IGNORED

Season Ending Knee Surgery

Franco!
Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

G** D******.......

It is for the better though. It would be worse if he tried to play The Open or the PGA Championship. i'll take 6-8 months of no Tiger this year then him cutting his career short. Hopefully he can get back to 100%. Best of luck on the surgery Tiger if you can hear me...

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, a season without tiger

i KNEW he would only win one major this year!

hope he recovers well and is ready to go next year, and hopefully a top player like Adam Scott or Sergio can break through and win a major

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Well-
Maybe now we can put an end to all of the "Tiger was faking it" talk.

I was rooting hard for Rocco, but I really have to respect what Tiger can do.

Well this will be good news for the rest of the field. They won't say so publicly, but this means more wins, more top-tens and more money for the rest of them.

The worst aspect of this is that Tiger was really in peak form over the past 12-18 months and now he will be unable to practice or play for some time. The lay-off will present more of a challenge than the injury itself.

Golf will be a lot less interesting to watch this year.

SubPar

F%&K; Reteif...I think its funny Tiger can whip his A$$ while having one good leg. LOL

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I agree smart decision.

I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, but I'm pretty sure you can, actually, get a stress fracture from non-impact trauma like riding a stationary bike...if you do it enough. I'm thinking his rehab probably involved strength training of the knee, too, and all those things together could definitely cause a stress fracture. In fact, I was taught that they call them "stress" fractures because it's presumed they happen due to repeated strain injury over time, and not an acute, impact type blow.

One only hopes he didn't cause too much additional damage to his knee by playing. An ACL tear is not an all-or-none thing; different degrees of tearing have different implications for the type of possible reconstruction, the speed and success rate of rehab, etc. People have been saying for years that the question of whether or not he beats Jack's record in majors will depend on how many challenges he faces in the future...how does he handle the death of his parents...how does he handle added responsibilities of marriage and fatherhood...how does he handle serious injury? I guess we know the answer to the first two. As for the third, we're going to find out. Recovering from relatively minor knee surgery--trimming cartilage, etc.--is one thing, especially when the rehab is a matter of a few weeks. With an ACL repair, he's looking at the better part of a year. I expect he will return and be right back on top within a short time. What else would anyone expect. However, it is more serious this time, and we'll just have to see what happens.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Goosen was in the field at Torrey Pines, finishing in a tie for fourteenth, but when asked whether he believed that Woods was faking the extent of his pain, he said: “I think so. It just seemed that when he hit a bad shot his knee was in pain and on his good shots he wasn’t in pain. You see when he made the putts and he went down on his knees and was shouting, ‘Yeah’, his knee wasn’t sore.

And THAT my friends proves Goosen's idiocy.

I'm sure many of you will remember the probably 6 or 7 drives Tiger had where he winced, but the announcers stated "Well he winced but that doesn't mean it's a bad shot anymore," and the ball landed dead center. Even once, I turned to my friend on 18 after his drive-and-wince and he kinda went "uh-oh", and I said, "Nah, it's for pain the balls fine," and what do ya know - middle of the fairway. Also his knee only appeared to be hurt after he put an extensive amount of force on it - how much force do you put on your knee while putting? Plus he had adrenaline on the greens. I stopped reading after Goosen said that - once you say something as wrong as that, it's just jealousy.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

ya that drive on 18 in the playoff. he winced and i was like crap...only to find out it was center and looong

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

Looks like I am back to taking afternoon naps on Sunday

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Wow. Bum knee AND factured tibia. Take better care of yourself, Tiger!
-Kevin
In the Nike Pro Tour Combo Bag:
907 D2 9.5*
906F2 18* 5W
585H 21* 3 Hybrid 735.CM 4-PW 51.06 MP-T & 56.13 MP-T White Hot #1

I was unaware of that. I think I just lost all respect for Goosen, and he must feel like a complete moron.

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Well that sucks for us as fans, but it was bound to happen eventually. He probably rehabbed so hard he hurt himself even more. I really hope he comes back at 100%, a lot of athletes don't. Granted he is not running and jumping as much so I think he should be ok.
TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

Well-

Amen to that!!!

A real bummer but the right decision. It's Anthony Kim's time to shine now! Take advantage while you can!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

D@mn shame. Gonna be less to look forward to/ less media hype on any of the majors.

I just got an update from ESPN on my cell phone stating that Tiger had a torn ACL in the left knee since last July!? Wow!

Goosen is eating some serious crow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../sgmair218.xml

Woods has been lapping the field for the past 1/2 season with a knee injury. Ouch.

Woods was entertaining the thought of a Grand Slam while not 100% Yikes.

I remember at the Masters, one of the announcers noticed a problem with his knee. And that's why his knee buckled (was it his left?) in one of the tourneys where he tried to do a 180* fist pump. Things are starting to make sense now.

Will he change his swing *again* coming back?

What will he finish on the money list? Top 5? Despite the shortened season, he's still a good pick for POY of no one wins 2 majors.

Now Europe has the pressure of being heavily favored in the Ryder Cup sans Woods.

Not that he needs it, but he has an extra exemption next year - the injured exemption, no?

He gets to spend more time with his kid. Bonus.

If he gets 18+ majors, he adds to the legend by doing it with a major injury.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i walked on a torn ACL for 3 years from a motocross accident. The pain goes away with ACL damage.. You just lose stability

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

That sucks as TW was clearly playing well. This was my first summer back from having ACL reconstruction surgery on my left knee. I was playing tennis after 5.5 months but these matters are obviously very person-specific (my injury ocurred in a rather gruesome waying while playing basketball where the knee was displaced for about 15 seconds and I had alot of miniscus damage accompanying the ligament damage as a result).

I am also wondering whether he will have his ACL repair completed with a cadaver tendon or his own patella tendon. The latter option increases the rehab time a little whereas the former can be done arthroscopically. That's none of my business, however, I'm just curious as a medical professional and a knee surgery vet!

Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!