IGNORED

Capital Region of NY State/Saratoga-Malta Area

MGNJ88
Note: This thread is 993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any guys here know the courses up near Albany/Saratoga Springs area ?

Driving up from Northern NJ and doing a three day up to the race course in Saratoga Springs and would like to place a course close to the NY thruway going up and coming back. We already have a tee time at Saratoga National so looking for one or two more nice tracks. 

Edited by MGNJ88

• MGNJ88 changed the title to Capital Region of Ny State/Saratoga-Malta Area
2 hours ago, MGNJ88 said:

Any guys here know the courses up near Albany/Saratoga Springs area ?

Driving up from Northern NJ and doing a three day up to the race course in Saratoga Springs and would like to place a course close to the NY thruway going up and coming back. We already have a tee time at Saratoga National so looking for one or two more nice tracks. 

The Links at Union Vale is a pretty good course.

If you’re looking for something closer to Albany, maybe @colin007 or @RFKFREAK can help.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, billchao said:

The Links at Union Vale is a pretty good course.

If you’re looking for something closer to Albany, maybe @colin007 or @RFKFREAK can help.

@MGNJ88 if you're looking for a course in the Capital Region Fairways of Halfmoon is a good course.  I might also suggest Van Patten which has three 9s.

• Thumbs Up 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Saratoga National is a very nice course, it's a bit rich for me but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

The Saratoga Spa State Park course is one of my favorites in the entire area. You won't get the resident rate but it's still a good deal.

Saratoga Lake Golf Club is ok, some great holes and some boring holes, a bit scruffy in places. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

Thanks Colin. We’ve played the Spa course and it’s a fun track. I was hoping to hit a place on the way up the Thruway that we’ve never been to. Your thoughts on the Fairways at Halfmoon ?

3 hours ago, MGNJ88 said:

Thanks Colin. We’ve played the Spa course and it’s a fun track. I was hoping to hit a place on the way up the Thruway that we’ve never been to. Your thoughts on the Fairways at Halfmoon ?

Wiltwyck in Kingston is good, maybe not far enough north for your plans though.  I think they just hosted a US Sr Am (or something like that, don't recall exactly).

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

• iacas changed the title to Capital Region of NY State/Saratoga-Malta Area
5 hours ago, colin007 said:

Saratoga Lake Golf Club is ok, some great holes and some boring holes, a bit scruffy in places.

Harrison Ford GIF by Star Wars

Great tips @colin007!

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 8/4/2021 at 7:53 AM, MGNJ88 said:

Fairways is nice, there are a few spots where it looks like they ran out of space and just shoehorned a hole in where they could. There's a great par 3 on the back overlooking a rail yard with a massive drop, I like to tee up a couple drivers and Hulk Smash as far as I can. 

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!