IGNORED

Anyone else not looking forward to Tiger's return?

rmccabe6
Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, I know this is going to be a hot potatoe but is there anyone else not looking forward to Tiger returning. I mean, i don't have anything against him, but it's kind of like why I don't like the yankees anymore. After seeing years of the same team or athlete winning almost every week; I really liked watching golf the last few weeks and seeing different people winning each week. Ok, now you Tiger fans can yell at me!

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Ok, I know this is going to be a hot potatoe but is there anyone else not looking forward to Tiger returning. I mean, i don't have anything against him, but it's kind of like why I don't like the yankees anymore. After seeing years of the same team or athlete winning almost every week; I really liked watching golf the last few weeks and seeing different people winning each week. Ok, now you Tiger fans can yell at me!

I'm a Yankees fan, and a Tiger fan. But I'm not goint rip on ya. The difference I see in the two, is Tiger is a one-man team. He is absolutely the best at what he does. The Yankees can be good, they are NOT the team they were a couple years ago, at least they don't play like it. I'm also a Cubs fan, so I'm still happy

I will agree, its been a treat to see the other guys, especially the young guns, Kim/Scott/Imada. . .win. And wow, Perry's just right there. Last 2 weeks, he's just ready for a win. I can see it coming.

Never in your life will you ever see what you are seeing now from Tiger Woods. He is the best at what he does - and we are just witnesses to history in the making.

Embrace it, lower your pride, and let the moments he creates to sulk in. I think once everybody starts having that mindset - there will be a bit more harmony and less political controversy.
What's in R7 Bag:

R5 Dual 9.5 degree
3DX Pro 4-PW irons
3FT Hybrid 54 & 56 wedges*Gigagolf Trufeel putterMy blog:http://matt10-livethedream.blogspot.com/

I am absolutely looking forward to seeing Tiger on the course again. The thing I like about Tiger Woods is that each tournament he plays in is another opportunity for us, the fans, to see something special. I enjoy watching golf every week, it's just that it's alot better when Tiger is in the field.

In My Bag:
SQ Dymo2 10.5
SQ Dymo2 15
a2 3-PW
Tom Watson Wedges 52, 56, 60 Unitized Retro 33"

I'm a bit torn on this. I love watching Tiger play. On the other hand, since he left, two of my favorite players (Kim, Imada) have won tournaments that he's won in the past.

Of course, he wasn't going to play this past week, even if he had been in perfect shape.

So I guess I'm looking forward to his return. Kim almost got a chance to challenge him back in February. And Imada won B-Flight at a tournament back in January, when Woods was the A-flight.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've watched Tiger starting with his 3 amateur championships, and just about every other tournament he's played in, that's a lot of Tiger over the years and have loved every minute of it, however I'm over Tiger for now, haven't missed him one bit. Can't say why, probably just a lot of little things over the years that have added up.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I agree with you, but only for the reason of the Commentators who will be doing the events he's in will be back on his jock like it was money on it or something....All Hail King Tiger sort of say.....that's my only reason, nothing against him but more so those who call the events

Yes and no. I enjoy the excitement from watching the legend in the making. But I am also enjoying the repreive from not having to hear his name every 5 seconds. I love golf so it's good either way.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I'm a long-time Met fan, and don't like the Yankees for 1 reason.
They try to buy championships. Their salary level which is the highest in professional sports & more than 4 of the lowest teams in baseball combined is ridiculous. Yes, the Mets are finally going after talent and paying them the $, BUT
here's why golf is so great. In golf, you EARN your check on a weekly basis. You have to be on point and the best at every moment to keep the $ coming in.

Other sports, you can be in a slump and your team can still win.
IF A-Rod can bat under .100 in the post season and still make 30 mil a year, then good for him. But if golfers aren't on their game, they go home with minimal or no check at all.

That's why i love seeing people grind it out to make the cut. They're happy playing another day. A lot of these athletes stop playing after they get their big deals.

I respect the yankees for all they've done..BUT for a 200 mil team each year, you have to be winning championships or at least getting to the world series every year. it proves that you can buy talent, but talent doesn't provide you with championships.

a single person has changed the face, pace, and game of golf. A single person will probably be the greatest to ever play the game...without a doubt by the end of his career.
He's got a staff of people that help him do it....but at the end, he's executing the golf shot.
His consistency is unbelievable. I love watching different folk win... you can't win them all...but you have to be in awe of how amazing he is.
I'm a Tiger fan, but I'm a fan of the game more-so, and it's ridiculous how perfect he can be when he has to...
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I'm gonna chime in and say that while everyone, regardless of how they feel, misses watching Tiger in the field because of that added challenge that he brings to the rest of the field. As if heading into the final day isnt challenging enough, everyone knows that more than likely he's going to mount a charge, so now you have to contend with the course, a pack of golfers trying to catch you, mother nature, the fans, the TV...but also Tiger. He's his own element of thought when you think about it.

On the flip side, it's actually been pleasant because there have been other people to come to the front of the pack and we're getting to learn more about them now, like Sergio's resurgence, Anthony Kim, Paul Gouydos (nearly won the Players), and Ryuji Imada. We've been seeing more and more profiles of these players or up and coming or resurging because more time is being spent on their stories, which is great. I personally think the players are relieved to take a Tiger break not because they dont want to play against him (I think all of them do as they are all competitive and they want to play against the best), but just very simply because every other question for the past ten years has been about Tiger. Its nice that the focus is on the player or players in the moment...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

I am excited for the return of Tiger! I have also enjoyed his time off. It has been great watching Scott, Kim, Garcia, and Imada win. I think that having those guys win is great for the sport and their games. I hope it boosts their confidence and they all make a run at Tiger. I love watching Tiger but would love it even more if Tiger had some confident guys giving him some serious competition!
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Absolutely! I like seeing the best of the best. Tiger is by far ahead of any player in this generation and arguably the best of all time. I didnt stop watching golf because of his latest injury, but am definitely lookinf forward to his return.
Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 Red Prolaunch Stiff
3 Wood/5Wood: Taylormade Tour Burner TP Stiff
Hybrid: Taylormade CGB 3i Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 Project X 5.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52/56Putter: Odessey 2 BallBall: Srixon Z-URS

I'll be glad when he gets back. I haven't watched any golf since the Masters, other than highlights. Part of it is being busy and not spending three hours in front of the tube every weekend, but Tiger adds to the flare of the coverage.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Of course having Tiger back will be great. The AT&T; open was garbage, having only stewart cink being a top 15 player in the field. The ending was great though.

What I can not stand is Tiger fans. They think Tiger lost at the Masters on purpose, believe if he played at some events he'd automatically win, etc. If he played at the Player's, he would have not been in the final 3 groups. That's why I believe Sergio Garcia thanking Tiger for not being there helped me understand who Sergio Garcia is. No wonder he did not win for three years and is terrible at putting, he attributes his win to "Tiger not being there". Zero confidence in your game, this is why he will never win a major

Anyways, I don't dislike Tiger, just the fans. Having him back in the field will be great, he's not my favorite player and I don't root for him but it is always great when he plays. I'm really hoping in the next couple of years Anthony Kim can make a run at him before Tiger is too old and at the end of his game. That is what golf needs at this moment.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

Of course having Tiger back will be great. The AT&T; open was garbage, having only stewart cink being a top 15 player in the field. The ending was great though.

a) I think your overgeneralizing a bit with "Tiger fans think he lost on purpose." Only kids believe crap like that.

b) Sergio was more than likely just kidding.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

a) I think your overgeneralizing a bit with "Tiger fans think he lost on purpose." Only kids believe crap like that.

a) Yes I know, but the Tiger fans that are like that are the loud obnoxious ones that I can not stand. The "normal" Tiger fans are fine.

b) Yes, he was half kidding. But notice how no one else would make a comment after winning a tournament... Seriously, why would he say that? Just a dumb comment to make and I really can see why he can not live to his true potential. I hope he can put everything together soon and actually bring home the British Open (in every other major he plays awful, but at the British he has a chance.)

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

1) EXCELLENT point on Sergio's comment about Tiger. This is exactly what I was thinking when I heard this.

2) I wouldnt worry about Tiger being "too old" for Anthony Kim. Better to just worry about Kim being in the field in 5-10 years. Nothing is a guarantee. He is off to a good start, but lets see what happens.
Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 Red Prolaunch Stiff
3 Wood/5Wood: Taylormade Tour Burner TP Stiff
Hybrid: Taylormade CGB 3i Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 Project X 5.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52/56Putter: Odessey 2 BallBall: Srixon Z-URS

When Tiger has been winning for 90 years, then I'll probably dislike him as much as I do the Yankees. Until then, he's the best entertainment on Tour.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!