IGNORED

Do you buy golf balls?

Note: This thread is 5835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you buy golf balls?

• Always
    • Never
    • Sometimes

I buy my balls. I like the feeling of using a brand-new ball. I will use balls that I find though.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchase the golf balls that I play more often than not. Most of the balls that I find at the course that I play are either Top Flights/Pinnacles or ProV1's.....None of which I like so I usually give them to someone if I find them.

I have a relative that works at a private country club, and they find and fill hundreds of milk crates all the time. And most of the golfers use top dollar golf balls seeing most are on the "richer" side, so finding brand new proV's is very common.

"Yep. Inside each and every one of us is one true authentic swing. Somethin' we was born with. Somethin' that's ours and ours alone. Somethin' that can't be taught to ya or learned. Somethin' that got to be remembered."

on a golf trip to the caribian i stocked up 100 mint prov1 xs from a poor caddy. i thought if i am going to buy golf balls why not help the less fortunate.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I have not bought a golf ball in over a year. I live near a private course, and whenever there is a really rainy day and I need balls I just head over for a walk in the woods and collect a couple hundred "one hit wonders". Mostly Pro-Vs, NXTs, or HX.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I love buying golf balls when I find them for good prices. I bought 7 dozen brand new Top Flite TL Tours for $13/dozen and I can't tell the difference between these and the Pro V1x. I also have a dozen new srixons, 2 dozen Pro V1x, a dozen One Platinums, and a dozen e5.

I probably won't need them all for this season but who knows.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I work @ a nice club, Members place nice balls.....I find, clean, and then also play nice balls. Pro V, HX tours, and my favs Bridgestone B330's.

I have not bought balls in.....a year or more.

Bag:
Driver: 325 (draw)
Irons: mp 32
Wedges: Black Ni
Putter: Teardrop...dominatorBall: nice ones.

i bought about 10 dozen of Titleist Gran Z balls at Golf Galaxy over a year ago! I'm pleased to say I still have 2/3 of those left.

That is a great ball if you are in between the Pro V1X and NXT tour. Plus, if you find them at Golf Galaxy they only sell for $1.50 each. That's cheaper than a box of Top Rocks or Dt Solos!

In the Staff bag:
D1
906F 15.5º
585H 19º
AP2 4-gw 56º & 60º Tiger Woods Newport Art of Putting 2.0 Pro Platinum

Just wondering how many of you guys out there buy your own golf balls, and how many just play the ones you find.

I never buy them from a store at full price. I get mine from a guy who collects logo balls. (He has people hunt for lost balls at courses, he collects the logos and catalogues them all in his computer, and then lines his wall with them. He then sells the rest of them for $10 a bucket, and there's ~25 dozen in each bucket.)

It's mostly crappy balls such as Top Flite, Pinnacle, and such. The good balls - Titleist, mostly - he sells for $2/dozen.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I buy cheap balls and use whatever I can find. I lose about 6+ balls per round, so cheap or found ranks high on my list.

Next time I need balls, I will buy some used AAA ones. I just think you get killed on shipping.

WITB
Rapture 10.5
looking for my V Steel...wish I hadn't sold it
a3os 7 wood
MX-19 4 - GW MP-R 54, 60Studio Stainless Newport Beach

I use new balls on the course most of the time but have a few dozen cheap and found balls for use in my pasture and chipping around the yard. Honestly, I can't tell much difference between any of them.

When I first started playing golf, my dad bought me enough golf balls to last a lifetime. I still have probably at least 10 dozen untouched balls to get through.

Since I am a bit better golfer, I usually don't play balls I find unless they are in perfect condition, and I usually try to play softer balls as opposed to hard balls that have no feel for me.

I also don't lose balls anymore, so on the occasion that I hit one into the drink or it bounces off the cart path & gets destroyed ... they usually last me quite a while.

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

it is rare that I find a ball good enough to use... but I do have two bags of balls I found last year sitting in the corner (shag balls). This year I bought 7 dozen at the begining of the year... NXT tours... at 7.99 a dozen or some such price. I will probably do something similar next year or when I run out... look for a ball I like that is on sale and just buy several dozen.

Thats me also, although I keep found balls and hit them away for practice when playing alone, then I don't feel like I have to go spend time getting them back unless they are on my path. You can hit quite a few extra shots and still keep up a good pace that way

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

i don't bother keeping any balls I find anymore; either I let them lie for the next guy or give it to someone else in my group.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• 2 weeks later...
My dad usually gets me some at the beginning of the season maybe like a dozen or two of solos. Then when I start to get better I'll buy a sleeve of NXT Tours or Prov1s. Also, if I find a good ball on the course such a prov1 in good shape I'll tend to use that as much as I can. For some reason I always play well with balls that I find.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I don't buy too many. Usually a dozen or two every year. I tend to get a couple dozen as gifts and my wife's uncle gets good golf balls from one of his customers. He is a barber and trades haircuts with the guy for two dozen good quality used balls. I used to get about 2-3 dozen ProV1's each year for free. Recently it has been more Nike or DT So/Lo's. Unfortunately the supplier just had bypass surgery so he won't be doing much ball hunting for a while and my wife's uncle is about to have heart valve replacement so he will be off work for about 2 months.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!