IGNORED

Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Note: This thread is 3775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

lol...is this for real?..."is a scotty cameron really worth it"... buy one and you'll never touch another putter.

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

lol...is this for real?..."is a scotty cameron really worth it"... buy one and you'll never touch another putter.

I have a Newport that just sits in my garage.....could not get a great "feel" with it so I use a Ray Cook Blue Goose.

I think it doesn't matter if you have a £200 Scotty it won't make you putt like tiger automatically

That's true, and that's not the reason for buying a Scotty. Any high handicapper can improve their putting more with a $150 high MOI offering.

Purchasing a Scotty Cameron may not make you a better putter, but certainly it will make you want to become a better putter.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Why is this thread so long?

It is a purelty a matter of one's opinion.

For person 1 a scotty may be worth it

For person 2 a scotty might be a waste of money.

This conversation need to go no further then that. There is nothing magical about scotty that will magically make one a better putter

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

I bought myself a nice $200 Scotty last night. I make every putt now. It's like magic.

Just kidding. I don't see any point to spending $200+ on a putter.

My question to those who have a Scotty [that they bought] is what seperates that putter from any other? The compliments for having such a prestigious putter in thy bag?

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

You'll have to imagine my thickest hasidic accent, but "What already, this is a discussion forum, and you're surprised when we discuss?"

nope not surprised that people discuss

Surprised by people who take absolute stands on both sides It is just as dumb for people to say scotty's are the only putter anyone should ever play as it is for people to say scotty's aren't worth it and scotty owners are all snobs It is the same rehashed arguments over and over

In my bag

Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

My question to those who have a Scotty [that they bought] is what seperates that putter from any other? The compliments for having such a prestigious putter in thy bag?

"Prestigious"? Good heavens!!! Some people must move in strange circles! It's a very common, mass produced putter. Nothing more, nothing less.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I think I have replies throughout this thread but the more I think of this (and use my Cameron) the more I think they are worth it and then some. Buy a $300 Cameron and you're good for a decade. Buy a $400 driver and you'll want another one in a couple years. Besides, why wouldn't the club you use the most, and has the single biggest impact on your score be worth it?

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Ummm.... come again??? I've tried Scotty's... and just about every other putter available in a golf shop. I'm still using my $60 Golfsmith component putter. Theony thing I've seen that even comes close to it for feel is the TM Spyder, and I can't afford $200 for a putter, especially one that only feels just as good, not better. And No Scotty I've tried feels as good to me as mine does. Isn't that what putting is all about.... feel? If the Scotty feels right and you can afford it, then do it. But don't buy one just for the hype.

Scotty is half good putter and half marketing... I'd rather pay less for a good putter and skip the marketing.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I fall into the group that feels an SC will not make you a better putter, but if you are a good putter you will enjoy the craftsmanship and it will be well worth the money. I spent a day with a Scotty Newport2, Ping Anser2, and Rossa Daytona 1. I honestly was able to put better with the Rossa, (I was pulling for the Ping), the Rossa insert was the feel I related to. Instead of buying one Scotty I now have several Rossa and am having fun with them.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I really like the new SC Kombi. I tried one out in a local shop and it's feel and balance where fantastic. What I'm hoping for is that it'll turn out like the older model Futura's and Detour's. Where the price droped on them severly because they weren't traditional blades or blade "like" putters like the Fastback and Squareback (face ballanced mallets that still look like blades). That same local shop has about 4 or 5 brand new still shrink wrapped Detours priced at $150. We'll see...

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I have been using my Scotty for about 7 or 8 years now (Newport Mil-spec, which is basically the production version of Tiger's putter from what I can deduce) and have never thought of switching to anything else. I might try a mallet this summer just for kicks, but usually they feel like I'm swinging a mattress on the end of a stick and I'm worried about scuffing.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Nothing beats a Scotty putter, nothing. So your answer is YES!! Well worth the $325.

In my bag

907 D2 Driver
904 F2 3 & 5 Wood
ZM Forged 4-9 Irons wedges 52 Spin Milled 48, 56, 60 Newport 2 putter 35"

Nothing beats a Scotty putter, nothing. So your answer is YES!! Well worth the $325.

false. For me the Rife Antigua beat it. I get much better feel and putt much more accurate with the Rife then I did with a scotty

In my bag

Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood

The key to a great putter is the following:

1) it has to make putts

but seriously, under pressure what putter works for you? I have used scotty camerons, Yonex, Nevercompromises, Callaways, Odysseys, Mizunos and my favorite putter currently is the two ball blade.
Its the two ball because I make putts with it. I love the Scotty Cameron, the look and feel. There is no denying the fact that it is the Rolls Royce of putter and you pay the price because of its built quality. but there is no guarantee that it will work for you. There is a pro, I forget who it was but he bought a putter right off the rack and was successful with the putter. It was not custom fitter to him at the factory.

If you are not having less than 30 putts per 18 holes. You need to practice your putting technique because the putter will not improve your putting that dramatically without the proper Indian using the arrow.

Putting hints.

1) all putts are straight putts, learn to hit a straight putt.
2) be able to control your distance
3) use a pre-putt routine every putt you make
4) keep your putts low
5) keep track of your putts per round
6) practice putting everyday
7) pros have rounds with as low as 23 putts per round
8) your short game compliments your putting and your putting compliments your short game.

to summarize, Scotty Cameron are worth it because someone is willing to pay for them but the questions you might be really asking is ................... is a Scotty Cameron the right putter for you? or should I justify spending more on a Scotty Cameron, you might eventually have to, to get it out of your system, like we all have done.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

If you are not having less than 30 putts per 18 holes.

How true. I got my hands on a SC late last season and you know what? It was a step in terms of balance etc. over what I had but I still wasn't a good putter. I have practiced more after I got it. The funny thing is that a bigger motivator for me practicing more was b/c I didn't want to hear sh** from golf group about how I had tihs expensive putter but was still getting my lunch handed to me on Saturdays.

Note: This thread is 3775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!