 hours ago, iacas said:

coriolis.jpg

icon.400x400.png

You beat me to it.

21 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

You beat me to it.

I’m perplexed that you know this, but not the correct form of “you’re” to use.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:58 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Let's imagine your a tour pro who's just been offered a "whole bag sponsorship deal".

Your educational background sure is interesting 😜

It still didn’t stop me from filling the sink in Sydney and testing it myself!😜

29 minutes ago, billchao said:

I’m perplexed that you know this, but not the correct form of “you’re” to use.

Your educational background sure is interesting 😜

Ha, yeah. I also don't proof read. I just click supmit amd asume evary think goe to plan.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Well actually it was good overall. A common myth exposed. Always good to see one explained. I learned from TST that the whole ‘ Johnny Miller shot that final US OPEN round on a softened, easier course’ was total bs too.

Yes, thank you for your post. I'm not going to pretend I already knew that the op was bs, especially after posting it myself ;-). Actually, I thought it was real. Learn something every day! I promise to find a good next 'did u know'. We'll see! Thanks to Erik as well for bringing the truth to light! 

(edited)

Ok, my intention of this thread was to have the opportunity to talk about subjects that are somewhat of a phenomena, or situations that  many do not understand. (many subjects would fit that category for me:mellow:). The sky is the limit, so to speak, as long as it is acceptable to the forum rules. My original post was somewhat science/nature themed, so I thought I would continue with that idea, and have a worthy subject. So here it is, and 'they' are devastating, the apocalyptic-like fire tornado. Below, in the link attached, is some good footage and explanation of these destructive forces of nature:

Edited by Billy Z
typo

The word "alphabet" comes from the Greek words "alpha" and "beta"

18 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Which are actually letters :-)

Moving on .......Erik Anders Lang was married to Sia.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

I didn't know that, but now that you mention it it does make sense!

I think that most everybody knows that dimples aid in the flight of a golf ball, but do they realize the science behind it? The video attached gets a bit in depth of this science. Did you know:

• iacas changed the title to Did You Know…?