IGNORED

LAB Golf Mezz

JPitts

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JPitts said:

Looks like LAB golf is going to be sticking around for quite some time. Lots of tour players using it now, and none of them are paid to play it. Pretty cool to see a small company doing so well in a really tough market to get into (as far as tour use goes). Wishing them all the best and am excited to see what they come out with next. 

I don't think anyone ever predicted that they'd go out of business. So… just more intellectually dishonest/gaslighting type comments? Okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't think anyone ever predicted that they'd go out of business. So… just more intellectually dishonest/gaslighting type comments? Okay.

Nope, no gaslighting or dishonesty at all in the post. It was nothing more than a post highlighting a small company having great success and pointing out that they appear to be here to stay. I do know that a couple years ago it was hit or miss if they were going to be sticking around. If the post caused you to doubt your own perceptions, experiences, or understanding of events, then that was strictly coincidental. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JPitts said:

Nope, no gaslighting or dishonesty at all in the post. It was nothing more than a post highlighting a small company having great success and pointing out that they appear to be here to stay. I do know that a couple years ago it was hit or miss if they were going to be sticking around. If the post caused you to doubt your own perceptions, experiences, or understanding of events, then that was strictly coincidental. 

Your post did no such thing, because as we've pointed out to you several times, your perception of what's said by others does not often align with reality.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, JPitts said:

It was nothing more than a post highlighting a small company having great success and pointing out that they appear to be here to stay

Nobody in this topic has stated otherwise.

4 hours ago, JPitts said:

I do know that a couple years ago it was hit or miss if they were going to be sticking around. 

Based on what facts? Do you have insight into their finances? Or at the very least a news article or something that supports your claim?

But again, nobody on here (that I've seen) has argued that they wouldn't be sticking around.

• Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

19 hours ago, klineka said:

But again, nobody on here (that I've seen) has argued that they wouldn't be sticking around.

We have though, especially me, indicated that it’s one of the ugliest putters we’ve ever seen. 😉

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

54 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

We have though, especially me, indicated that it’s one of the ugliest putters we’ve ever seen. 😉

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 1 month later...

Is the old thread talking about the marketing claims still around?  I tried to search but couldn't find it. 

I've been bombarded by instagram ads from these guys and my resolve is weakening, lol.

Edit: nevermind.  Found it under "Directed Force" and not "LAB"   

Edited by dsc123

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• Administrator
2 hours ago, dsc123 said:

Edit: nevermind.  Found it under "Directed Force" and not "LAB"   

Yep.

• 2 months later...

These ugly putters are getting wins on all major tours now. Being talked about by most online golf forums as well as printed golf publications. Only time will tell where this company will go, but the current trajectory is promising and I believe they have more wins on tour now than Edel putters and definitely more than Axis One. (Just trying to pick another small market putter to compare)

• Like 1

• Administrator

What’s your point?

You continue to peddle this BS that we've predicted the company would go away, when all we've ever really said is that the putter is kind of ugly to some people, and that the science on the original (topic linked to below) is bull. Yet you continue to make up this straw man and argue against it.

You started this very topic with a bullshit statement/strawman and have continued ever since.

On 8/16/2023 at 6:38 PM, iacas said:

You're still doing it. Here's the original topic, too, which gets into the BS around the torques in putting.

On 10/12/2023 at 5:57 PM, iacas said:
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've read through a lot of the responses concerning LAB putters and realize many of you on this forum discount the no Torque that LAB is famous for. I recently purchased a DF2.1 and like most people who first see it that say "no way I would use something looks like that". I was one of those until I started doing the research watching many videos of more people with more golf knowledge than me and all you saw was good comments about how easy it is to use. I've only been able to use for a couple of rounds before the cold set in but will say that those were 2 of my best putting rounds this year. 3-10 footers felt almost automatic as long as my read was correct. The more I read about this putter the more sense it made in that you don't have to worry about manipulating your stroke to keep it square, you just grip the putter lightly and let the putter keep the stroke square. The only thing to blame on a missed putt now is my read and speed. Give one a try I don't think you will be disappointed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB

Driver-TM Stealth+,3 wood-Tour Edge E722,5Wood-Callaway Rogue, Hybrids-Tour Edge EXS220 & Sub70-949X

Irons-Sub70 699V2, Wedges-Sub70-JB, Putter-LAB Directed Force, Ball-Maxfli Tour S

17 minutes ago, tschott said:

I've read through a lot of the responses concerning LAB putters and realize many of you on this forum discount the no Torque that LAB is famous for. I recently purchased a DF2.1 and like most people who first see it that say "no way I would use something looks like that". I was one of those until I started doing the research watching many videos of more people with more golf knowledge than me and all you saw was good comments about how easy it is to use. I've only been able to use for a couple of rounds before the cold set in but will say that those were 2 of my best putting rounds this year. 3-10 footers felt almost automatic as long as my read was correct. The more I read about this putter the more sense it made in that you don't have to worry about manipulating your stroke to keep it square, you just grip the putter lightly and let the putter keep the stroke square. The only thing to blame on a missed putt now is my read and speed. Give one a try I don't think you will be disappointed. 

@JPitts sending along reinforcements now?

You do not have to manipulate a stroke with other putters to keep them square either.-Glad you like it tho.

• Funny 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Glad you like your putter @tschott, but I don’t manipulate my stroke with my blade putter. It’s not necessary. The torque on a putter head moving slow is negligible. It’s basic physics. A firm grip can easily control it with any putter head.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, tschott said:

I've tried them a couple of times. "Meh". Personally, I don't have a problem with they way they look. I liked Star Wars, Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica growing up. Having a putter that looks like a space ship is totally fine with me. ... Now might be a good time to mention that I also like to play golf with an orange and yellow Srixon divide. ... So, there's that. 

I didn't have that eureka moment whenever I've tried them. Truthfully, I've always had a "Meh" moment. 

I will give them credit for trying to tell a different story. A lot of golf equipment sales seems to be trying to find a way to market some kind of technology. The technology needs to be innovative enough to tell a good story, it also has to be reasonably believable (Sorry, Hammer.) And it has to be presented in a way that makes golfers believe it will help them. I give LAB credit for coming up with some of those things. I also think they were the first ones I can remember who would do a lie angle fitting remotely using a photograph with a plumb line in the picture. So, I give them credit for that too. 

I'm glad you like your putter. For me, the technology always kind of left me underwhelmed, and testing a few out in person has left me underwhelmed. 

...  I do like that you can get one in blue... Because everything's better if you can get it in blue. 👍😁👍

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It’s basic physics. A firm grip can easily control it with any putter head.

Where by “firm” you mean “enough to not drop the putter mid-stroke.” 😀

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Because everything's better if you can get it in blue. 👍😁👍

Balls.

• Funny 4

13 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Glad you like your putter @tschott, but I don’t manipulate my stroke with my blade putter. It’s not necessary. The torque on a putter head moving slow is negligible. It’s basic physics. A firm grip can easily control it with any putter head.

Probably used the wrong word when I said manipulate. Always nice to hear other people's comments on topics. Hopefully once the greens speed up my feeling will be the same as I'm selling most of my putters. Merry Christmas everyone

• Thumbs Up 1

WITB

Driver-TM Stealth+,3 wood-Tour Edge E722,5Wood-Callaway Rogue, Hybrids-Tour Edge EXS220 & Sub70-949X

Irons-Sub70 699V2, Wedges-Sub70-JB, Putter-LAB Directed Force, Ball-Maxfli Tour S

I bought a Mezz max. I’ve played 3 rounds with it and putting has been a few stokes better each round from my previous putter. I didn’t get fitted but I’ve had a putter fitting before so I kinda know what fits my stroke. Not sure if it’s the press grip, weight or what but definitely like the putter. As for as keeping the putter square during the stroke, I think that’s more the user than the putter. 

• Thumbs Up 1