IGNORED

The Masters on tv

hawkeye
Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just read in this mornings paper that Setanta Ireland will be broadcasting the par 3 tournament for the first time on the Wednesday - has anyone watched it on tv before?

Also - they will be showing all 4 days with no ad breaks which is brilliant (unlike Sky Sports and normal PGA Tour events on Setanta).

Can't wait for next week! Going to a Masters Party on Sunday

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Just read in this mornings paper that Setanta Ireland will be broadcasting the par 3 tournament for the first time on the Wednesday - has anyone watched it on tv before?

Sounds like fun...Are you going to wear a green jacket? You should pick one up at a thrift store, have a putting contest and give it to the first place winner.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

YEAH!

But then, you would be too awesome.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

If you have Directv they are going to have a few special channels, one just on the Amen corner....You can finally choose what to watch.

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

Didnt Rod Pampling win it last year?

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Sounds like fun...Are you going to wear a green jacket? You should pick one up at a thrift store, have a putting contest and give it to the first place winner.

love thrift stores, am always on the hunt for plaid pants (circa 70's) to wear golfing

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

It has never been televised anywhere before.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Can't wait to watch it, my oldest son is pumped also.

Sort of like Disney World as a kid...can't wait. Gonna max out the memory on the DVR fer sure!

Damn...what a tournament!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Thanks for the info.

The par 3 tournament should be great to watch. There are usually multiple aces and it sounds like the caddies get a hit occasionally too. Perfect for increasing the hunger for the big one!

Be sure and look for me on the weekend. I will be there watching Tiger start his Grand Slam run....

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

The masters would be a great tournament if it was on a different channel. I hate CBS golf with Jim Nantz. And that sh%tty music they play..........

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

In the UK we get solid coverage on the BBC with no commercial breaks, although we have to wait for CBS to give us their coverage.

Do you have Setanta? I'll be flicking between them and BBC, depending on who they have commentating. Ken Brown will be on Setanta - though Peter Alliss is a howl on the Beeb. When he's not being senile.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I can't cope with Gary Lineker's commentary- it is so boring and dour. Where is good old Alex Hay and what about Dave Marr? Bring back Steve Ryder is what i say. Ken Brown is cool and very knowledgeable. Sam Torance is good to listen to...maybe Monty would do some commentary- that would be good to listen to, right?

Do you have Setanta? I'll be flicking between them and BBC, depending on who they have commentating. Ken Brown will be on Setanta - though Peter Alliss is a howl on the Beeb. When he's not being senile.

Peter Alliss is quite possibly the biggest, nonsensical windbag I have ever heard call a sporting event. I find him to be maddeningly annoying. Kelly Tilghman is pleasant to listen to by comparison, and we all know how terrible she is.

Note: This thread is 5869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!