IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau Breaking 50 With DT

turtleback

Likely to end up being the most-watched YouTube golf match of all time. Yes, the putting stroke of DT has a strange follow thru, but he did make his fair share of putts with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trump's had that putting stroke for many years. I remember him commenting on it on an episode of Trump's Fabulous World of Golf, which ran on Golf Channel from 2010-11. IIRC, he says (I'm paraphrasing) "I believe great putters are born, not taught" or something like that. He admits his stroke is weird, but confidently says putting is the best part of his game and he believes he is a great putter. He concludes the segment with "just don't ask me to chip."

This lesson was filmed back in 2010, and I believe this was a segment on Fabulous World of Golf too. His stroke was a bit weird back then just like now, but his bizarre follow-thru appears to be more pronounced now. Again, he repeats his thoughts on his putting strengths and chipping woes.

Just adding some context and background to the state of his game and how it has changed over the years. 

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/24/2024 at 3:31 PM, saevel25 said:

Yea, I am not watching that video. Knocks Bryson down a few in my opinion of him. 

It's strictly golf, no politics. It was entertaining to watch, I was thoroughly impressed with how well they both played.

• Thumbs Up 1

Novice golfer seeking to learn and improve.

2 hours ago, retoid said:

It's strictly golf, no politics. It was entertaining to watch, I was thoroughly impressed with how well they both played.

Maybe his opinion is based on purely apolitical observations?

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

50 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Maybe his opinion is based on purely apolitical observations?

Fair enough :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Novice golfer seeking to learn and improve.

(edited)
11 hours ago, klineka said:

Which golf courses did he build that are considered "amazing" ?

Well Trump International (golf links in Aberdeenshire)is an incredible golf course. 

Edited by Beastie

Stevie T

• Administrator
On 7/26/2024 at 9:21 PM, Beastie said:

Well Trump International is an incredible golf course. 

It does appear on page 7 down in 66th here, but… that's about it. Behind 65 others.

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 7/26/2024 at 9:26 PM, iacas said:

It does appear on page 7 down in 66th here, but… that's about it. Behind 65 others.

You missed the edit…. Although naming many of your courses the same does make things confusing.  I think there’s a few a trump Internationals ( including a hotel) it also says something when you name them all after yourself …

Top 100 Golf Courses your guide to the worlds great golf courses Rankings, ratings and reviews

Stevie T

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Beastie said:

You missed the edit….

And you missed that I linked to that very same one… down in 66th.

That's below the tier I'd label "incredible."

• Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
16 minutes ago, iacas said:

I’ve played quite a few courses ranked higher in that list and Trump Links is IMO better than many of them. 
How high does a course have to get to receive a ranking of incredible or amazing? Top 5 in the world?? Top 2 ? 

I’ve just had a read through the list and I’ve played 10 of the top 65 - 8 in Scotland , 1 in England and 1 in Australia. I didn’t realise how lucky I was playing junior golf in Scotland. 

Edited by Beastie
Update

Stevie T

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Beastie said:

I’ve played quite a few courses ranked higher in that list and Trump Links is IMO better than many of them.

Okay.

Not really the topic here, and they weren't playing that course, either.

I have to admit that I was pretty impressed with the golf being played by BD and DT. While I thought that DT's putting stroke makes Will Z look like Ben C, he actually putted decently.  I do think that as a 78 year old, he's got a solid game that he backed up on camera. Bryson was smart by making this a charity event for the Wounded Warrior project and keeping it strictly about golf. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

On 7/26/2024 at 1:32 PM, Ty_Webb said:

I think there was one year probably 25ish years ago that Turnberry was rated no. 1 in the British Isles by one of the British golf magazines, but it was a one off and I don't think you'd find many that agreed with it. I did really enjoy it the one time I played it, but I don't think it's the best in Scotland, let alone the world.

I remember when that was rated number 1. It was actually a few years in a row. I lived near Amsterdam at the time so I was a subscriber to the British version of "Golf" magazine. I didn't get to play it back then but I did see it. And I will say it was amazing. 

On 7/24/2024 at 6:08 PM, turtleback said:

Whatever your political leanings, it's apparent that Trump is a pretty decent golfer.

Thanks for posting this. 
I didn't see it before this morning. I haven't been on line much in the last half year or so, other than what's required for my job. 
It's pretty entertaining. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 7/26/2024 at 9:26 PM, iacas said:

Dude, Are you saying that only courses in the Golf Magazine's top 65 can be called "Amazing"? 

On 7/26/2024 at 9:43 PM, iacas said:

Sorry, got my answer right here.

Wow, you are tough on golf courses. There are lots of golf courses I'd call "amazing" or "incredible" that don't sniff Golf Magazine's top 100. 

In much the same way there are instructors out there that I'd call "amazing" or "incredible" that aren't in Golf Digest's top-100 instructors. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Wow, you are tough on golf courses. There are lots of golf courses I'd call "amazing" or "incredible" that don't sniff Golf Magazine's top 100. 

In much the same way there are instructors out there that I'd call "amazing" or "incredible" that aren't in Golf Digest's top-100 instructors.

Raters have to have been to and played a golf course, not true of instructors. Completely different kinds of lists, and my "incredible" tier is over well before you get into the 60s.

The original quote was

On 7/25/2024 at 6:41 PM, Beastie said:

and what he does do really well is build amazing golf courses.

The only golf course that has been provided as a example wasn't even one that he built, he bought it. 

@Beastie used golf courses as in plural but has only talked about Turnberry. I'm still waiting to hear the multiple courses that he built (aka designed, created from scratch, not bought, etc) that are considered "amazing"

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Dude, Are you saying that only courses in the Golf Magazine's top 65 can be called "Amazing"? 

Amazing is obviously subjective and also relative to the quantity and quality of the courses each individual person has played. Someone who has played half of the courses on the top 100 is going to have a different opinion of what an amazing golf course is compared to someone who has only been playing for a few years and has played mostly public tracks around them plus one or two private courses. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

• Administrator

Getting a bit off topic here.

But, @ChetlovesMer, I rate courses 1-5 on my "Golf Courses I've Played" spreadsheet. I have 13 fives (of the 230 I can remember having played — I didn't start this list until a few years ago so I'm missing many I played as a kid). Turnberry is a 4.

Let's steer back into the topic, not the stupid stuff one or both of the main subjects of the video often say.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Getting a bit off topic here.

But, @ChetlovesMer, I rate courses 1-5 on my "Golf Courses I've Played" spreadsheet. I have 13 fives (of the 230 I can remember having played — I didn't start this list until a few years ago so I'm missing many I played as a kid). Turnberry is a 4.

Let's steer back into the topic, not the stupid stuff one or both of the main subjects of the video often say.

Can you start a thread about your 1 to 5 spreadsheet. I'd be really interested in it.

Back on topic. Bryson is a weird dude. But, I enjoyed this video and overall I usually like the guy. He has done a few things I can't make any excuses for. The ones that come to mind are berating the camera guy, breaking down and crying on the range pre-round, the 2 minute 40 second putt, the 10 minutes it took him to hit the shot by the tree root. Those were not his best moments. ... Although the tree root shot turned out amazing.

I've done things in my life that if they were televised I'd be embarrassed by as well, so I try to give folks a pass whenever I can. Overall, I usually like him and find myself thinking that he's good for golf. 

Personally, I'd love to play golf with President Trump. I'd also love to play with President Obama. I don't think Joe plays, but if he did, I'd jump at a chance to play with him as well. 

Man, that would be a wicked fun foursome, Me, Trump, Obama, and Biden.