IGNORED

The Stack System - A Conversation on Gaining Swing Speed

iacas

9 hours ago, klineka said:

I do wish there was an iPad specific version since it doesn't fill up the whole screen but not a big deal there. I really liked how it automatically sent the data from the Mevo+ to the app, significantly easier than having to write each speed down in a notebook like I had been doing in a previous speed training program.

In the lower right corner of your screen, click the circle with the two arrows facing away from each other. This will expand the screen.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Bunkerblaster said:

In the lower right corner of your screen, click the circle with the two arrows facing away from each other. This will expand the screen.

Beautiful just opened the app and tried that, worked great. Thanks!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Couple of sessions into the Foundations program, Stack Speed up 5mph to 103 and eSpeed up 6 to 111. Liking it so far

I’m going to start with the Stack Monday. My swing got really really slow last season.

However I just saw some of my highest ever ball speed numbers with a 7 iron a couple days after my time on Gears with @iacas. Will take the cues he gave me into the stack sessions.

On 1/24/2023 at 9:10 AM, klineka said:

Couple of sessions into the Foundations program, Stack Speed up 5mph to 103 and eSpeed up 6 to 111. Liking it so far

1 MPH PR's on these today after session #6, Stack speed up 6mph overall to 104 and eSpeed up 7mph overall to 112.

Does anyone have experience with how closely those speeds correlate to their real driver speeds when hitting a ball?

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, klineka said:

1 MPH PR's on these today after session #6, Stack speed up 6mph overall to 104 and eSpeed up 7mph overall to 112.

Does anyone have experience with how closely those speeds correlate to their real driver speeds when hitting a ball?

Depends on a lot of things. Mostly whether you make the same kinds of swings.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mike Carroll from Fit for Golf has become a Stack System Ambassador.

Episode-28-7.png?fit=1000%2C600&ssl=1

I have become an official ambassador for The Stack System. I am very excited to work more closely with them to help improve golfers their swing speeds & lower their scores.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 2/2/2023 at 7:35 AM, klineka said:

I'd be interested in this as well. Inspired by DeChambeau and Kyle Berkshire youtube I've used my swingcaddie to do some speed training. I sit around 110mph with my game swing. When I was in a period of doing sessions regularly I got up to 124mph club head speed. Those were all dry swing sessions, like a stack session would be. My driver carry distance never changed on course.

I guess the obvious answer is what Erik said. Depends on whether you bring the same swing to the course. My question is whether folks who aren't pros or retired have the time to train the swing speed but also the presumably slow-ish process of transferring that speed to a game swing without blowing up your dispersion cone?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

1 minute ago, mdl said:

My question is whether folks who aren't pros or retired have the time to train the swing speed but also the presumably slow-ish process of transferring that speed to a game swing without blowing up your dispersion cone?

The training takes like 15-30 minutes like 3x a week. Pretty much everyone can make time for that. 

The way I've understood it is let's say your game swing is 95% of your max swing. So if your max swing is 100mph then your game speed is roughly 95mph. If you increase your max swing speed to lets say 110mph, then your game swing would naturally increase as well, to 104.5 if the ratio remained the same. 

I don't think you need to be a pro or retired in order to see an increase in game swing.

18 minutes ago, klineka said:

The training takes like 15-30 minutes like 3x a week. Pretty much everyone can make time for that. 

The way I've understood it is let's say your game swing is 95% of your max swing. So if your max swing is 100mph then your game speed is roughly 95mph. If you increase your max swing speed to lets say 110mph, then your game swing would naturally increase as well, to 104.5 if the ratio remained the same. 

I don't think you need to be a pro or retired in order to see an increase in game swing.

Yeah I'm not staking that position out or anything. And maybe doing it with variable weights and a full program is different and more transferable. Just in my experience working only with the driver I felt like I had to make some changes to my swing to jack up the speed. Nothing ridiculous. But def different enough that I didn't feel at all confident bringing that swing onto the course. The time investment I meant was spending time on the range learning how to get good dispersion with the tweaked, faster swing.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

On 2/2/2023 at 10:35 AM, klineka said:

1 MPH PR's on these today after session #6, Stack speed up 7mph overall to 104 and eSpeed up 7mph overall to 112.

Another session another PR

Stack speed up 10mph overall to 107 and eSpeed up 11mph overall to 116.

Distance potential right now is 326.

Enjoying the sessions so far and the Mevo+ has been great, no misreads or missed swings whatsoever through 7 sessions.

Edited by klineka
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hit balls outside at the range today with the Mevo+, eSpeed is pretty close to what my actual driver speed was. Over ~30 swings with my new driver (Rogue ST Max LS) I averaged 114mph and peaked at 119. It was about 45 degrees and I had a sweatshirt on too. I bet with another couple months of The Stack and some warmer weather 120+ clubhead will be possible. Not reading too much into the ball speeds, spin, and carry since I was hitting range balls and it was about 15-20 mph downwind, but I did have 4 balls that carried 295+ including one that carried 303.

They weren't full out 110% effort long drive style swings, but I wasn't holding too much back, was going after them pretty aggressively. 

31 minutes ago, markya68 said:

Has anyone used the SC200+ as well as the PRGR? I am interested in comparisons between the two when using the Stack. Any slower swing speed golfers used them?

anyone at all??

I have. 

Not sure what your question is. But the SC200 won't measure swing speed unless you hit a ball. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

56 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I have. 

Not sure what your question is. But the SC200 won't measure swing speed unless you hit a ball. 

It’s the plus model I’m asking about. The question is in the comment! 

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, markya68 said:

It’s the plus model I’m asking about. The question is in the comment! 

Chet jumped the gun a bit.

thumb-thumbSC200_400px_400x400.jpg

Portable Launch Monitor Swing Speed Mode NEW You can measure and practice swing speed without hitting the ball Loft Angle Selectable Voice Distance Output Barometric Pressure Calibration Carry Distance, Swing...
  • Swing Speed Mode NEW
    • You can measure and practice swing speed without hitting the ball

Anyway, no, I've not used it. I have a PRGR and a Mevo+ (and a Sports Sensor).

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Chet jumped the gun a bit.

thumb-thumbSC200_400px_400x400.jpg

Portable Launch Monitor Swing Speed Mode NEW You can measure and practice swing speed without hitting the ball Loft Angle Selectable Voice Distance Output Barometric Pressure...
  • Swing Speed Mode NEW
    • You can measure and practice swing speed without hitting the ball

Anyway, no, I've not used it. I have a PRGR and a Mevo+ (and a Sports Sensor).

I was told by Sasko that the SC200+ works best up to 105mph swing speed, and PRGR above. That’s probably what I’m most interested in as I’d hope that in the future with Stack I’d get my swing speed up to the 105mph range. Here in Europe the PRGR is about 120 dollars cheaper than the SC200+. I know I have to speak the speed into the app with PRGR. Just curious to opinions on both before I buy one. Should ask, does one work better with the Stack.