IGNORED

2022 Presidents Cup

jmanbooyaa

• Administrator
9 hours ago, NZ Golfer said:

Yes so you see L.KO record getting beaten soon by another young female player - 12x LPGA wins prior to their 19th birthday ? Personally I think its a pretty amazing record ...

I don't know, except I do know I didn't say that.

9 hours ago, NZ Golfer said:

Interested on you thoughts why it's easier for young females to play top level golf Vs mens ? in the PGA 

The LPGA Tour is a helluva lot shallower.

Virtually every level of the women's game is shallower than the men's.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Right cool so you don't know if having that many wins on the LPGA at such a young age is anything special and certainly can't be in the same league as the mens game as there is far more competition harder to achieve as you say...

Go Foxy Go

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, NZ Golfer said:

Right cool so you don't know if having that many wins on the LPGA at such a young age is anything special and certainly can't be in the same league as the mens game as there is far more competition harder to achieve as you say...

Are you trolling? Intentionally misreading or trying to put words into my mouth? What are you doing?

It was much easier for Lydia to accomplish what she did because the LPGA Tour was and is significantly weaker than the PGA Tour.

When did I say it was not "anything special"?

Let's recap the conversation:

• You said: "it took tiger till he was 23yrs old to get 11 PGA wins"
  • I said "As you know, I'm sure, the women's and men's games are quite different in that regard." This was on October 9, btw.
  • You threw out two straw men: 1) "so you see her record getting beaten" (probably not, no) and "personally I think it's a pretty amazing record" (as do I).
  • I said "I didn't say that" and "the women's game is shallower than the men's." This references my first comment, in which the men's and women's games are quite different.
  • You again replied by twisting words, despite the very clear words I used: "so you don't know if having that many wins on the LPGA at such a young age is anything special" - No, I had only said I don't know if anyone will ever beat that record.

So again… what are you doing? The facts as I see them:

• Lydia Ko's record is pretty amazing.
  • I don't know if it will be equaled.
  • It was easier for her to do it in the women's game than for anyone to do it in the men's game.

Also… Tiger didn't start playing PGA Tour events as early and as often as Lydia began playing LPGA Tour events.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

D93E3FD8-D152-429E-B50A-0EC3E7467DA2.gif.c322aea691a001258cdd501c0b8cced8.gif

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm not sure how we got down the Lydia Ko rabbit hole, but I'd like to pivot. 

I've always thought The Presidents Cup would be cooler if it was a 3 team event. The US vs Europe vs the rest of the world. 

I'm not sure how the format would work exactly but I would love to see team evens in which JT and Tony F took on Adam Scott and Hideki who took on Rory and Tommy Fleetwood. 

Again, I don't know how it would work, but the Presidents Cup has only been going on since 1994, so it's not like there's a million years of tradition. Plus, even the Ryder cup tweaked it's format to include the rest of Europe and not just the Great Britain in like 1979 or something like that. 

Just my two cents. 

3 teams > 2 teams

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

23 hours ago, iacas said:

It's kind of like the strength of field argument.  It is easier to dominate when the field is weak.

• Like 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, turtleback said:

It's kind of like the strength of field argument.  It is easier to dominate when the field is weak.

It's not kind of like it. It IS it. 😄

• Funny 1

On 11/18/2022 at 2:07 PM, iacas said:

Are you trolling? Intentionally misreading or trying to put words into my mouth? What are you doing?

It was much easier for Lydia to accomplish what she did because the LPGA Tour was and is significantly weaker than the PGA Tour.

When did I say it was not "anything special"?

Let's recap the conversation:

• You said: "it took tiger till he was 23yrs old to get 11 PGA wins"
  • I said "As you know, I'm sure, the women's and men's games are quite different in that regard." This was on October 9, btw.
  • You threw out two straw men: 1) "so you see her record getting beaten" (probably not, no) and "personally I think it's a pretty amazing record" (as do I).
  • I said "I didn't say that" and "the women's game is shallower than the men's." This references my first comment, in which the men's and women's games are quite different.
  • You again replied by twisting words, despite the very clear words I used: "so you don't know if having that many wins on the LPGA at such a young age is anything special" - No, I had only said I don't know if anyone will ever beat that record.

So again… what are you doing? The facts as I see them:

• Lydia Ko's record is pretty amazing.
  • I don't know if it will be equaled.
  • It was easier for her to do it in the women's game than for anyone to do it in the men's game.

Also… Tiger didn't start playing PGA Tour events as early and as often as Lydia began playing LPGA Tour events.

Yes I agree we need another thread on this topic ... 

Well I'm trying to get an idea how one can be classified and go down as a Great HUMAN golfer ..thats all nothing against you personally ...and as you put it the Womens game is shallower ..so because of this we can't rate side by side ???  in say the Greatest Golfer of all time... like say the list below greatest 25 golfers all time etc ...IMHO I think L.Ko could make this list in time 

tiger-woods-featured.jpg

Golf has had a vibrant history of professional athletes striving for greatness. But who ranks among the best? Here are 25 greatest golfers of all time.

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

• Administrator
3 hours ago, NZ Golfer said:

Well I'm trying to get an idea how one can be classified and go down as a Great HUMAN golfer ..thats all nothing against you personally ...and as you put it the Womens game is shallower ..so because of this we can't rate side by side ???  in say the Greatest Golfer of all time... like say the list below greatest 25 golfers all time etc ...IMHO I think L.Ko could make this list in time

Just start another topic. This has nothing to do with the 2022 Presidents Cup.

And you have to either adjust for the fact that she's a woman (in which case she probably isn't in the top 10 — heck, she's still two points shy of Hall of Fame admittance) or accept that she's nowhere near the top 50 "golfers" of all time when you don't adjust for gender.