IGNORED

How Much do You Exercise?

ChetlovesMer

Do You Get 150 Minutes of Moderate Exercise Each Week AND 2 Days of Muscle Building Exercise?   

22 members have voted

1. 1. How much exercise do you get (not counting time on the course)?

• I get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week and I get at least 2 days of muscle building exercise.
    • I get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week but I don't get at least 2 days of muscle building exercise.
    • I get at least 2 days of muscle building exercise but I don't get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week.
    • I rarely get the recommended amount of exercise.
    • I almost never get enough exercise.
  2. 2. How structured is your exercise?

• My exercise is very structured. I follow a workout plan.
    • Most of my workouts are structured, but if I end up doing something pretty physical, I'll count that as my workout and skip the scheduled workout.
    • All of my exercise comes from unstructured activities; Free time or leisure play.
    • I like to vary my exercise routines. I'll go structured for a while and then go unstructured.
    • I have to get super creative to get my workout in. I have to do wall-sits while waiting for my coffee to brew, or squats while I brush my teeth.
  3. 3. How's your exercise motivation?

• I workout regularly and rarely take anytime off.
    • I'm very streaky. I'll workout for a while and then take some time off, not too much time, because I need to get back into it.
    • I'm all over the place. Sometimes I work out for months straight. Sometimes I take a few months off.
    • I'll workout or exercise for a couple of days and then take extended time off. Then start again for a couple of days. Rinse and repeat.
    • I can't even find time or motivation to start exercising.

5 hours ago, Elmer said:

I lift my kettlebells nearly everyday. I have a couple complex routines. I find just 15 minutes and my heart rates is elevated 

I’ve recently started KBs too and really enjoy it. I have one day of armour building complex and one day of a mobility routine. Adding in a speed training day too. 

which routines do you do @Elmer

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/18/2024 at 4:11 PM, 4zim said:

I’ve recently started KBs too and really enjoy it. I have one day of armour building complex and one day of a mobility routine. Adding in a speed training day too. 

which routines do you do @Elmer

Most the stuff I found on Instagram and just copy and mix it up.

a few of my favorites:

Clean>Squat>Press> March

Around the body >catch >Squat> press

I also hold a the kettle bell upside down with both hands on the handle. Squat when I stand back up I lift the kettlebell up over and behind my head and hold then repeat

• Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I was laid off two months ago. Good severance, a 90 day layoff announcement regulation the company wanted to avoid so technically I'm still on the payroll for a few weeks, and a bunch of banked PTO, so I'm in a great spot and working on a startup idea I've been batting around with my brother for a while.

That means I've got time to get to the gym! I'm at like 60-75 minutes 5x a week of strength training, and either a run or a bunch of time playing soccer or tennis with my daughter on the weekends. Stronger than I've been in forever. Up ~5 pounds of (noticeable!) muscle!

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I am on a treadmill for 45-60 minutes every day at just under a 4 MPH pace. I have to, as I have a condition that requires improving my blood flow into my legs. My weight work is with light weights and body weight exercises for about 20 minutes. At 71, that is more than enough. I think I am pretty fit. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Bill M