IGNORED

The 2008 Barclays! Fedex Cup's First Stop!

CG031
Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will be there for the first round tomorrow. I was disappointed to see you can't bring in cameras. Oh well. Are you aloud to bring in any type of food or any kind of drinks? I'm figuring no.

This is my first PGA event so I don't know too much about the procedures. I will be following Bubba Watson's group most of the day, but he tees off at 1:27 so I will probably follow Anthony Kim a bit too and some of my other favorite players. Maybe Fred Couples.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm jealous Enjoy yourself.

I went to the Canadian Open 3 years ago when it was in Vancouver, and they let us bring in food and drinks (no outside booze though) they just checked your bags as you entered if you had one. We didn't have any bags, so we got in much quicker as there were separate lines. I'm not sure if the policy changes from one PGA event to the next though.

Keep us posted how it goes.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

It looks like my boy Hunter Mahan is off to a great start at the Barclays!!! He's been getting flamed for his recent remarks about the Ryder Cup, but the dude's got game and would be a great addition to the team! Besides, he's not the first to say those things about the Ryder Cup, I'm sure his peers on the Tour completely agree with him.

Ryder Cup story aside, he's off to a great start, I hope he pulls it together all weekend for a win or very high finish. Who's gonna win? Let's get some predictions!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I will be there for the first round tomorrow. I was disappointed to see you can't bring in cameras. Oh well. Are you aloud to bring in any type of food or any kind of drinks? I'm figuring no.

I know that you did not know this---but cameras are forbidden during the tournament, but allowed during the practice rounds. It is a great thing to go to the practice rounds, when the players are more relaxed, take pictures, or even use a camcorder. We have the swings of Jack Nicklaus, Payne Stewart, Greg Norman, Tom Kite, Lanny Wadkins, Freddie Couples, Bernhard Langer, Seve, and others that we took in past years.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I'm not sure if Hunter Mahan is human after that round.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I'm not sure if Hunter Mahan is human after that round.

I know, are you freaking kidding me!?! That had the potential to be way better too, he par'd 2 par 5's and had a bogey!

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

It looks like my boy Hunter Mahan is off to a great start at the Barclays!!! He's been getting flamed for his recent remarks about the Ryder Cup, but the dude's got game and would be a great addition to the team! Besides, he's not the first to say those things about the Ryder Cup, I'm sure his peers on the Tour completely agree with him.

Geoff Ogilvy. Always ignored. But-----------he has the game, as he has shown on many occasions---especially the 2006 US Open at Winged Foot.

Here are some post tournament reactions as I just got back from the first round I got there at 10:00 AM and left at 6:30 PM.

- Bubba Watson is probably the biggest ******* on tour. I lost a lot of respect for my 'favorite player' going into this event. He's always been my favorite; but no longer. On his way off the range I was just a few feet from him. I said in a clearly loud enough voice LETS GO BUBBA!! and he had his head up, but immediatly went down, stared at the ground, and instead of acknowledging me, waving, thanks, or any type of statement, he just ignorned me. 15 minutes later my dad saw him walking...now we are face on, him coming at us. Now he's LITERALLY A FOOT AWAY and my dad says "GOOD LUCK BUBBA!" and once again...was walking with his head up, and it immediatly goes down, and ignores us. I was so bummed. As a 16 yr old kid I grew up admiring Bubba and his agressive style of play. But after seeing how much of a jerk he was to me today I really do not like him anymore.

- Sergio Garcia gets a bad wrap by the media. Ok, so he made a few excuses, big deal? Why do people and the media get on his back so much here in America? I know he's very very popular in the U.S., but obviously even more so in Europe. He was the nicest out of all tour players I saw today. I said "GO GET EM SERGE'" and he acknowledged me with a nice "THANKS BIG GUY!"...As a kid I truly appreciated him at least saying something to me. That's all I needed. No autograph. No high five. Then a group of kids waited for him to get off the green. He tossed them his ball, and said if anyone wants another meet me on 18 after my round, and slapped them all high fives...this during his real round! I was shocked at how nice he was. I always figured he was a stuck up, ignorant *******, but that is not the case. Do not believe what the media has portrayed him as at all.

- Other guys I got to see play: D.J. Trahan (seemed like a nice guy), Stuart Appleby, Robert Alllenby, Carl Pettersson, Matt Goggin (saw him whole that one shot that im sure is all over the golf channel now), Charles Howell III was real cool, said hello and thank you when I complimented one of his shots, and Kevin Sutherland was real nice as well. Anthony Kim I saw too a little bit, Vijay, and Cink...

- Course was awesome. By far, the best course I've ever stepped foot on. I was dying to play while I was out there walking around! The layout is beautiful. Greens look really tough, a lot of hills to them...I didn't see that many putts being wholed...although, I guess I didn't see Hunter Mahan!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I'd take it easy on Bubba. Players have different ways of preparing themselves during the course of the round. Perhaps he just likes to keep to himself and avoid any distractions when he's on the course. Whatever his reasons are for ignoring you, I'm sure it wasn't personal.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator
-

That may be true, but not for the reasons you've stated. He's playing for $10M or so and he's very much "in the mindset" when he's leaving the range and when he's on the course. Sorry - you shouldn't expect him to acknowledge you, if for no other reason than that if he acknowledges you he opens the door to everyone trying to get his attention.

I said "that may be true" because I've heard Bubba's also a jerk to a lot of other people even when he has no reason to be (like volunteers on pro-am day)... but yeah, not so much for what he "did" to you. You may not like him anymore, and I'm not trying to change your mind on that, just know that some guys really like to be into themselves in a round. Some guys can be a bit more jovial. Whatever suits them.
Why do people and the media get on his back so much here in America?

Because he's petulant.

Because he beats our asses in the Ryder Cup. The list goes on from there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love it that the golf channel shows it late at night. What a relief!

I can't believe Hunter's round - I have to admit that surprised me. But it is kinda neat to see everyone's stats, clubhead speed, carry distance etc.

And as always - GO BENNY THE C!

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

That may be true, but not for the reasons you've stated. He's playing for $10M or so and he's very much "in the mindset" when he's leaving the range and when he's on the course. Sorry - you shouldn't expect him to acknowledge you, if for no other reason than that if he acknowledges you he opens the door to everyone trying to get his attention.

I understand Bubba's reasons for not wanting to engage in an actual conversation. As a matter of fact, ever player that was yelled to by other people, just waved or nodded his head. That's all I was looking for out of Bubba as he walked off the range - just some appreciation of his fans. I wasn't looking for a converstaion or even words out of his mouth.

And people should not hate Sergio Garcia because he beats us in the Ryder Cup. I'm sorry out team hasn't been that great the past few times out. It's not his fault he plays good golf during it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

wow. 62. pretty darn good. 23 putts,wow. wonder if Hunter will treat himself to a nice big dinner.

It sure cause for a HUGE celebration!! The difficulty is following it up with three more good rounds and a victory. Usually, after a super round, there is a tendency to have a normal round the next day. We will soon know.

Here are some post tournament reactions as I just got back from the first round I got there at 10:00 AM and left at 6:30 PM.

I felt bad for him at the British Open, but still at the same time viewed him as that kind of stuck up guy, your story just completely changed my views on him. I would have been thrilled if he did something like that to me. That is amazing. Great to hear you actually had a PGA Tour Pro Acknowledge you.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I felt bad for him at the British Open, but still at the same time viewed him as that kind of stuck up guy, your story just completely changed my views on him. I would have been thrilled if he did something like that to me. That is amazing. Great to hear you actually had a PGA Tour Pro Acknowledge you.

Yeah, it was cool. Almost all guys would just tip their cap, give the standard wave, or nod their head. Bubba did nothing. It wasn't just me, it was to everyone. I know it wasn't a personal thing with me, he just was in some really terrible mood.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Unbelievable round by Hunter, truly great. I actually caddy at the Ridgewood Country Club and it is a really nice course. I love watching the pros at the 291 yard Par 4 uphill small green nicknamed the "Five and Dime". It is awesome watching them play at a course I am so familiar with.

Go Ben go! Curtis on the 14th and Sergio on the 10th are tied a -8.

SOB - I got called into work at 5! Second job is at Fridays so I'll have a TV but...DAMNIT!

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!