IGNORED

New Guy New Golfer

Kaiju

New here and new to Golf. I use to play with my G'pa when I was a little kid, I enjoyed putting and driving the cart but I was too young for driving.

Fast forward about 35 years and I found myself at a driving range about a month ago. The local mini golf was closed and I was trying to find something fun for the kids to do so I took them to a driving range that was advertised about 300 yards away from the mini golf.

The kids and wife had fun but,... well I got lucky on my first swing and nailed the ball and sent it straight past the 200 yd sign and at that exact moment just loved it. The crack of the ball is intoxicating.

Since then I've bought 2 putters and 2 drivers and have been spending all my spare time either at the range or at home practicing putting. And reading and learning everything I can about the sport.

I guess it's addicting.

But it's been a lot of fun so far and I can't wait to learn more, practice more, and at some point actually buy a full set of clubs.

Cheers, thanks for having me here. I hope to learn a lot.

-K-
  • Like 1

Welcome to TST! Yeah, sounds like you got the bug alright. This is the best place to talk golf and learn plenty be it technical stuff or equipment or anything else. Cheers! 

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome.  Golf is a fascinating game.  It can be played, and enjoyed, by all ages.  The equipment is of little importance.  The swing is the thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

yeah I've been telling myself it's sort of like music. If you can play it doesn't matter if you're holding a $300 guitar or a $3,000 guitar; you can make music with it that sounds fine. 

7 hours ago, Kaiju said:

Since then I've bought 2 putters and 2 drivers and have been spending all my spare time either at the range or at home practicing putting. And reading and learning everything I can about the sport.

You should have learned more about the game before buying two putters and two drivers 😉

Joking, of course. Welcome to TST and this crazy game we all love.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

the drivers and putters that are free to use at the driving range are so horrifically beat to crap I just wanted my own. 

It's more inspiring to practice with a club that doesn't look like it was run over. 😄

Welcome to TST.   We're glad you've joined.   If you haven't already, here is a great place to start, The Covid-19 Practice Plan Challenge.

• Thumbs Up 2

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to TST and back to the sport that folks keep coming back to!

Nave