IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau Breaking 50 With DT

turtleback

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Can you start a thread about your 1 to 5 spreadsheet. I'd be really interested in it.

Can I? Yes. Will I? No. It's just my list of golf courses played. Left column is a rating, second is the name, third is the location. I don't even write the date I last played it.

Biden plays. It was a topic in the freaking debate. But we're not getting into politics here, outside of what's basically in this video.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Can I? Yes. Will I? No. It's just my list of golf courses played. Left column is a rating, second is the name, third is the location. I don't even write the date I last played it.

Biden plays. It was a topic in the freaking debate. But we're not getting into politics here, outside of what's basically in this video.

Ah, boo. I thought it would be interesting to see what courses you've played and which ones you liked/disliked. 

Sorry, I didn't watch the debate. 

So, that would be cool then to play with Biden, Obama, Trump, maybe the course would let me go out on a sixsome with Bush and Clinton as well. I'd invite Carter, but he's been in Hospice for a while and I don't think he'd be able to. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

15 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Back on topic. Bryson is a weird dude.

I think he just wants to be liked a lot and wants to have lots of fun. He's kind of a big kid really. He is extremely driven but doesn't come off as that typical a-hole some greats in other sports can come off as. Not saying he's great like them, but he is on his way. It seems the GOATS in all sports tended to have this similar personality. At least when it comes to the media or their persona on the field/court/course. I would say he is atypical. 

18 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Personally, I'd love to play golf with President Trump. 

I would not. I am 100% sure his personality would make me want to leave the golf course. I do not like when people use that hyperbolic way of overexaggerating how great something is. It is very annoying. I 100% hate when people are condescending to other people to make themselves look better, either personally or for financial gain. I had an experience with a car window tint/PPF/ceramic coatings owner, where the guy was like, there are some good people down near Akron, but the other businesses around me are not good. He started off by saying, "I do not like to speak bad about other companies." In my head, I am like, yep not going with you. 

Also, the reports of certain things he has done or said, hits to close to home with me. That is 100% not political, because if he was just his TV personality (WWE or his reality TV show), I would still think this way. It is 100% not a political stance or view. 

Yea, if I was at a resort or golf course, and they said, "I am paring you up with Trump." I would give up my tee time to someone else. If they couldn't, I would just leave and not play. I rather lose hundreds of dollars in green fees than be in the presence of that man for 4-5 hours on a golf course. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I think he just wants to be liked a lot and wants to have lots of fun. He's kind of a big kid really. He is extremely driven but doesn't come off as that typical a-hole some greats in other sports can come off as. Not saying he's great like them, but he is on his way. It seems the GOATS in all sports tended to have this similar personality. At least when it comes to the media or their persona on the field/court/course. I would say he is atypical. 

I agree. I really like his videos for the most part. He really does go out of his way to help. It was an interesting contrast watching Grant Horvat play a round with Phil Mickelson and then separately with Bryson. Phil was giving him all sorts of chat. On the first hole saying that the lie he had was going to come out dead and he didn't want to be short. Grant was concerned about getting a flier and Phil said that wasn't going to be a problem. Grant hit it way over the green into a hazard and Phil laughed - it was kind of funny, but such a contrast to Bryson. When he played with Bryson, Bryson was sharing all sorts of hints and tips and explaining his way of thinking on the golf course. Phil was just trying to get into Grant's head (and succeeding). 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/25/2024 at 9:38 AM, elementz said:

Entertaining watch with President Trump.....I enjoy the breaking 50 series.

"former President...."

Both these dudes are weird! I had a hard time watching!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

think he just wants to be liked a lot and wants to have lots of fun. He's kind of a big kid really. He is extremely driven but doesn't come off as that typical a-hole

For a small part. But that shameless mess regarding the hat and Payne Stewart, why he went to SMU wasn’t too flattering. And of course his LIV move just isn’t a good thing no matter how  he wants to spin it. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I think he just wants to be liked a lot and wants to have lots of fun. He's kind of a big kid really. He is extremely driven but doesn't come off as that typical a-hole some greats in other sports can come off as. Not saying he's great like them, but he is on his way.

I think the same way and that since he joined LIV he wanted to control more of what the audience sees by getting out in front of his image problem he had on the PGA Tour. Either that and/or he has a great publicist because he has changed people's opinion on him through his content. 

Everyone can think what they want about Bryson, but the YouTube subscribers certainly had their vote count when he picked up about 250K in a few days. He must be doing something right. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

(edited)
3 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

I agree. I really like his videos for the most part. He really does go out of his way to help. It was an interesting contrast watching Grant Horvat play a round with Phil Mickelson and then separately with Bryson. Phil was giving him all sorts of chat. On the first hole saying that the lie he had was going to come out dead and he didn't want to be short. Grant was concerned about getting a flier and Phil said that wasn't going to be a problem. Grant hit it way over the green into a hazard and Phil laughed - it was kind of funny, but such a contrast to Bryson. When he played with Bryson, Bryson was sharing all sorts of hints and tips and explaining his way of thinking on the golf course. Phil was just trying to get into Grant's head (and succeeding). 

Those aren't really fair comparisons because Bryson and DT (And Bryson and Grant) were a team playing together to try and shoot a specific score, Grant and Phil were playing a 1v1 match against each other with something on the line. 

If Grant and Phil were on a team I'd like to think that Phil would have helped Grant out as well.

Edited by klineka
  • Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

• Administrator
1 hour ago, klineka said:

If Grant and Phil were on a team I'd like to think that Phil would have helped Grant out as well.

Was going to say the same thing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, klineka said:

The original quote was

The only golf course that has been provided as a example wasn't even one that he built, he bought it. 

@Beastie used golf courses as in plural but has only talked about Turnberry. I'm still waiting to hear the multiple courses that he built (aka designed, created from scratch, not bought, etc) that are considered "amazing"

Amazing is obviously subjective and also relative to the quantity and quality of the courses each individual person has played. Someone who has played half of the courses on the top 100 is going to have a different opinion of what an amazing golf course is compared to someone who has only been playing for a few years and has played mostly public tracks around them plus one or two private courses. 

The course I mentioned was not Turnberry but Trump International links in Aberdeen. A course I have played and rated  it a “5” on my “golf courses I have played ranking”. 
i am not alone in thinking its amazing, but apparently it has to be top 3 world wide to qualify for that. If anyone else has played it and has a ranking for it then please share.

I realise it’s still off topic, but i wrote a 2 line comment which seems to be generating a lot of discussion. 

And any list that has the Old course in the top ten world wide is obviously bollocks. It’s not even the best course in St Andrews. ( making no allowance for historical value) 

Stevie T

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Beastie said:

apparently it has to be top 3 world wide to qualify for that

No, but higher than 66th, yes. 😄 

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

i am not alone in thinking its amazing, but apparently it has to be top 3 world wide to qualify for that. If anyone else has played it and has a ranking for it then please share.

And any list that has the Old course in the top ten world wide is obviously bollocks. It’s not even the best course in St Andrews.

Thank you for exposing your bad takes on golf course architecture. Seeing this makes it much easier to ignore anything you have to say about GCA. 🤣 (Said teasingly, but also with meaning.)

Now, and again, please: back to the topic. Turnberry, as DT said, is not and was not ever rated as the best course in the world. He's full of crap.

4 hours ago, klineka said:

Those aren't really fair comparisons because Bryson and DT (And Bryson and Grant) were a team playing together to try and shoot a specific score, Grant and Phil were playing a 1v1 match against each other with something on the line. 

Grant has a ton of videos with Bryson. Most of them they are playing against each other. Only ever for fun/bragging rights, and not for wearing a particular pair of pants in the Open. There is one with Bryson playing with three clubs, one with thrift store clubs and one that was exactly what Grant did with Phil. 18 holes with Grant starting -5. 

I believe that if this did anything, it certainly blew the lid off what came before it. Bryson getting an unlikely big fish and then picking up hundreds of thousands in new subscribers in days sent a message to the golf content creators that he can play this game too. It was Bryson's "Hold my Beer" You Tube creator moment. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus