IGNORED

Legends Reno-Tahoe Open...Michelle Wie is playing!

underparnv
Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Is that her goal? Just make the cut?

Who knows? It's pretty pointless to discuss it since none of us could possibly know.

we MUST admit that her(Wie's) "colloquialism" and articulation, falls way short of average in other young ladies attending prestigious universities.

Something tells me you're out of touch with the modern, current model 17-year-old girl.

Is it not a "wie" bit silly to assume she is playing the tourney but not competing?

I could give you ten other reasons she's playing. Here's three to get you started:

1) fulfill contract obligations 2) better practice than just beating balls on the range 3) looking at it as a learning opportunity Unless you've somehow come upon the exact reasons Michelle's playing, yes, I think it's silly to assume she's trying to do anything. You're just assuming.
Couldn't Wie just "practice" across the pond in a womens major?

As has been said repeatedly,

she's not eligible. So again I'll ask: what's she supposed to do, just twiddle her thumbs in Europe watching Lorena and Annika play?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may want to slap yourself for not having a clue. She has made cuts this year on the LPGA Tour. In fact was in a great position to win two weeks ago if not for a stupid,

Off course? Signing your card is done while you are on the course, on the facility. It's ridiculous not to do so. Why would she not sign her card? It makes NO sense. The worst golfers I see on junior tour golf still know to sign their card. Please don't make excuses for an otherwise nice girl. She just doesn't have it together yet (mostly due to management) and it's a shame that we'll probably never see her reach her potential. Of course all this is just my own opinion which, if I remember right, we're allowed to express on this message board.

Something tells me you're out of touch with the modern, current model 17-year-old girl.

On the Contrary, I'm very in touch with the modern, current model 17-year old heading to a top university(my wife is a AP chem/bio/biochem teacher and tutor). The young ladies my wife works with are some of brightest most articulate, scintillating people(of any age) you could meet.

I could give you ten other reasons she's playing. Here's three to get you started:

1) Fulfill what contract?

2) Wie can practice in another womens event even if it's the Futures tour. 3) Couldn't she learn something by trying to qualify for the British? Are you not also assuming with your three reasons?
As has been said repeatedly,

If Wie really wants to learn something... Yes... Wie should follow Lorena and Annika and "learn" how to win on the LPGA, or anyone that is in the lead (that is, if Wie did not qualify to play the event)

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

• Administrator
The young ladies my wife works with are some of brightest most articulate, scintillating people(of any age) you could meet.

Put 'em in front of a camera and see how that changes. You don't really know.

1) Fulfill what contract?

Uhm, she's being paid $10M+/year. You think that's done without a contract?

2) Wie can practice in another womens event even if it's the Futures tour.

Bah, the Futures Tour is lose/lose. If she wins, she "should have." If she loses, my oh my the boo birds would have their fun. Lose/lose.

3) Couldn't she learn something by trying to qualify for the British?

Awful expensive trip to make and wouldn't prepare her very well for the LPGA Tour. And unless she won the thing, I don't think it would help her in her quest to get an LPGA Tour card.

Are you not also assuming with your three reasons?

No. I'm simply pointing out the many reasons why you could be wrong, and why it's silly to speculate.

My responses here were short because you seem to have missed the other thread in which I said I'm done responding to Michelle Wie stuff. Come talk to me when she's 28 and we'll see how things turned out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On the Contrary, I'm very in touch with the modern, current model 17-year old heading to a top university(my wife is a AP chem/bio/biochem teacher and tutor). The young ladies my wife works with are some of brightest most articulate, scintillating people(of any age) you could meet.

Sorry, iacas has you on this one. Being 19 and a college student, both the average male and female 17 year olds aren't always articulate and scintillating. Unless using "like" every other word is a sign of brilliance. Your wife's AP students may be, but those are pretty driven individuals usually. And just because someone is heading to a top university doesn't me they are articulate. That's just us kids, we sound like idiots a lot.

My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

How cool is that?!? I get to see her in person

Your thread is a good one. It surprises me that the mere mention of Michelle's name elicits such strong responses. I did a thread on Alexis Thompson and no one has responded to her great victory in winning the US Junior Girls Amateur. The difference in responses does not seem fair.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Wie shot an 81 in the pro-am yesterday:

http://rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...48/-1/events08

Rounds like that definately aren't going to bode well to making the cut...
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Bet they are tired of answering questions about her.
Bag: Ping Pioneer
Driver: Cobra Speed LD-M
3 Wood: Adams Insight XTD A3 OS
Hybrids: Adams Idea A3 OS
Irons: Adams Idea A3 OSWedges: Adams Idea A3 OSChipper: Odyssey Marxman X-Act ----------Yes I use a chipper!Putter: Odyssey Tri-BallBalls: Noodle

Does anyone really even care about what Annika, Paula C. or anyone else on the LPGA has to say about what Michelle is doing? God, I hope not.

We live in a country that was built on the ideals of freedom and opportunity -- there is absolutely no basis for people bashing Michelle Wie for living her life and managing her career the way she chooses -- she isn't doing anything illegal and isn't hurting anyone.

I think the Paula Creamers and Morgan Pressels of the world would be terrified to tee it up with the men due to the likelihood of embarassing themselves -- good for Michelle that she has the balls to step up and play.

But, as the saying goes, opinions are like ass****s....everyone has one.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

But, as the saying goes, opinions are like ass****s....everyone has one.

You need to finish the quote...

Opinions are like ass****s...everyone has one...and they all stink!

underparnv

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Hmmm...guess I should have stated that I didn't think she should be playing in the event. I just am going for the eye candy...hence the drool smiley...

The eye candy will not be playing but will be following the players. The wives, girlfriends and want to be's will provide much better eye candy. Sorry but Wie is not what I would call eye candy. Maybe not ugly but you can see much better in any city in the country.

Three-putt bogey to open her round......20 ft birdie putt on No. 2

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Nifty littel up and down from 60 yards on hole 3 for a par.....1 over through 3 holes and in the fairway on the par 5 4th......

Missed an 8 footer for birdie on 4....still at +1 through 4.

Her playing partner Jimmy Walker is having a solid start -- 2 birdies, 2 pars after 4 holes. I noticed Wie outdrove her other partner, Scott Sterling, on the 3d hole, I think.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

4 out of 5 GIRs and +2.....obviously needs some work with the flat stick.

Where are you guys seeing all of this??!?! Is it on TV or something??

Anyway...she's even through nine...and she struggled on the front nine yesterday while shooting under on the back. Things are looking good so far...
underparnv

Where are you guys seeing all of this??!?! Is it on TV or something??

I am just following on PGA.com.....if you go to the full scoreboard and hit the "P" next to a golfer's name, it gives you a shot by shot play by play..... although i am too busy to follow now....

Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!