IGNORED

2024 Masters

iacas

10 minutes ago, Zeph said:

I know they don't with the way they pick the field today, but if they changed it, those players could be replaced by someone else without having to increase the field.

It's also because I don't care about watching old champions play the tournament.

They can be tiresome, but sometimes they surprise. Langer has been making the cut, but not this year because of his pickleball injury!😜

I also think weather is a factor they use limit the field size and also wear and tear on the course. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, Zeph said:

I know they don't with the way they pick the field today, but if they changed it, those players could be replaced by someone else without having to increase the field.

It's also because I don't care about watching old champions play the tournament.

Seriously?  They almost never show any shots of these guys beyond a token one or two?  How many actual shots of Sandy Lyle were you actually forced to watch?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I would just have someone else instead. How many reasons do I need?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

34 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Yeah, I get it, obviously Augusta leadership doesn't see it that way. They don't even see themselves as a PGA or heck, even a sporting event IMHO. More like a beacon of tradition that will hold steadfast on their promises of life time invites. They are not in a rush to kick out Gary Player anytime soon as cringing it is to watch his histrionics. I am glad they have become inclusive of women.

From my perspective, the Augusta membership has earned their right to be that way, being that they have this monster pedigree golf course. There's this charm in their stuffiness that no any other sporting event has been able to conjure up, much less uphold it for 90 years. Maybe Wimbledon. It's alright I guess, the tourney doesn't begin till Saturday when all these ceremonial dinos are reduced to non factors anyway.

I hope I get to attend one before I die.  

Vishal S.

Well, Tiger now has the record for Consecutive cuts made at the Masters. 

That's kinda cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Okay it took forever, but Bryson's birdie on 13 was impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

54 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Well, Tiger now has the record for Consecutive cuts made at the Masters. 

That's kinda cool. 

Yes. I'm surprised after how he seemed to be struggling early. Of course it  warmed up since early this morning so that probably helped him. I'm sure he will be sore tonight.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

• Administrator
1 minute ago, MSDOGS1976 said:

Yes. I'm surprised after how he seemed to be struggling early. Of course it  warmed up since early this morning so that probably helped him. I'm sure he will be sore tonight.

He's sore all day of every day, so yes, he'll be sore tonight. 😄 

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger played better than I feared, and his body has held up so far. Getting through Thursday and Friday at +1 in these conditions is a great accomplishment. His years of experience has surely helped navigate a windy Augusta.

It’s nice to see BDC finally playing well at Augusta. He’s a colorful player that I don’t mind having around.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

38 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Tiger played better than It’s nice to see BDC finally playing well at Augusta.

Is it tho....? 😬😬😬

I'm actually with you on not wanting to see the old timers there. I would put a 10-year limit on past champions, that way pretty much the oldest guy you're ever going to get there might be in his early to mid-50s. For those of you who ask what difference does it make, they're not taking a spot from anybody else, I just don't want to even know that they are there. I don't want to see their names on the leaderboard, even if it's all the way down next to a +27. I want them to stay home. Yes, I'm being an ass, but that's how I want it to be.

• Funny 1

Colin P.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

:groan:

You might be on to something here…

IMG_0534.jpeg

I’m actively saying “miss it” or “ hit it in the water” on every Dechamblow shot. Can’t stand the guy and his phony scientist schtick.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just turned on the TV. Damn.. cut at +6?? WTF happened? Wind? Greens?

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Is it tho....? 😬😬😬

Yes, I'm being an ass, but that's how I want it to be.

Bruh. Simmer..😂

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

19 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Just turned on the TV. Damn.. cut at +6?? WTF happened? Wind? Greens?

Wind wreaked havoc.

• Informative 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Wind wreaked havoc.

Greens seem to be rolling like US Open greens on Sunday. Can't baby them, can't firm them. I hate putting in general but I haaaaaaaaate being forced to play defensive survival putting. There is no joy. 

Vishal S.

The wind was some kind of bad this afternoon. Tiger at +1 looks pretty good at the half way point. Going to be a fun weekend. 

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Big C said:

You might be on to something here…

IMG_0534.jpeg

Can't tell if you're being serious… I'm going to lean toward "no." 😄 

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets