IGNORED

It's Going to Be One of Those Days

Esox

Temp 44, damp, cloudy, wind gusting into the upper 20's. Arthritis has the hands so bound up I couldn't even open up a Ziplock bag.  Arthritic spine is killing me. Tee time at 12:34. I'll do my best, but days like this are why I don't even try to track a handicap. I can shoot 78 one day and 108 the next....

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

56AE5176-227A-4DC3-8EFC-129F4086A521.thumb.jpeg.859e3d280ed619f06fb3495e9edaaff0.jpeg😊

You realize this is in the wrong thread!  😅.    The I hate winter is hidden for a few more weeks!   Very jealous

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We played 24 holes. Course was absolute slop, Lots of lost plugged balls. I was driving unusually well today too.

On 10/17/2021 at 5:56 AM, Esox said:

but days like this are why I don't even try to track a handicap. I can shoot 78 one day and 108 the next....

isn't that kind of the point of a handicap? track scores over last X rounds and determine how you are going to play on your best days, which if memory serves I think you are supposed to play to your handicap like one out of five rounds or something like that...

only matters of course if you are playing competitions, and regardless...good on you being out there. arthritis is no fun. 

Played with a guy Saturday apologizing for using a cart and I am sitting there thinking "you are 67 years old, not long off open heart surgery...I am just happy you are out here playing, thank you for being here"

Same for your situation...end of day, handicap or no doesn't matter, just love seeing people get out and enjoy time on the course

• Like 1

I can’t understand why people spend money to play in lousy weather on a sloppy course.  I’d save my money and play another day.

And then there’s people at my course that call when it’s pouring out to see if they can go out, yet on a beautiful Sunday the course is empty because the Patriots football game in on🙄

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.