IGNORED

I Believe...

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 5857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I believe I can play better than I do
I believe balls with a 3 on them don’t work as well as the others
I believe you hit the ball further off a red, white, or natural colored tee than any other
I believe tour pros use red, white, or natural colored tees only
I believe if you see a tour pro using a different colored tee it used to be red, white, or natural, but the player painted it to deceive us all into thinking that the color doesnt matter!!!
I believe that if you birdie the first hole you’re screwed
I believe my mental game is very weak
I believe I wouldn’t look good in a green jacket, so I’m not even going to try to win the masters
I believe I play better if I keep my swing thoughts to less than 300
I believe I have getting out of work to play golf down to a science
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5Β°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52ΒΊ - 56ΒΊ - 60ΒΊPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I believe... that the weather in the NE cannot get warmer soon enough

I believe... that despite the skill level and coordination required, golf is not a sport, golfers are not athletes. A point guard, midfielder, tennis player is an athlete. The aerobic requirement, split second decision making, sixth sense intuition for golf does not compare to the above. Yes, I do realize that Charles Barkley puts a real dent in this theory

I believe... despite the above, golf is one of the toughest "whatever you'd call it" to master.

I believe... that slow play is due to the "me first" attitude ingrained into our culture.

I believe... that the right instructor and diligent practice is the best way to learn how to play golf but finding that instructor and the time to practice is difficult.

I believe.... that the best instructor for you is you, when you're a low handicap. Unfortunately, there's this chicken and the egg paradox.

I believe.... if you're 25 or younger and healthy, you should not be using a cart.

I believe.... the only golf I would watch on TV is the majors were it not for DVR/Tivo.

I... I... believe in love... (U2)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I Believe... that having a wife that loves to play golf is awesome

I Believe... that the day she beats me I will retract such a statement

I Believe... properly fit clubs improved my game 5 strokes.

I Believe... loving golf is like loving women, the highest of highs but the lowest of lows

I Believe... it is one shot per round that keeps me coming back

I Believe... that this thread is one of the best ever

I Believe... the Sand Trap is my favorite forum ever, I cannot stay off it

I believe I met the most stunning girl in a golf match on sunday
I believe I have got her number, msn and facebook, and speak to her for hours a night
I believe Me and her will be meeting up again very soon
I believe This has made me happy

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I believe... that a low handicap is overrated
I believe... that I want a lower handicap
I believe... that many golfers think they are better than they actually are
I believe... that many golfers think they are worse than they actually are
I believe... that you could give some golfers every club/shaft/loft/etc. combination in the world and they would still be looking for new equipment
I believe... that some golfers could have a custom set of clubs built by the best clubmaker in the world and he/she would still wonder if a buddy's new off-the-shelf driver would hit it farther/straighter/etc.
I believe... that the above said golfer would then abandon the custom driver and go buy a new one
I believe... that one of the hardest things to do in golf is to put away the driver and practice the short game
I believe... that I need to get better at game management and the mental aspect of golf

I believe...that if Tiger had his 'A' game everyday, he would never be beat.
I believe...that all greens should be fast, really fast.
I believe...that it is more exciting to watch a tournament on TV when players can make birdies down the stretch, rather than struggle to make par or bogey (are you listening USGA?)
I believe...that my best friend could play at least on a mini tour if he could ever figure out how to putt.
I believe...that the whole handicap system sucks. Nothing I hate worse than shooting a 78 and getting 'beat' by someone who shoots a 90.
I believe...that improved putting can greatly reduce your scores.
I believe...that I play better on better maintained courses.
I believe...that if you can't afford to lose a golf ball (regardless of cost) and spend five minutes looking in the trees and weeds, you shouldn't be playing. Give it a quick look and move on.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I believe... That while I know that your putting/chipping is the quickest way to lower your score, for me personally if I could get off the tee box with out dropping a stroke due to lost ball/ball O.B. I'd drop 10 strokes a round off my score.

I believe... That no matter what club I have in my hand on the tee box I will pull/slice/duck hook the ball.

I believe... I have a mental block on the tee box

I believe... Trading in my Nike Slingshot OSS for Mizuno MP 32's have made the biggest improvement for me on my iron play.

I believe.... The preceeding statement is null and void if I'm on the tee box

I believe... My mother will be aggitated when she finally realizes the $100 set of clubs she bought for my 2 year old won't work for her because my daughter is going to be left handed apparently

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

I believe ...most golfers get caught up too much in what iron they should hit.

I believe ...my shotmaking has dramatically improved since I have carried only even number irons in my bag (4,6,8,PW,SW) over the past 2 months

I believe ...Tiger's swing was more accurate when he was skinnier, and not all muscled up.

I believe ...Tiger will have a harder time breaking Jack's record than most people think.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I believe...The Detroit Lions want to make their fans suffer.

I believe...That if I spent half as much time practicing as I do on the Sand Trap I might be pretty good.

I believe...That we are lucky to be able to see greatness like Tiger Woods. There are few people in the history of sports that can compare.

I believe...That my work life is preventing me from being a single digit.

I believe...That I will be able to change that soon.

I believe...That gas should not cost nearly $4.00 per gallon.

I believe...That the Ecconomic Stimulus Rebate only happened because it was election year.

I Believe...That I will still keep the $1800 they gave me.

I believe...That if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. And try to find somebody who's life gives them vodka, and have a party.
Driver: 9.5Β° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.Β° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0Β° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0Β° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58Β° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I Believe... golf IS a sport

I Believe... a sport is an athletic activity that uses physical skills, often competitive

I Believe... athletic means physically active or a motion or play which requires fine physical ability

I Believe... a golf swing is an athletic movement

I Believe... golf might not be the same as hockey, but it is certainly comparable to baseball... lots of doing nothing (except thinking and analyzing), followed by an atletic move, followed by more nothing.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5Β° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14Β° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18Β°) & 3h(20Β°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52Β°-10Β° & 58Β°-10Β°; Odyssey...

I believe golfers are way too interested in looks and image.

I believe that it's OK to have a relaxed attitude about golf, its traditions and rules so long as you're not playing competitive golf.

I believe that I will never be able or willing to get beyond a 10 handicap, but plan on having a gas trying to get there.

I believe that I'll be buying some new irons with my income tax check.

I believe that at my level there is not much difference between Long & Soft Noodles & Titleist NXT Extremes (besides cost).

I believe that somewhere is a golf glove that won't wear out in that one spot on the heel of my hand while the rest of the glove is still in good shape.

I believe that playing alone is a blast, but golf is meant to be played with others, even if they're strangers.

I believe that teaching your wife to golf is a path towards divorce.

I believe that this is one of the coolest threads I've ever seen around here.

I believe that's all.

I Believe....my game (swing, ball striking, mindset, equipment knowledge) has impoved drastically since joining this forum. Thanks all.

I Believe.... my goals including drop handicap to single digit figures , while quite a ways out, are very achieveable this season (if the weather cooperates).

I Believe....Northwestern PA's weather blows from November until May (although this past April has been a beaut for the most part). Winter Sucks!! Come on summer!

I Believe....Golf is the best game ever. And the most difficult.

I Believe....My handicap is just my baseline and not my goal. My goal is par or better.

I Believe....It's not "how"....It's "how many".

I Believe....two negatives make a positive & four lefts can make a right but two wrongs can't make a right (as in correct).

I Believe....my officemate just passed gas....(sorry, not related to golf but....)

I belive i will spend the next 15 years of my life trying to figure out the 3 or 4 inches between the top of the backswing and the beginning of the downswing... :(
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

i believe... in playing golf during non-peak hours

i believe... looking good helps to a certain extent

i believe... i can reach a single-digit handicap

i believe... i will continue to play golf as long as i can

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

I Believe - Ben Hogans Five Fundamentals is the best golf instruction book.
I Believe - If Ben Hogan hadn't been hit by a bus, Tiger would be chasing his record, and not Jack's
I Believe - Putting is the most important skill in golf.
I Believe - People spend too much money on equipment they dont need (myself included)
I Believe - Golf is the greatest game.
I Believe - I will never play as much golf as I'd like to.
I Believe - Callaway customer service is the best in the industry.
I Believe - My Scotty Cameron putter somehow actually did make me a better putter
I Believe - the mental game is the most difficult to master.
I Believe - the best username on this forum is "twotacosfor99cents" makes me laugh everytime.

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I Believe... that this thread has made me think a lot.

I Believe... my best swings are made when there is little or no tension in my shoulders.

I Believe... I can consciously avoid said tension and, in effect, improve my game.

I Believe... I love the looks of the Mizuno MX-25's

I Know... that I need to hit these and other irons prior to making a decision on what I will be buying.

I Know... should be properly fitted prior to buying the irons that I choose.

Ugh.... I Believe... I just heard thunder....likely no playing or practice tonight.

i believe with what erik said about golf is rewarding when self taught. it is very exciting when you fix your swing and better your score and at the same time, beating your friends.

i believe golf is one the best games on the world, because not many savages (who have no etiquette) play.

i believe the advice on the sandtrap forum has taken me from a hacker to someone with a decent swing and a decent ball striker, and would like to thank the efforts of the sandtrap staff for doing so.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19Β° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I believe... that the more I play, the more I love the game... even when I have a bad round.

I believe... that the grip is one of the most underrated aspects of the game.

I believe... that the game is best played by walking with a few good friends.

I believe... that competition is good for your game.

I believe... that if most people spend as much money on practice buckets as they do equipment, they'd be decent.

I believe... I need to practice more and worry about my equipment less.

I believe... I will cut my handicap in half by the end of the season.

I believe... that private course membership fees are getting out of hand (in Texas at least).

I believe... that in my 20s now, I have started saving money in an investment account for a future club membership.
What's in the bag:

G10 9 degree, TFC 129 shaft, stiff
Big Bertha 3 Wood
FTX 2i, Apex Plus 3i-E MP-R 52/07 and 56/13 Zing

Note:Β This thread is 5857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!