IGNORED

Worst Golf Gift

Note: This thread is 5736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any golf gift (that is intended for use on the course) sucks for the most part.
"Range Finders"
Top Flite X-outs
Tees that are too long

Paraphernalia is good though (pictures, desk items, towels, collectables, etc...)

i've found a use for all of the golf gifts I've gotten. From club brush's and covers to GPS... BUT, the 1 gift that I thought was TERRIBLE
were those ancient rangefinders. it's like it says measure from top to bottom... and it has yardage up to 250... BUT they don't even zoom to 250 yards! you're better off using a sprinkler head or post marker at that point!

a gift that's literally expensive sh** - golf toilet paper
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

gotten a number of them through the years. last one i got was a putting green with a ball return mechanism that didn't work. :)

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

My family tends to glom onto whatever hobby I have lately. When I was into sailing, I got ships-in-a-bottle, etc. A few years ago my mom got me personalized golf tees, which wouldn't be too bad except that they are the short ones and there were probably 250 of them. I'm finally about through with them.

Funny story: Two years ago I was in a friend's fraternity golf outing and used some of the personalized tees. I couldn't make it to the tournament last year, but my buddy and another guy went. My buddy happened to have one of my tees in his bag, so he grabbed it and dropped it on the teebox when the other guy wasn't looking. Then he bent down and said, "Holy crap, it's one of Scott's tees from last year!" The other guy totally bought it. Not a smart fellow.

Before I read the responses on this thread, I was planning on saying something to the effect that "It's the thought that counts."

BUT . . .

Some of the gifts mentioned above are beyond belief, beyond redemption, utterly dreadful . . .

Generally any golf gifts I've received have been reasonably good, certainly nothing bad enough to complain about.

And now I know how lucky I am!

Two come to mind

Hah, we dared our golf buddy to get the utility belt since he likes gizmos....and he did! On his own. Can't even take the ball marker out of the buckle since it's so small.

In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

last christmas a received a ball picking up thingo that i ardly ever use. and a putting mat. i have carpet in the house anyway so they were pretty weird

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• 4 weeks later...

iron head covers .. enough said

(I had a very cheap set of Ram irons in my bag too...)

Driver: KZG Gemini 10.5° Custom Build (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
7 Wood: Mizuno MP001 21° (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 (3i-PW)
GW/SW/LW: Cleveland 900 Tour Action 52°/56°/60°
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
Ball: TaylorMade TP Red / Srixon Z-Star

The non-laser Rangefinder ("Range guesser").
Golf ball monogram tool.
Golf accessory utility bags.
Golf snow globes.
Golf figurines.
Golf shaped tools (i.e. hammer, screwdriver, pens)- although I love my golf club shaped barbecue set.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

Seat covers for my golf cart, ugly as eff.

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

I got to go with the olf ball finding sun glasses that make you look like Stevie Wonder!!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Electronic scorecards - I don't find them useful one bit, prefer to have the original card so I can keep track of hole history.

The thing you attach to the shaft that tells you your swing speed and distance that you'll hit it. Is it psychic?

I find that those people who buy golf gifts are usually the ones that shouldn't be...non golfers Though gift cards are preferred! My mother in law gets me pretty bad gifts related to my hobbies. I don't doubt that this Xmas and birthday I'll get something golf related that is rather useless...in the past she's got me a handheld electronic beer directory and when we were thinking about getting a dog she bought a DVD that showed puppies playing a perspex box for hours and nothing else

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Note: This thread is 5736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!