IGNORED

Backup Driver?

Note: This thread is 886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys!

So I currebtly have 3 drivers and have to get rid of 1, but don't know which one to keep as my backup.

My main driver is currently a Titleist TS4 9.5° with Proforce V2 X-stiff shaft (original 2006 version), and the 2 on the on the chopping block are:

- Taylormade M2 (2016) 9.5° with Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff shaft

- Titleist 917D3 9.5° with UST Mamiya Helium Black 5F5 shaft

Which should I keep as my backup?

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16°-19°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled - 52°/8°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54°/8°, Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58°/8°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, ChrisPietersen said:

Which should I keep as my backup?

The one with which you score better. If same same, I’d sell the one for which you could get the most money.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I agree with @woodzie264. If the backups are both the same in performance, sell the one you’ll get more for. I just sold a 917D2 and have a TSi2 now. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I’m a fan of the M2… always be one of TM’s best heads.  BUT.

Doea the other Titleist driver’s hosel adapter fit the TS4 and vice versa??  If it does you can use the proforce in both heads etc…. 

7 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I’m a fan of the M2… always be one of TM’s best heads.  BUT.

Doea the other Titleist driver’s hosel adapter fit the TS4 and vice versa??  If it does you can use the proforce in both heads etc…. 

The 917 and TSi series use the same hosel.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Sell them both (if they both have value) that way when you buy a new driver you can make that TS4 your back-up. You know its going to happen sooner than later. If you like the Helium shaft keep it and just sell the head. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

12 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

Sell them both (if they both have value) that way when you buy a new driver you can make that TS4 your back-up. You know its going to happen sooner than later. If you like the Helium shaft keep it and just sell the head. 

Way to go @TourSpoon. That's the best answer. 

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!