IGNORED

Celebrities At Your Home Club?

Dent
Note: This thread is 5490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Um, my town is the hometown of Lou Holtz ( if you dont know him... you should ), and I just happened to be playing at my CC when he was out for a "Secret'' round. He played with me for a hole, then gave me a signed bal with the ND symbol on it. Thats my story..

i liv ein columbia and am a gamecock fan, but when we got rid of lou steve spurrier looked at joining our club

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Kevin Garnett, Dante Culpepper, Jimmy Jam Lewis, Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson at my home course. When KG lived here he would tow around his own personal golf cart.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Well, I used to work at Del Monte in CA about ten years ago. The two that I can remember as regulars were Johnny Miller, and Dean Stockwell (Quantum Leap). Dean was a great guy, Johnny, well, he's Johnny. I'll leave it at that.
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Diana Krall's dad is a member at my home club, so she and her husband, Elvis Costello are there once in a while. Elvis sucks

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

About 1/2 of the male members at my modest club are former war vets, I never served, it is an honor to play league play with "The Bandits" ....plus even being in the construction industry they never cease to amaze me with colorful comments that would make a framing carpenter blush.

Also they are the resident experts of using the "Two Handicap" system, it's amazing how crappy these guys play for a couple month leading up to the club championship and the infamous "Spring Classic" two man tournament.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I've seen Kevin Garnett, Dante Culpepper, Jimmy Jam Lewis, Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson at my home course. When KG lived here he would tow around his own personal golf cart.

My home club is one course where the Champion Tour has a pro-am when they are in the Twin Cities. This year Arnold Palmer played there- they have a photo in the club house. The course is closed to the rest of us at that time though

I posted this elsewhere, but Annika Sorenstam's spitting image look-alike plays here as well.(Just a woman that looks like Annika) She "surprised" us as we came upon the crossover between nines and she was teeing off the first hole.

Driver: 400 SZ
Irons: Maltby custom fit KE4's
Sandwedge: Maltby Slider
Others: random selection

• 2 weeks later...
phil kessel (the hockey player) is a member

his house is down the left side of the fairway on #6. he's almost never in town. busy hockey-ing it up, i guess

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• 6 months later...
haha hes actually a really good golfer. Think he's around a 9.

I believe Alice Cooper is actually around a 2 handicap, and Tiger Woods himself said that he would not give him 2 strokes... which Alice regards as perhaps the best compliment he has ever gotten.. I read an article in some Delta magazine about 2 months ago on a flight to Florida... I think he has also written a book about it golf. That is pretty cool that your friend got paired up with him, must have been a great experience.

Bag: Cheapo
Driver:983K
Woods: Steelhead
Irons-PW: X-12
SW: 56* CG14LW: 60* CG14Putter:Craz-E "I Series"BallNY, NY"Chinch Bugs"

i played behind Matt Damon and Scott Bakula last year when they were in town to film a movie ("The Informer" don't know when it comes out). country singers Trace Adkins and Tracy Lawrence played my home course before a concert they did and drank a massive quantity of adult beverages
In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

We just relocated from SC, where we lived in Wild Dunes. Kyle Petty had a home there and played weekly, as did the Governor. Gabriela Sabatini (the tennis player) visited there often and worked on her tennis game, and played golf on occasion. There were lots of times that a "celebrity" would vacation there and play one of the courses.

The pro at Kiawah Island was a good friend, and I have been fortunate enough to be invited into the clubhouse and grounds whenever there was an event there. I saw the Ryder Cup and Warburg Cup there, and had enjoyable conversations with Fred Couples and Raymond Floyd, amongst others. Freddie has become a treasured acquaintance over the years (I hesitate to call him a "friend") and I still see or talk with him 3-4 times a year.

The course where I work has: Mark Wahlberg, Joe Pesci, and Wayne Chrebet.

These people used to be members: A-Rod, Bill Parcels, and Lawrence Taylor.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Here in Denver there is a tiny Par 3 course called Harvard Gulch. At the end of last Summer, in the same day I saw the mayor, Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos. This course costs 7 dollars to play and the longest hole is about 140 yards.

Bag: Cheapo
Driver:983K
Woods: Steelhead
Irons-PW: X-12
SW: 56* CG14LW: 60* CG14Putter:Craz-E "I Series"BallNY, NY"Chinch Bugs"

Beth Bauer (LPGA Rookie of the Year) works at my club. plus there are several Tampa Bay Buccaneers who play here, although i guess I wouldnt really consider them celebrities either....

As far as celebrities go, you will have to follow hockey pretty close to know the "Celebs" that play at on of my home courses. Daniel Alfredesson, Jason York and a bunch of the other Ottawa Senators. The LPGA held an international tournament there one year where all the starts were there. Not many "Celebs" in this part of NA.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Soldiers at my course!
What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

Kinda cool topic to start I think:

Would love to play a round with Alice Cooper. I'll bet he could put on a clinic on fairway woods.

Don't know of any specific celebrity members at my home club....other than the folks that will be in playing during Masters week. Our course should be in great shape by then and will be dishing it up for folks wanting to play while there in town. My father is a member of a club that Curtis Strange is a member of. He has a special spot on the range (across the range) they maintain for him to practice at. The greens there are very firm and fast bentgrass and the course is right on the Intercoastal Waterway (read that WINDY). I've played a few rounds with Dad there and love the course but struggle to score well there. I'm hoping this summer to spend some time with him. Maybe we'll see Mr. Strange as well.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!