IGNORED

Other than Tiger, Who could win 2008 Masters?

under_par
Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Other than Tiger, who could win the 2008 Masters?

• Adam Scott
    • Michael Campbell
    • Stweart Cink
    • Luke Donald
    • Ernie Els
    • Jim Furyk
    • Sergio Garcia
    • Retief Goosen
    • J.B. Holmes
    • Zach Johnson
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Geoff Ogilvy
    • Justin Rose
    • Vijay Singh
    • Bubba Watson
    • Mike Weir
    • None: A Dark Horse

Other than Tiger who would you assume would be a strong candidate to win Augusta?

I like Adam Scott to win if he is over his fever. What do you think?

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

If not Tiger then its wide open.Any of the guys listed and some can play well enough to win.I like the look of the little Argie Romero (he hits it miles and is a good putter)as a live outsider but from the list I take,

DONALD TO BREAK HIS DUCK

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Justin Rose! he looks fitter than ever and is Europes number 1! Just as long as he putts well enough
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

Justin Rose! he looks fitter than ever and is Europes number 1! Just as long as he putts well enough

I'd like to see Justin Rose in contention as well. I hope that we'll see many from this poll jockeying for the lead come Sunday instead of someone like Woods running away with it.

Geoff has been playing extremely well recently. If he keeps it up, he'll definitely have a shot! He gets my vote for "Other than Tiger"

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Phill Micelson has no chance that is if he keeps putting like he was at the shell huston open

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Of those listed I chose Mickelson only because he has the short game and he has played well there of late. Ogilvy would be a close second -- his game seems to be on right now.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

i see somebody coming out of nowhere and winning their first major....not sure who though

hah, it'd be funny if poulter did it

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Come on.
There's no doubt denying that Geoff Ogilvy is the hottest player on tour (besides tiger)

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I picked none my two dark horses are Freddy "Boom Boom" Couples. I was watching the 2006 Masters highlights and the shell houston open this weekend, and he inspired me, he has the length if the putting and the back can handle the weekend I think he has a good chance. My next pick is another oldie Bernard Langer, he is by for the best player on the championship tour, he showed as that he still has that magic.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Alright, to my fellow Cink voter. Hello.

Augusta National is not the type of place where you can be spraying your driver left and right and have a descent shot of competing for the championship. Therefore, IMO, Ogilvy is out.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

dark horse, Boo Weekly. That guy is awesome. I have no reasons as to why he will win, but I am just a big fan of his.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

JB Holmes is really playing well..A guy that has a game built for Augusta I think is Boo Weekley...as evideced by the win he had in the tight Harbour Town golf course last year...He is known for the different sound he makes at impact from hitting it really solid so i could see him winning because he can play southern style courses well

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Tim Clark has played well there in the last few years. I would like to see him break through for his first win at a big tournament.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

JB Holmes. Freakishly long. Good enough putter. Knows what it takes to beat Tiger and is motivated to finish the deal this time around.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

I cant beleive that Padraig Harrington does not appear on your list of possible winners you have I assume heard of the Open well he won it and is a pretty good player .

Ogilvy...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!