IGNORED

Pat vs. Phil?

Bucki1968

6 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

According to the podcast, PP getting 10 million up front is BS. That was just put out there to entice other players to join LIV. I had never listened to that podcast before, but I think I will start listening to it more often. I'm not sure how reliable some of the sources are, but it sounds like they have some insight into the tour. The whole story about PP and the caddie was pretty funny/ridiculous. The comments made about Pat Perez's character are pretty funny. I'm not trying to "plug" the podcast but it's worth a listen. 

So during another workout this morning,  I listened to the next podcast re Phil retiring in a year and the succession plan rumors. Then somewhere in the podcast they reveal who the caddie is in the PP story. I won't spoil it for you, but it gives the story a new flavor.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

5 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

So during another workout this morning,  I listened to the next podcast re Phil retiring in a year and the succession plan rumors. Then somewhere in the podcast they reveal who the caddie is in the PP story. I won't spoil it for you, but it gives the story a new flavor.  

So I have to listen to the podcast to find out?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, turtleback said:

So I have to listen to the podcast to find out?

No, the caddie in the story is the co-host of the podcast. So when he says a reliable source, he is the source. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

5 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

No, the caddie in the story is the co-host of the podcast. So when he says a reliable source, he is the source. 

What does that have to do with you not naming the caddy "so you won't spoil it"?

Rich - in name only

3 hours ago, turtleback said:

What does that have to do with you not naming the caddy "so you won't spoil it"?

He didn't want to spoil it for me because I hadn't listened to that one yet. It's actually a good pod cast from the few that I have heard so far. Lots of good "inside" information about players and tours etc...

• Thumbs Up 2

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

1 hour ago, Bucki1968 said:

He didn't want to spoil it for me because I hadn't listened to that one yet. It's actually a good pod cast from the few that I have heard so far. Lots of good "inside" information about players and tours etc...

Really?  Knowing the name of the caddy would spoil the podcast for you?

Rich - in name only

5 hours ago, turtleback said:

I’m not sure explaining it would help you understand the comment at this point if you didn’t listen. 

Anyway, @Bucki1968 got the meaning and he understood. It was just a little surprising that the story was told in the 3rd person referring to a reliable source only for the reliable source to be the story teller himself as revealed on the next episode. 

How about Phil "retiring" after this season (or the next) and Patrick Cantlay taking over as the team captain? 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

51 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

How about Phil "retiring" after this season (or the next) and Patrick Cantlay taking over as the team captain? 

If that actually happens, then these guys will have proven themselves as a reliable source. 

I listened to the particular episodes of both said podcasts (SOB and PH) in the last couple of days.. The PH podcast does not mention the caddie's name unless I wasn't paying attention during the mention. It seems plenty clear whose caddie he was though.

PP is a hoot (not a compliment) and yeah, if half the stuff about his wife is true then she is even hooter. No one with half a brain cell would podcast this unless they were rock solid on the veracity of the info. They would be risking a defamation lawsuit. The PP interview is weird. He is a loose cannon. He makes one or two good points but comes across a bit dense in general. 

The whole thing is wild.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I listened to the particular episodes of both said podcasts (SOB and PH) in the last couple of days.. The PH podcast does not mention the caddie's name unless I wasn't paying attention during the mention. It seems plenty clear whose caddie he was though.

PP is a hoot (not a compliment) and yeah, if half the stuff about his wife is true then she is even hooter. No one with half a brain cell would podcast this unless they were rock solid on the veracity of the info. They would be risking a defamation lawsuit. The PP interview is weird. He is a loose cannon. He makes one or two good points but comes across a bit dense in general. 

The whole thing is wild.

This is right up there with my thoughts on this carnival. He just buries the gas pedal on the PP saga. It was so detailed when he first told the story in the Caddie Banned episode that you could assume he was really close to the story. 

If you go to the PM episode around 29:40 he refers to the Aussie boys who want to know why he hates PP so much. He says, "Cause I'm the F-ing caddie!" I literally found it in a few seconds because I was running at the time and just cracking up. The delivery was perfect.  

But yes, to sum it up its totally outrageous drama that just goes to the next level of WTF you can't make this up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

If you go to the PM episode around 29:40 he refers to the Aussie boys who want to know why he hates PP so much. He says, "Cause I'm the F-ing caddie!" I literally found it in a few seconds because I was running at the time and just cracking up. The delivery was perfect. 

Thanks.. will check it out.

Some mafia shit PP seems to have pulled on the poor fella. 

Vishal S.

On 12/8/2022 at 5:34 PM, turtleback said:

It's Bobby Brown.. There ya have it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

29 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Was that so hard?

• Funny 1

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Was that so hard?

Kinda.. lol. Had to do the legwork for ya. 😜

JK, he didn't want to spoil it for others so I was respecting it but I think enough time has passed so I didn't care/mind posting.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

19 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Wasn’t he Whitney Houston’s husband?

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

A singing caddie, eh?😄

He sings, then he tap dances, then he goes into a full Broadway revue. 

I am just wondering if he is just painting more of an X on his back. PP went way out of his way (according to BB) to hassle him at every tournament, even having police officers hassle him off course. If half of it is true, it's still a nightmare. 

And I only was trying to not spoil it for @GolfLug since he was actually listening. I still think when he said it ("Cause I'm the F-ing Caddie") an episode later, it was the highlight of the entire podcast. I don't really plan on listening to any of their other episodes unless the topic grabs me. 

Still, I thought I should feel a little guilty about participating in this gossip festival of soap opera drama, but it's more of a comedy fest of stories that goes down the rabbit hole. It certainly made those 2 morning workout sessions go a little quicker.