IGNORED

Who is going to win the next Major?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going for Tom Sherreard, an amateur from my club who just won local final qualifying at southport and ainsdale. Now how many of you could say you've played with a major winner.

C'mon Tom!

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

People are overlooking Els a little going into next week's British Open

Agreed. I think I posted something similar but the three guys I keep thinking of are Sergio Garcia, Ernie Els, and Lee Westwood. I don't disagree with the Karlsson picks either. I can definitely see him in the top 10.

So with that here's my top 10 (subject to change 1. Sergio Garcia 2. Ernie Els 3. Lee Westwood 4. Robert Karlsson 5. Andres Romero 6. Justin Rose 7. Jim Furyk 8. Geoff Ogilvy 9. Martin Kaymer 10. Robert Allenby I probably missed some guys but that's a decent list off the top of my head.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Phil Mickelson just because that nigga the shit!

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

Rod Pampling
Adam Scott
Sergio Garcia
Ernie Els
Geoff Olgilvy

(I won't deny that my favourites are skewed just a little towards Australians!)

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Harrington
Phil
Choi
Woody
John Daly??

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Phil seems to always start out as a contender then slowly fade out of the running, with Tiger gone i think he has a shot.

Woulden't mind seeing Furyk win either.
Driver R7 Quad
3 Wood R7 Quad Ti
Irons 3-PW FP
Wedges SV 56,60
Putter White hot 2 ball

Top Five Picks:

1) Sergio Garcia
2) Lee Westwood
3) Geoff Ogilvy
4) Anthony Kim
5) Adam Scott

Dark Horse / 6) Miguel Ángel Jiménez

Super Jet Black Horse) Tiger Woods*

I think that Lee deserves it the most so I sill be pulling for him probably the most, but Sergio is fun to watch and I would love to see him win. Kim is playing well so why not and Adam Scott has a good game soooo I chose him. Ogilvy could really contend because he strikes the ball well, but don't be surprised to see Miguel. He made a run at Carnoustie and he is a classic player.

*Of course Tiger can't win, but if he can do it with one leg, why not on crutches?

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

I've thought about this for days and have absolutely no idea

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Who do you think are the top 5 picks to win the next majors?

While its difficult to pick a winner two weeks before the tournament I am inclined to agree with people who have been suggesting that Sergio Garcia, Ernie Els, and Robert Karlson all have a shot.

With that said my five would be: Ernie Els Sergio Garcia Robert Karlson Retief Goosen Justin Rose

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

Garcia
Karlson
Westwood

I really don't think AK has a shot of even breaking top 20. Just my opinion though.
In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

I always like to back an outsider, I think I might stick a few £'s each way on

Miguel Angel
Anders Romero
GMac (he's on terrific form right now, playing very well)
Big Ern
and
a Scotsmans as always but I doubt it'll be Monty..

I'll go with a popular pick and choose Westwood. I'll be unpopular and say Els and Goosen won't be in the top 5.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!