IGNORED

Worst Possible Scenario - are we doomed?

Lefty731PM
Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if you say you can drive it 350 why arent you on tour bubba watson average is around 350 and hes the longest driver on tour im sick of all the rant about your average driving distance being 350 and your a 18 handicap i simply cant believe that'

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you say you can drive it 350 why arent you on tour bubba watson average is around 350 and hes the longest driver on tour im sick of all the rant about your average driving distance being 350 and your a 18 handicap i simply cant believe that'

Bubba Watson's average this year is 310.2 yards. Even he is not exactly "around 350". Granted, he doesn't use his driver for every drive, but I think the stat still speaks for itself.

It's also worth noting that Bubba is currently 102 on the money list...so right now he is knocking it past 101 guys that are making more money than him.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the Tour only measures driving distance on two or three holes a round. And if they hit an iron off the tee, that's counted in the driving distance.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the Tour only measures driving distance on two or three holes a round. And if they hit an iron off the tee, that's counted in the driving distance.

They pick holes on which people hit driver. They don't pick tees where people hit

IRONS . C'mon...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bubba Watson's average this year is 310.2 yards. Even he is not exactly "around 350". Granted, he doesn't use his driver for every drive, but I think the stat still speaks for itself.

I loved your theory above, and agree 100%, Watson and others like him are great examples that it's not how far you hit the ball, but how well you play the ball......distance is nothing unless you have others aspects of the game, and clearly he doesn't....as you stated keep leading the tour in driving distance but there are 101 guys who are making more money then you.....

• 3 weeks later...
They pick holes on which people hit driver. They don't pick tees where people hit

Actually, I'm pretty sure that they use 2 holes per round which go in opposite directions (one may be downwind and the other into the wind). These are typically holes that players will hit driver, but if they hit 3 wood or something else, their yardage on those 2 teeshots will still be used to determine their average driving distance for that round.

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

You are not alone. I hit several 200 yard drives today for the first time in my short time playing (thinking the driver switch may have helped) - before today i rarely (with roll) went past 170.

This is starting to sound like hackers anonymous

Hi, I'm ZaPPPa *Hi ZaPPPa* I drive about 175 on average. *clap clap clap* I'm 6'2", 180lbs and have a pretty athletic build.. Thing is my swing just isn't very good. Anyway, I don't think I have ever seen anyone hit it past the 250 marker on the local driving range. The one exception being my golf buddy who is about 5'10" and lean muscle.. Even he barely gets it past 275 on a good day. I'd say on the average range the average male with average technique does about 200 yards on a good shot. (Which corresponds nicely with the avg low 90's swing speed on a 10* lofted driver) I know I can reach 200 if I could just hit the sweet spot for a change and not slice it. But 300 average? Not gonna happen. Besides I'd rather work on my short game and putting than bombing balls on the range all day... If only my penis would stop getting in the way of my putter..

WISCO! A+ For you!

You know I do agree that forums do tend to repeat themselfs over and over again, that is the nature of the beast. I am a member of a sportbike forum and over and over again new riders come in and ask what bike they should get and everyone says start small and work your way up, but they all think they should start big because they dont want to get bored of the smaller cc bike. This happens over and over. I have only been apart of this forum for a couple weeks and guess it is the same type of thing eh?

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!