IGNORED

Was it a Hole in One?

wakefield724

On 6/15/2021 at 2:43 PM, Troy Ocker said:

Not allowed in Norway yet. Hopefully soon though... 

Not allowed to take the flagstick out? What would be the penalty for doing it?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/3/2021 at 7:01 PM, RickK said:

Don't disagree.  Neither of mine hit the foam on the fly.  One was first bounce, other was second bounce.  Either way...didn't stay in hole so doesn't matter.

A pair of kick-in birdies within a month of each other is still really good ball striking. 

On 8/13/2021 at 1:11 PM, Ruler said:

Not allowed to take the flagstick out? What would be the penalty for doing it?

No penalty, but it was not allowed due to COVID regulations to touch any public stuff. Now we're finally allowed to take the flag out and rake bunkers again 🙂

2 hours ago, Troy Ocker said:

No penalty, but it was not allowed due to COVID regulations to touch any public stuff. Now we're finally allowed to take the flag out and rake bunkers again 🙂

Sounds bizarre. There is a prohibition but no penalty.

I can understand that touching the flagstick was not recommended (as it was around here), especially as the current Rules allow keeping it in, but prohibiting removal of it is just silly, especially as there was no penalty.

Btw, may I ask how did you manage the trolleys? If it was not allowed to touch any 'public stuff' then the trolleys of the course must have been out of use, must they not? 

Edited by Ruler

11 minutes ago, Ruler said:

I can understand that touching the flagstick was not recommended (as it was around here), especially as the current Rules allow keeping it in, but prohibiting removal of it is just silly, especially as there was no penalty.

Btw, may I ask how did you manage the trolleys? If it was not allowed to touch any 'public stuff' then the trolleys of the course must have been out of use, must they not? 

Out this way, any rental carts (push or riding) were (supposedly, I didn't check, but I believe it was done) sanitized after each turn-in.  However, it isn't really feasible to do that with a flagstick.

15 hours ago, Ruler said:

Trolleys were washed with sanitizer after use, as were baskets for rangeballs etc.  

I guess you would first get a warning, and if you still knowingly continued to not follow this set of simple measures applied to let us use the courses in special times, I guess you would lose your right to play golf here. I haven't heard of anyone not respecting these simple measures, agreeing with the effectiveness of them or not. If your community asks a simple favour of you, the same for everyone, why would you not just do it?    

1 hour ago, Troy Ocker said:

Trolleys were washed with sanitizer after use, as were baskets for rangeballs etc.  

I guess you would first get a warning, and if you still knowingly continued to not follow this set of simple measures applied to let us use the courses in special times, I guess you would lose your right to play golf here. I haven't heard of anyone not respecting these simple measures, agreeing with the effectiveness of them or not. If your community asks a simple favour of you, the same for everyone, why would you not just do it?    

It is the method I am wondering. Around here it was recommended not to touch the flagstick and nobody did. So the outcome must have been the same as in your country. What bothers me is that as the Rules of Golf clearly allow you to remove the flagstick I find it strange to prohibit it. In fact, from the Rules point of view I do not see that kind of prohibition even feasible. After all, if someone wanted to remove it they could use disposable gloves. But as I said, around here flagsticks remained untouched as well without any prohibition.

Off topic: it is rather interesting that in the view of current knowledge not a single case of covid has been proven to have originated from a surface. So it is possible that all the fuss about not touching flagsticks was for nothing. But better safe than sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1