IGNORED

Shotscope V5 Watch

(edited)
On 4/7/2024 at 2:35 AM, pganapathy said:

I use my Apple phone and Apple watch with free golf apps.  I don't particularly look for stats from it, but my understanding is you can get all the needed data for free.  Shots taken, whether you missed left or right, bunker, penalty strokes, putts etc.  Am not sure how a dedicated golf watch is any better than that.  Admittedly I don't know whether these apps offer strokes gained as a data metric

The shot tracking is much better on Shotscope then any free app I've seen.  It easily knows what club you've hit and has reliable GPS distances.   I know there are free apps that you can enter what club you are hitting and it will do similar but the tags on the clubs for Shotscope make it supper easy and no need to access your phone on every shot.  For me not having to access my phone on every shot is a huge advantage.

p.s.: I use the H4.  The $129 for the watch is a great deal but I'll just stick with the H4.  Between my league, The Stack, Evolver Lessons & 3 Golf Trips this year I've pretty much blown my golf budget.

Edited by StuM
added the P.S. portion

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

48 minutes ago, StuM said:

The shot tracking is much better on Shotscope then any free app I've seen.  It easily knows what club you've hit and has reliable GPS distances.   I know there are free apps that you can enter what club you are hitting and it will do similar but the tags on the clubs for Shotscope make it supper easy and no need to access your phone on every shot.  For me not having to access my phone on every shot is a huge advantage.

p.s.: I use the H4.  The $129 for the watch is a great deal but I'll just stick with the H4.  Between my league, The Stack, Evolver Lessons & 3 Golf Trips this year I've pretty much blown my golf budget.

Hang around here long enough and it is easy to do. Snell, Shot Scope, Pure Grips(RIP), LOL

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

12 hours ago, StuM said:

make it supper easy and no need to access your phone on every shot.  For me not having to access my phone on every shot is a huge advantage.

Well, to be fair, if you have an iPhone and Apple watch connected via bluetooth, you can do everything from your watch though I suppose the screen is somewhat smaller than the Shotscope/Garmin devices

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

My V5 watch arrived today.

First impressions right out of the box, it's much lighter than I expected and the strap is wider than I expected. I do like how many holes there are in the strap for the clasp, everyone should be able to find a size that works for them. 

I think it's a huge miss that they use some proprietary charger instead of USB-C like every other device. Now I'll have to remember to bring that charging cable too when I travel. 

The tags are slightly thicker than I expected but whatever, not a big deal there.  

20240411_134734.jpg20240411_134803.jpg

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

• Administrator

Can you send pictures of the charger? I think it's a little three-contact-point thing? If so, there are reasons for it, but yes, it can still be… to need another charger. I feel similarly about the H4 charger.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mine arrived today. I'll have it on the course tomorrow. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Can you send pictures of the charger? I think it's a little three-contact-point thing? If so, there are reasons for it, but yes, it can still be… to need another charger. I feel similarly about the H4 charger.

Yeah it's the three contact thing and the charger end slides in about 1/4"

image.png

10 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Mine arrived today. I'll have it on the course tomorrow. 

Jealous! I most likely won't be able to get out until next weekend

• Administrator

Same as the X5 or whatever their previous watch was, yeah. It could be waterproofing, it could be a size/depth thing… it could just be licensing fees or something, perhaps?

But, yes. I agree in general.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ordered today. I am excited to start keeping up with my stats. I've never really done that in the past.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

(edited)

Used the V5 tonight while walking 9 holes. Worked fine, connected to GPS quick, was a bit surprised though that it only had 2 out of the 6 tee boxes at my course available for selection when I started the round. I tried every button and even backing out and starting over but it only gave me two options. I wasn't expecting it to have the combo tees that I usually play from since it's a mixture of two sets, but was surprised at only 2 out of 6 tee boxes. I will be emailing them tonight about that.

The bigger issue though is that it doesn't appear to be properly syncing to the app now after the round. 

I can see in the "history" on the watch that the round exists, shows me the number of steps I took along with how long the round took. When I open the app and the watch connects it recognizes that there is a round to upload, I click sync, it starts syncing, appears like it goes all the way to 100%, then where it had the syncing status bar it switches to "device connected" but no rounds appear below that within the app.

I've tried restarting both my phone and watch a couple times and nothing.

image.png

It goes all the way through to what looks like 100% then flashes here for a second

image.png

Then appears like it's uploaded

image.png

Then just goes to Device Connected

image.png

Even swiping down to refresh doesn't change anything and it doesn't detect anything as being uploaded on the web version either.

Has anyone else had this issue before? Not off to a great start unfortunately. 

Edit - At the suggestion of @iacas I tried uploading the round via the iPad app rather than my phone and it worked successfully first time there, not sure what the issue is with my phone, I'll give it another try when I play again this weekend and see if it's just a one time bug or a pattern. 

Edited by klineka

Did you guys get an email confirmation of your order? I was expecting that fairly quickly after the order. I have not received one. I see the charge though. Just checking

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

2 minutes ago, TN94z said:

Did you guys get an email confirmation of your order? I was expecting that fairly quickly after the order. I have not received one. I see the charge though. Just checking

Yeah I got an order confirmation email and then an order receipt email, and then one when it shipped. No tracking information though which I found a bit unusual.

52 minutes ago, TN94z said:

No tracking number, just a notice it shipped. 

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Has anyone else had this issue before? Not off to a great start unfortunately.

This happened to me once and I lost the round entirely IIRC. I don’t have another way to upload rounds.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

This happened to me once and I lost the round entirely IIRC. I don’t have another way to upload rounds.

I'm hoping it's just a one time glitch. If it happens again after my next round then I'll email Shot Scope and see what they say. 

Once it did go through on the iPad, the whole editing and sign off piece on the computer was seamless and the dashboards provide significantly more detail than what I've had previously. I had a decent amount of strokes gained stuff through the MyRoundPro app from Taylormade I used before, but this takes the strokes gained to another level. Looking forward to getting more rounds in there. 

I joined the TST leaderboard as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, klineka said:

I'm hoping it's just a one time glitch.

It’s only happened once to me.

3 minutes ago, klineka said:

Once it did go through on the iPad, the whole editing and sign off piece on the computer was seamless and the dashboards provide significantly more detail than what I've had previously.

I really like it. It’s a lot more useful than GameGolf ever was and they’ve updated/added things over time.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, billchao said:

It’s only happened once to me.

I really like it. It’s a lot more useful than GameGolf ever was and they’ve updated/added things over time.

The MyStrategy stuff is really, really good.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

The MyStrategy stuff is really, really good.

I legit forgot that exists.

I got some homework to do this week.

Bill

My Swing Thread