IGNORED

The Stack System - A Conversation on Gaining Swing Speed

iacas

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, StuM said:

I do not have The Stack yet but curious.  Do you need the monitor super close which may cause an impact or was that just a crazy swing?

It can be a foot+ away.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, StuM said:

I do not have The Stack yet but curious.  Do you need the monitor super close which may cause an impact or was that just a crazy swing?

You do not need it that close, no. It was a bad swing combined with me being careless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 6/22/2022 at 2:05 PM, iacas said:

I've had enough people ask that I've set up an affiliate deal:

https://www.thestacksystem.com/discount/IACAS

stack_qr_code_99.png

You can use the coupon code "IACAS" as well, and you can visit the site at https://www.thestacksystem.com?aff=99, too. All should work. If you're not seeing the discount automatically applied, though, use the first link and/or the specific coupon code "IACAS".

Question, I am getting ready to purchase and used the link at the top of this post.  It seems it will give a "Bundle" discount but the "IACAS" discount is only applied if I by The Stack alone without the monitor.  I've emailed them but thought I would ask her as well.  Is the discount code supposed to be good on the "Bundle"?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

Let me know what they say. I might still get credit but since they’re discounting the Stack already and reselling effectively the radar that may be all the discount they’re willing to give.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

@StuM I sent you a text with the answer. Basically the bundle deal is better for you but I’ll still get credit.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Stack is ORDERED! 😀 Do not know the delivery date yet but looking forward to getting going on this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah The Stack straight up works if you're willing to put the time in. Even if it doesn't seem like you're getting faster during the program, just keep at it and keep pushing through.

Hit 4 drives today at the range and clubhead speeds were 130.0, 128.6, 122.3 and 132.1mph!! Insane. I honestly thought the 130.0 was a misread at first until the next one was 128.6.

Also hit 120.8mph with 3wood and averaged 117mph with it.

Craziest part was that I wasn't even trying to go after them 110% either, just full normal swings that I'd make on a golf course. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Informative 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

12 hours ago, klineka said:

Hit 4 drives today at the range and clubhead speeds were 130.0, 128.6, 122.3 and 132.1mph!! Insane. I honestly thought the 130.0 was a misread at first until the next one was 128.6.

Also hit 120.8mph with 3wood and averaged 117mph with it.

Hah. That is only 10 mph slower than my ball speed. 

Vishal S.

38 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Hah. That is only 10 mph slower than my ball speed. 

I've got quite a few things working in my favor for speed, I'm like 6'4, fairly young, work out 5-6x a week, former college athlete, etc. I know it's not going to last forever so trying to maximize it while I can.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, klineka said:

I've got quite a few things working in my favor for speed, I'm like 6'4, fairly young, work out 5-6x a week, former college athlete, etc. I know it's not going to last forever so trying to maximize it while I can.

Still bro.. that's badass.

• Thumbs Up 2

Vishal S.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, email from Stack on a Phising attempt.  I really like the speed in which they informed people of this.

IMG_9251.png

Stuart M.

• Administrator

Yeah I saw the three emails, all pitching free TaylorMade stuff. The URL was terrible. Not Dick’s, TaylorMade, or Stack.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first part of 2024 where I've played enough to have some good on-course progress to report. I played 45 holes in the past week, and I had 8 drives of over 310 yards. This included a drive that went 356 (!) yards and one that went 341 yards. My worst drive that didn't hit a tree was still 260. These numbers are definitely juiced beyond the altitude I play at because the grass is still semi-dormant and fairly firm, but I'm still longer than I was last year by at least 10 yards, likely more. Really jazzed about the improvement and by how far I'm driving it.

• Thumbs Up 5

-- Daniel

Still pretty early in the season here but my distance off the tee has been very solid, carried a bunker that was 275yds to cover and straight back into a ~15-20mph wind and 38 degrees on Saturday.

Tried The Stack Putting for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed it. Want to do it a few more times before I make any conclusions about miss/aim bias. Really wish they had an Android version so I wouldn't have to take my iPad with me to the putting green and could just do it from my phone instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did my second putting session today, I find these quite enjoyable.

Have adjusted my stance quite a bit per recommendations from @iacas on Evolvr and have been putting significantly better since doing so.

I was -1.34 SG the first time I did the putting, today I was +2.05 SG. Small sample sizes but really encouraged by the changes to my putting plus the statistics I will continue to get from this as I keep doing it.

It has already confirmed one thing I kinda already knew, on left to righters I miss right/low significantly more than left/high. I need to get better about trusting my read. I re-checked my Aimpoint reads today with a digital level and they were pretty spot on so I just need to trust it especially on the left to right ones.

To today was an experimental day on speed training. I didn’t do a baseline or anything official. I just got my driver and swung it to try and see where I’m at and figure out what the foot could handle.

it was humbling. My first couple swings were 83 and 85 mph, clearly nothing to brag about. I then tried to swing a little harder and got up to 90.  @ the 7th swing I hit 96mph, which was my peak.  The good news is it is now about ten minutes after the last swing and zero pain in the foot. The question now is how does it feel tomorrow morning. 🤞

I am hoping to learn that I can do max effort.  I’m still not sure I am ready to start speed training and do a true baseline yet but I think I’m getting there . 

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

41 minutes ago, StuM said:

I am hoping to learn that I can do max effort. 

acnQKZ.gif.2ed9580ba32476669114af52f6a1844e.gif We're all hoping you can do maximum effort. 

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

A few interesting things to share. I recently finished my 4th protocol, which was neural drive. My speeds generally went down:

IMG_4470.thumb.jpg.4e7520205e3f325b97b511aeb613b1cb.jpg

I did have to get a new radar device during this, so it could be the result of 2 different devices (although still the same system). Still, I was surprised. I took a week off to give my body a bit of rest before starting the next protocol. I'm doing full speed spectrum again. After this one, I might switch to the cruiser protocol for a bit, which is a creative protocol instead of the normal protocols. We'll see when I finish (probably June), and what I'm thinking then.  

Another thing is that I've switched from the swing speed radar. FlightScope recently updated their software and Mevo's firmware so that Mevo can be used as a swing speed device. I have a Mevo (not a Mevo+), so I decided to give it a try. I've used it for 2 sessions. I'm actually a little disappointed in it. First, it's a little annoying to set up at first - updating the firmware was a pain because the app kept crashing. I use a second iOS device (iPad) for the Mevo, and it wouldn't work well without the second device. The stack app hasn't been updated to reflect that the Mevo is available, so I don't know if that's causing any issues. Most importantly, I don't think the Mevo is all that accurate with the swings. Around maybe 20% of the time, I'm getting misreads or no readings. For a misread, I mean around 10 mph under what I would expect. That doesn't happen when using the Mevo with actual balls. Mevo does miss shots occasionally, but this is significantly more frequent than that. I'm going to keep using it and see how it changes. 

The easy answer is to get a Mevo+, I know, but the biggest issue with a Mevo+ is that it won't work with my indoor set up. I don't have enough room in my garage at the moment for enough ball flight.

-- Daniel