IGNORED

Where to Put Walkers in Tee Sheet

Themightyoz

If you followed my posts at all you know that I run tournaments. One of the things I'm wondering today that maybe the Gulf hivemine can help me with is where do you slot walkers into your T-sheet

I have seven seven groups and of those seven groups the first four groups are playing a net tournament the last three groups are playing scramble. I have four walkers in the net division. 

Would it be better to send them out first followed by all the riders for that division or should they be at the end and then they'll have the scramble riders coming up behind them 

Thoughts?

WITB

Cobra  Wishon 911 D FMAX 10.5 ,EQ-NX 4W, 7W, 4H/6H, 7-LW

Biomech Acculock Ace Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Where to Put Walkers in Tee Sheet
  • Administrator

Are they always forced to play together? Why can't they be mixed in with the cart riders? Even as two and two, so you aren't sending out too many single carts?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

Yeah that's definitely an option I hadn't really thought of that.  But you're right if you did split it that would kind of balance out the carts a bit more. I have full groups so I don't have that problem this time I do but that's just something to think about for next time. If I recall correctly I think this instance I had a threesome that wanted to play together that were all walking so I added the last walker to their group but if we had walkers that didn't want to play together and they were more just kind of on their own that would work perfectly. Thanks for the idea.

Edited by Themightyoz

WITB

Cobra  Wishon 911 D FMAX 10.5 ,EQ-NX 4W, 7W, 4H/6H, 7-LW

Biomech Acculock Ace Putter

6 hours ago, Themightyoz said:

Yeah that's definitely an option I hadn't really thought of that.  But you're right if you did split it that would kind of balance out the carts a bit more. I have full groups so I don't have that problem this time I do but that's just something to think about for next time. If I recall correctly I think this instance I had a threesome that wanted to play together that were all walking so I added the last walker to their group but if we had walkers that didn't want to play together and they were more just kind of on their own that would work perfectly. Thanks for the idea.

When I think “tournament”, I think “competitive” and would think twice about taking requests for people playing together. Is everything being putted out and are they protecting the field? Plus it is good for people to get to know others.

I think the scramble groups should go first, in my experience when I scramble we play faster compared to playing our own ball. Typically less putts overall, only one putt to read, fewer (if any) penalty drops/rule situations, etc. 

I don't think it matters where you put the walkers since walking/riding is not the primary determinant of how fast/slow a group plays. You can have walkers that play much faster than carts and carts that play much faster than walkers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

• Administrator
8 hours ago, klineka said:

I think the scramble groups should go first, in my experience when I scramble we play faster compared to playing our own ball. Typically less putts overall, only one putt to read, fewer (if any) penalty drops/rule situations, etc. 

I don't think it matters where you put the walkers since walking/riding is not the primary determinant of how fast/slow a group plays. You can have walkers that play much faster than carts and carts that play much faster than walkers. 

Oh man, many of the charity scrambles I'm in are S-L-O-W as shit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, klineka said:

My experience is the opposite, scrambles always take more time at my home course.  There's players wandering all over to collect the "other" balls, then they all analyze the shot to come, analyze the results of each effort, and then start the process all over.   Its even worse on the greens, 4 players reading each and every putt, then discussing the various opinions.  Beyond that, there's no way to play "ready golf".  I'd put the scramble players last.

I do agree with the second paragraph, I know fast players who walk, and slow players who ride.  I don't see a problem with mixing walkers and riders in the same group.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

10 hours ago, klineka said:

I think the scramble groups should go first, in my experience when I scramble we play faster compared to playing our own ball.

Yea I think you’re in the minority, here. I’ve never played a scramble round under 5 hours.

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I should clarify regarding my scramble comments it's absolutely not the case when scrambling in an outing or event, my comment was moreso when it's just my usual foursome and we decide to scramble instead of playing our own balls for whatever reason. (Typically if we're on a trip or something and we play 36 in a day we usually scramble one of the 18s)

We are normally pretty quick to begin with though, if we don't get stuck behind anyone we regularly play in 3:30 when playing our own balls even with 1-2 guys shooting 90-100+

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X