IGNORED

Bathroom Remodel and Other Winter Projects

nvkevin

In short, if your wife talks you into taking on this task, I know how you feel.  But, in all seriousness, it is that time of year where I tend to take on my backlog of indoor home improvement projects.  I've been putting this one off for a couple of years, but here I am.  With copious amounts of snow on the ground since mid-November, this seemed like a great time filler through the slow months.  I started last Thursday, and now have the tile for the shower/bath to complete, set the toilet, and install the new trim.  It has been a process for sure, but the wife and kids will be happy once it's finished.  I'll be happy once it's finished as well.

Anyone else tackling any home improvement projects in the off (or somewhat off depending on your location) season?

Edited by nvkevin

Callway GBB Epic, TaylorMade R7 3W, Wilson D9 Forged, Vokey 54* and 58*, Bettinardi flat stick

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did a ton when I retired and the pandemic hit. Coincidentally on the same day! Painted, fixed, remodeled in two houses. Just doing odds and ends now.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(edited)

Putting the finishing pieces in place. Here’s a shot of the shower I just finished the tile in. This is my kids’ bathroom. 
C6C978B1-E0EC-4C5B-AEA7-9B039EA8BB7B.thumb.jpeg.ff500d9ee04bf49c4a700004863dfb47.jpeg

Edited by nvkevin

Callway GBB Epic, TaylorMade R7 3W, Wilson D9 Forged, Vokey 54* and 58*, Bettinardi flat stick

Very nice. Getting my daughter's bathroom remodeled upstairs. Feeling a bit guilty that I am paying someone to do the walls and floor/shower tile but just don't have it in me to do it. I will just set the vanity and the toilet myself. That should ease my guilty conscience. Heh.

Vishal S.

37 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Very nice. Getting my daughter's bathroom remodeled upstairs. Feeling a bit guilty that I am paying someone to do the walls and floor/shower tile but just don't have it in me to do it. I will just set the vanity and the toilet myself. That should ease my guilty conscience. Heh.

Nah. It’s all about what you want/have the time to do. I grew up working for my grandpa’s carpentry business so I’ve done a lot of this work. Also, I am a professor at the local college and only teach two days a week so I have lots of free time for stuff like this. 

My son and I put in a cold air intake for his car and soon going to install a high flow VRSF  Downpipe. 🙂

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

15 hours ago, nvkevin said:

Nah. It’s all about what you want/have the time to do. I grew up working for my grandpa’s carpentry business so I’ve done a lot of this work. Also, I am a professor at the local college and only teach two days a week so I have lots of free time for stuff like this. 

Yah, we bought a fixer upper back 20 years ago (still live in it) and did all flooring, plumbing, electrical upgrades. Wife did all the painting. Now.. not so much. Last thing I did was add a roof vent few years ago. 

Maybe in a few years once kids are out of the house.

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

My son and I put in a cold air intake for his car and soon going to install a high flow VRSF  Downpipe. 🙂

On what?

Colin P.

4 minutes ago, colin007 said:

On what?

Obviously a Prius.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I have plenty of those type projects also. I just changed the ball joints on my town truck a couple weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Obviously a Prius.

Hey now.. 😂. Wife might wanna have a word with you for joking the beloved Prius.

On that note, do y'all agree that it is the most polarizing car on the road?

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

11 hours ago, colin007 said:

On what?

BMW 330i B46 engine.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Major clean up, multi-modal. I've been in my current house for just under 3 years. We just finished having almost the whole inside painted. I had old cabinets from a 2021 kitchen remodel that I put together in the basement and fashioned a top for them, creating a work bench type area. Other cabinets from the remodel were attached to various basement walls. Stuff we had been storing in the upstairs were moved down into this new space/workshop. It's endless....we keep discovering assorted weird, quirky things that previous owners did to this house, and one by one we are undoing them, upgrading, modernizing. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

48 minutes ago, Big Lex said:

Major clean up, multi-modal. I've been in my current house for just under 3 years. We just finished having almost the whole inside painted. I had old cabinets from a 2021 kitchen remodel that I put together in the basement and fashioned a top for them, creating a work bench type area. Other cabinets from the remodel were attached to various basement walls. Stuff we had been storing in the upstairs were moved down into this new space/workshop. It's endless....we keep discovering assorted weird, quirky things that previous owners did to this house, and one by one we are undoing them, upgrading, modernizing. 

I feel ya on the quirky way things were done. Our house was built in 1995, so really not that old, and I’m finding stuff in this bathroom remodel that definitely has me scratching my head and having to rethink my plan of attack. It’s going very well, but not without a few setbacks.  

6 hours ago, colin007 said:

Nice! The downpipe should help more than the CAI

Oh definitely. Next we’ll upgrade the charge pipe since BMW chose to use plastic for this. Then we’re gonna tune it and gain a nice jump in horsepower!

Normally my answer would be yes, but this year I’m sitting around watching my knee heal. The bad thing is that I have a halfway remodeled bathroom that I worked on feverishly up to the point of surgery, but 1000 cuss words along with 30+ trips to various home improvement stores had other plans. That project is waiting for me. 😒

- Shane