IGNORED

Clicgear Accessories

What are your "Must Have" Clicgear Accessories?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Below is not an exhaustive list but I think I've hit most of what would be used while on the course. You can select multiple choices.

• Cooler Bag
    • Cooler Tube
    • Ball Clip
    • Cart Seat
    • Storage Net
    • Shoe Brush
    • Ranger Finder Bag
    • XL Cup Holder
    • Sand Bottle
    • Cigar Holder
    • Steering Knob
    • Umbrella Angle Adjuster
    • Phone Holder
    • GPS Holder
    • Watch Mount
    • Other - Please mention in a comment

(edited)

I got an email today advertising Clicgear Accessories on sale.  I am curious on thoughts on the other accessories.

For me I said XL Cup Holder & Cooler Tube.  I own the Umbrella Angle Adjust but have never used it so hard to call it a "Must Have".

I've considered the "Cooler Bag" since the "Cooler Tube" only holds 1 large Gatorade and in hot weather I can easily do 2 or even 3 on just 9 holes.  The Seat looks to be rather low to the ground and I'm not sure how much I would use it.

Any thoughts?

image.thumb.png.3cffd2043ca603862b1012ddc5310b93.png

Edited by StuM
Edited to add pole

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I checked off my essentials.

• Adjustable umbrella holder.
  • Cooler bag.
  • Seat.
  • Wheel cover.
  • XL cup holder.

I'm curios on the Seat.  It looks rather low to the ground.  Is it comfortable or simply better than nothing?

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, StuM said:

I'm curios on the Seat.  It looks rather low to the ground.  Is it comfortable or simply better than nothing?

It’s fine. It’s not a barstool but it’s a seat. I don’t always attach mine but my daughter loves hers. I use mine when I know I’m going to have waits.

• Informative 1

I don't have a clicgear, I have an MGI X5 motorized cart, but I think the function of accessories is similar among different brands.

I really like my seat attachment. My course didn't have a bunch of benches at teeing areas pre-covid, and even less now, so if there is ever a wait to tee off, I like to take a seat. I don't use it too much because my group usually has the first tee time of the day and we're not waiting, but I am glad it's there when I want it. The MGI one can be installed/removed quickly if you don't want to bring it out on every round. I imagine the clicgear is similar.

Wheel covers are nice to keep your car free of dirt and grass going to/from the course.

I use my umbrella holder more often in the sun then rain. Nice to have personal shade on sunny days. Probably my most used accessory.

I have a Rovic. Same premise for accessories. I use a 2.8 lbs bag. Didn’t need the full 4.0. The accessories are great. I added the mess bag and cooler tube. The cooler tube will hold 3 beers with ice. Perfect amount for a round of golf. Anything more and I may as well be at a bbq. I will be adding the xl cup holder. I don’t personally see any value in the adjustable umbrella holder. I am kind of done with using an umbrella. If it is going to rain i throw the bag on my back and hoof it. Too much wind usually accompanied by rain so umbrella is useless. 

I have the cleat brush that attaches to the leg, which is very useful for cleaning my shoe bottoms. The XL cup holder and cooler bag are good too. I may get some of the other stuff.

Just took a look at the Cart Seat.....I have another motivator to lose a few pounds to get under its weight limit! It is embarrassing to admit that but we all know the first step in fixing a problem is admitting the problem exists.

Is using an umbrella on a cart in the summer for shade worth the effort and hassle? Does it offer much in the way of shade? Or require constant adjustment?

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Hohjoe said:

Is using an umbrella on a cart in the summer for shade worth the effort and hassle? Does it offer much in the way of shade? Or require constant adjustment?

Watch a junior event (particularly with girls) in the summer and you’ll have your answers.

Yes, yes, no.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Hohjoe said:

Is using an umbrella on a cart in the summer for shade worth the effort and hassle? Does it offer much in the way of shade?

Absolutely - especially if you’re like me and hate putting on sunscreen and wearing a bucket hat. I use a 68” umbrella and it provides plenty of personal shade. The only time it is even a marginal hassle is if wind picks up, but that is rare where I live on the courses I play.

Do y'all have the Clicgear 3.5+? I tried to get one last summer but they were unobtainable. Got a Walker Trolley instead and I love it, but am still interested in the Clicgear as it is slightly more portable. 

3 hours ago, Chris Brooks said:

Do y'all have the Clicgear 3.5+? I tried to get one last summer but they were unobtainable. Got a Walker Trolley instead and I love it, but am still interested in the Clicgear as it is slightly more portable. 

I have a 3.5 and a 4. They both are nice. The 3.5 have the bungee ties which I frankly like better. The 4.0 fixed a couple of issues with the bag height over the front wheel, which isn’t really a problem with the 3.5 if its adjusted properly.

7 hours ago, Chris Brooks said:

I traded a Sun Mountain Speed Cart in on a 4.0. I wish I had kept the SM. It’s easier to fold , the bag sits better, and I think it’s a bit easier to push. I’m not too crazy about the rubber straps on the 4.0. I liked the bungees on the SM better. 

1 minute ago, Sandy Divot said:

I traded a Sun Mountain Speed Cart in on a 4.0. I wish I had kept the SM. It’s easier to fold , the bag sits better, and I think it’s a bit easier to push. I’m not too crazy about the rubber straps on the 4.0. I liked the bungees on the SM better. 

I never had the speed cart, but I have used a sun mountain cart before. I much prefer the Clicgear 4.0. I find it super easy to fold, and my stand bag and my cart bag fit perfectly fine. I actually prefer the rubber straps over the bungie cords that sun mountain uses. 

The biggest issue with the Sun Mountain cart for me was that after some time the legs to the wheels would not fold down properly anymore and they would stick up taking up more space in the car. I just felt the Sun Mountain cart was not as good as quality as the Clicgear. 

20 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Absolutely - especially if you’re like me and hate putting on sunscreen and wearing a bucket hat. I use a 68” umbrella and it provides plenty of personal shade. The only time it is even a marginal hassle is if wind picks up, but that is rare where I live on the courses I play.

The hat I don't mind. I wear a hat when I'm outdoors anyway.

I wear sunscreen, if and when I remember it.

I'll have to try an umbrella.

Thanks.

23 hours ago, iacas said:

Watch a junior event (particularly with girls) in the summer and you’ll have your answers.

Yes, yes, no.

Thanks.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

I’m with Chet on all counts here.

And the silicone are upgrades. The cords could fray.