IGNORED

Putter: Aesthetics vs Utility

First off, I'm a Cobra golf fan. I have both a set of black Forge TEC irons and the copper RF Forged irons. The copper irons are my favorite clubs ever, even as a player not near scratch. And my LTDx LS driver is the longest, most consistent driver I've owned. 

But I can't get over the looks of these putters. I'd like to try one out sometime, but I'm just convinced based on the look alone that I would not care for them. 

Is that odd or do aesthetics play a large role for you? To me they look like prototypes that someone with some artistic ability needs to come along and create a finished product. 

1410389344_Image4-28-22at2_45PM.thumb.jpeg.454e229e03c97e9a310d3e4c96aae2cd.jpeg

I saw these on the Cobra website last week and was not impressed with the designs. If I can't get passed the looks, I would never consider playing one. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Hard pass.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I could aim it and liked the way it felt, I would play it. But I already own an ugly and expensive putter, so I'm not looking for another.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I don’t mind the looks, but all the geometric shapes and lines mess up my aim. 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Personally, I don’t like the looks of them.  What’s most important is can you look down at them and line up a putt?  Won’t know til you try, and decide in person how they look.

I am a weird guy when it comes to my design preferences in golf clubs. I prefer clubs with some architectural details, heck I actually don't mind the look of the VAS. That being said I don't the 2 mallets, and the other 2 so nothing for me. When it comes to putters, I'm pretty particular about alignment lines. I like longer lines that start at the face of the putter. The one that fits my eye is the stingray, and it doesn't really intrigue me. If the agera would have a line like the stingray, that would have intrigued me, because the middle bridge can act as extra help to my eye. The supernova alignment I could probably use but I don't like the shape of the wings themselves.

• D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck