IGNORED

Honors or Ready to hit GO?

RickPro
Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you guys play honors where if they had the lowest score on the previous hole you let them hit 1st? or If your ready to hit, you just run up to the tee and hit and keep things moving and keep pace?

how about in the fairways? further away or whoever is ready to hit just hit?

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

with friends, ready golf

if im put into a group by a starter...i keep honors and play standard fairway etiquette

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Ready golf almost always! In the event of a score under par for a hole, we offer the birdie recipient the honors, but I've yet to hear a response other than "no, ready golf, but thanks" or equivalent.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do you guys play honors where if they had the lowest score on the previous hole you let them hit 1st? or If your ready to hit, you just run up to the tee and hit and keep things moving and keep pace?

Honors and farthest away unless there is someone behind us than ready (rare). Goal in my regular group for each of us is to keep the tee box honor.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Got to be honors as everyone should be ready to hit on the tee. Also if come to a par 3 and not sure what club to use it seems some people seem to find something they need to do in there bag. This means they get the advantage of playing last.

Play honors and stick to the rules/etiquette!
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

It we're not behind on the course, then it's honours always. It's an important part of the game. If we're holding people up, then sure, ready golf until we've caught up.

Personally, if I have the honour and am not ready on the next tee when I should be, I generally ask whomever is ready first to hit.

For the vast majority if the time, however, I like to respect the game's traditions.

//Anand

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

With my friends in summer: Honors, and whoever is away (with a few exceptions to speed up play).

With my friends in spring (on the golf team): Honors, but I always hit last because I'm almost always the scorekeeper and our coach likes us to play extremely fast (so we won't waste the ten seconds it takes me to write down the scores).

With my grandfather and cousin: I always hit first because I'm playing a tee farther back, and the other two don't really care.

In general, I like the honors system and the tenet that the farthest from the hole hit. Although I support the idea of ready golf in general, I find that there's often confusion when someone nearer to the hole gets ready to hit: after going through his preshot routine, the person nearer to the hole will often see the person farther from the hole standing by his ball and let him hit, creating an effect opposite of what is desired (it slows down play).

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

In league play honors, unless we're putting. At that time, especially with a long putt. I tell people to go ahead if they have a line, I'm not committed yet.

As for friendly golf, its ready play but making sure not to leave anyone behind of risk getting hit. I know it sounds like a no brainer, but I see every week.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

If I'm playing with friends, it is ready golf. If it is people I don't know, I plays honors until I feel them out to see if they care.

Driver: TM Rocketballz 10.5°, Stiff Shaft

3Wood: TM Rocketballz Tour 14.5°, Stiff Shaft

7Wood: Maxfli, Regular Shaft

5-PW: TM R7 Draw, Stiff Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58° Cleveland CG14 or CG15

Putter: TM Rossa Daytona

Ready golf unless paired with strangers.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

We play honors from the fairways and greens. But tee'ing off its just whoever is ready.

And, we're not that strict about honors, really. If someone is standing over their putt/chip looking, thinking, looking thinking, someone who's ready will just go ahead and go (as long as they are not in the first guys way, obviously). Or, if you have a great approach and you are right near the pin for a tap-in, and the rest of us are struggling to get out of the rough, go ahead and tap-in and then watch the rest of us while trying not to gloat.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

it really depends on the group that i'm playing with. IF it's a slow group, then I say ready golf. If i'm playing with serious players, then we play honors and distance from the green.
Most of the time it's a hybrid of the 2 whenever I play with ppl I don't know.
whoever got the par, birdie or eagle on the hole b4 gets the tee. but then if nobody else scored the hole before it's ready set golf.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

We generally play honors for the first tee shot, and then it's ready golf (some people keep more detailed scores, for example, and want the time to update their card before teeing off.)

We play ready golf in the fairway as long as you aren't in someone's way.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

I am a big fan of "ready golf" and try to establish it on the first hole if I am playing with people I don't usually play with.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!