IGNORED

one liners you've heard

sandtrap
Note: This thread is 3174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

*After topping a drive, "I popped that like a Chinese cop on a Tibetan Monk!"

Not only were you quoted in this thread already, you're double-quoting yourself! ;)

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Not only were you quoted in this thread already, you're double-quoting yourself! ;)

Sorry, it wasn't for work so I did a bad job of proofing

Oh, I double quoted someone else because I copied and pasted all of those. I guess I get busted for plagiarism and redundancy

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Never up, never in.

(That also applies to another fact of life...)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

My Grandpa always says when he leaves a putt short "You've got to get it up to get it in."

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

• Administrator
"90% of all putts left short don't go in."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When you absolutely crush your drive straight down the middle of the fairway and outdrive your buddy by a lot...
"I heard they're building a new super wal-mart."
-your buddy "Oh, really? Where at?"
"Between my ball and yours."

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

Out yesterday with 2 friends, and one of my friend's dads (3 guys in their 30's, one guy in his late 60's)...
Waiting in the fairway for the green to clear, about 200 yards out...

Friend: "Dad, Hit it. You'll never reach them."
Dad: "I better wait. If I get ahold of it, I might hit them."
Friend: "Dad, just hit the damn ball. Trust me, you'll never reach them."
Dad: "No. I'm going to wait. I don't want to hurt anybody. I'm going to use my 5-wood, and I can really boom it with this club."

Dad is dead serious, but he hasn't connected on a solid shot since 1994. We wait for the green to clear, and Dad let's her rip. Digs up about 2 pounds of fairway earth, and the ball rolls 50 yards. Dad shakes his head in disgust, and with 100% sincerity, looks me in the eye, and says:

"I should've used my 3-wood. It's further than it looks."

I had tears in my eyes, laughing the best belly laugh I've had in a while...

That reminds me of a sort of one-liner I trade with my buddy all the time. We'll see hackers waiting for the green to clear when they're three light years away, and I'll say, "you know what that guy's thinking? 'This one time, back in '88, I really crushed one, so I'm going to wait...'"

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Hit a tee shot OB, tee up a provisional and hit it almost to the same spot as my original drive; my buddy yells out "Iron Byron" :)

909D2 10.5º Ozik X-Con 5 Stiff
949MC 14º Blueboard 73 Stiff
20º 4DX-3IWS Ironwood Stiff
AP2 Project X 5.5 (4-PW, 51º GW)
Vokey 54º-10 Spin Milled X-Tour 58º-11 PM MDByron Morgan 006 Oil Can putter

Out yesterday with 2 friends, and one of my friend's dads (3 guys in their 30's, one guy in his late 60's)...

there were some good ones on this thread, but out of them all....this one made me laugh the most! good stuff

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

• 3 years later...

If someone smokes a putt past the hole "man you have the touch of a guerrilla"  or like some others have said, leaving a birdie/par putt significantly short, we like to call the guy by his wife's name "nice putt Emily"

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

a classic i used to use as a junior in mens competitions . . .'i could piss further than that'

910D2 9.5 Stiff

906F3 PT 3 wood Stiff

Pro100 Blades 3-PW X100

Vintage 52 and 60 wedge

C67

For a putt just short...." a south american putt, one more revolution." ....its for a certain age group..lol.

And after a 10 foot topped drive on the first tee, "man, tough course".

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

After sinking a long putt for double bogey (or worse):  That's whip cream on a pile of $h!t

After a pop-up drive:  That's an elephant's a$$:  High and it stinks.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Ball hit that high and far must have a stewardess on it.

Ball hit that badly doesn't deserve to be found.

Those are way old.  All the others I've heard have already been posted.

When putting we always say for a putt left shot, "what, did the club get caught up in your skirt". The club pro and I joke around quite a bit, we both have a big sense of humor. I also try to instill that into the golf team with a bad shot. Figure out what you did but laugh about it, a temper will do you no good.

Note: This thread is 3174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!