IGNORED

2024 Masters

iacas

• Administrator

A tradition like many, many, many others:

image.png

Good thing I could still go as a PGA member… ha ha.

• Funny 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got my annual rejection notice today.  Can you take a +1....🤣

• Funny 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• 8 months later...

Two weeks to go!

Old man Woods is on the list of players. I hope he gets at least two rounds of golf, or even better: four.

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Level of dedication: Sex addict going into celibacy.

As long as it doesn’t have the opposite effect and all he can think about is the old in-out.

• Funny 2

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

Look out folks, Tiger means business:

Tiger is "working really hard in the gym. He's eating right. He's even eliminated sex," says a friend of the 48-year-old golfer. "He's focused."

I'm anxiously waiting for the meme's to drop.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

2 minutes ago, snapfade said:

I'm anxiously waiting for the meme's to drop.

Welp, he is gonna layup on 13th and 15th, guaranteed. 🫤

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

Now that I think about it, he should be out there slinging it, not laying off. He should be doing what he was doing when he was in top form. Hit the local Perkins, hook up with a few waitresses, call Stevie back and so forth. 

• Funny 4

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

How sad and forced does this look?…. 

I’ve intentionally stayed away from LIV vs PGAT recently as I’m exhausted by it. I want the best playing the best. 

It’s all Greg vs Jay marketing. Terrible. I want the best to win. I don’t care if it’s a LIV, Euro, PGAT, or Am that wins. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

7 minutes ago, phillyk said:

How sad and forced does this look?…. 

I’ve intentionally stayed away from LIV vs PGAT recently as I’m exhausted by it. I want the best playing the best. 

It’s all Greg vs Jay marketing. Terrible. I want the best to win. I don’t care if it’s a LIV, Euro, PGAT, or Am that wins. 

Why are they all covering their nuts? It looks like someone standing behind the camera has a tennis ball cannon and is preparing to fire on them. 

• Funny 4

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Why are they all covering their nuts? It looks like someone standing behind the camera has a tennis ball cannon and is preparing to fire on them. 

High Powered tennis cannon. 😂

• Funny 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, phillyk said:

High Powered tennis cannon. 😂

Tennis ball cannon, but LOUDER.

• Funny 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I actually wonder if anybody from LIV is actually in good enough form that they can win the Masters.  Brooks showed us last year at the PGA that playing less rounds and tournaments isn't necessarily detrimental.  I really want Rory to win it and get his grand slam.  He is too talented to be stuck on 4 majors for almost a decade.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

2 hours ago, pganapathy said:

I actually wonder if anybody from LIV is actually in good enough form that they can win the Masters.  Brooks showed us last year at the PGA that playing less rounds and tournaments isn't necessarily detrimental.  I really want Rory to win it and get his grand slam.  He is too talented to be stuck on 4 majors for almost a decade.

I like the question. 

• I think there are a couple. Brooks Koepka, John Rahm are the two who come to mind. 
  • But I think Joaquin Niemann and/or Cameron Smith could possibly surprise us. 
  • Bryson Dechambeau has never faired well at Augusta, even when he was playing well elsewhere. So, I don't see it. 
  • Sergio Garcia - Stick a fork in him.
  • Tyrrell Hatton - I'd be shocked. 
  • Adrian Meronk - See also Tyrrell Hatton
  • Phil Mickelson - I keep hearing about how Phil finished second last year, which means he has a shot. To which I say BS. He finished 4 strokes back last year and he was 8 strokes back with 9 to play. It was as uninteresting a second place finish as has ever existed. 
  • Charl Schwartzel - Hasn't been interesting in a decade. 
  • Bubba Watson - See also Charl Schwartzel.
  • Dustin Johnson - DJ seems to have settled into that "I have a sh!t-ton of money, why work hard anymore?" mindset. I could be wrong, but it kind of feels like he fell off the planet. 
  • Patrick Reed - Speaking of falling off. 

So, in my humble opinion, which is worth almost exactly Jack Squat. Koepka, Rahm, Neimann or Smith are about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

4 hours ago, pganapathy said:

IMO some courses in the British open rota and Augusta, and way it is set up for the Masters lend themselves to experience in a disproportionately high weight compared to the US Open and PGA Champ where it is much harder to trump ball striking. Rahm/Koepka/DJ, even Mickelson can come back for the dead and I wouldn't be terribly surprised. 

Of course, some one like Scheffler can always throw up a sublime ball striking weekend with reasonably decent putting and short circuit their way to the top, but I suspect you already knew that. 

Vishal S.

I really hope it’s not a Scheffler blow out. I’d like to see a pack of the young guns go at it. I of course watch The Masters regardless, but would really bore it up if Scheffler or Clark have a big lead on Sunday.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Tennis ball cannon, but LOUDER.

This is the best thing I have read on the internet today.
Well done!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I don't care who wins as long as it is not Clark. I kind of hope a LIV guy wins to stir the pot some more. Give Chamblee something to blow off on. IMO it's Scotties to loose. Can't wait for the announcers talking like they are in church or in the presence of the Pope. Bring back Gary McCord.