IGNORED

WITB Photo Edition!

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

This bad boy is going in the bag - right about meow!

Nice! I thought the Xtreme looked ugly from the pics on the Callaway site, but your picture makes it look a lot nicer. I'm not sure if it was at Callaway's request... but Phil was raving on Thursday about how much he loved it.

• 3 weeks later...

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Awesome pics

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

WITB description in sig

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

Clubs are listed in my signature, just went on staff with Callaway this year, the old Nike bag is in the background of the last picture.
  • Upvote 1

Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Matrix Ozik 7M3

Callaway X Hot Pro Mayrix Ozik 8M3

Callaway X Hot Pro 18* Matrix Ozik HM2

Callaway X Forged 2013 3-PW Project X PXi

Callaway Forged 52* & 58* Project X PXi

Odyssey Versa #9

Callaway HEX Black Tour

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my WITB - a tribute to USC.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

Here's my WITB - a tribute to USC.

Nice!  Although they'd look a heck of a lot sharper in Bruin gold and blue. ;)  I assume that the putter, and perhaps the wedges were ordered that way?  What about the irons?  Did you do those yourself?  I know somebody who would love to do something similar.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Nice!  Although they'd look a heck of a lot sharper in Bruin gold and blue. ;)  I assume that the putter, and perhaps the wedges were ordered that way?  What about the irons?  Did you do those yourself?  I know somebody who would love to do something similar.

Haha...I had a feeling you'd chime in and talk about Bruins. I think SCfanatic will think otherwise. I did all the painting myself actually. The wedges were the hardest ones to do because stripping the paint on the Vokeys took more attempts that the irons and the putter.

Best Regards,
Ryan

:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

Haha...I had a feeling you'd chime in and talk about Bruins. I think SCfanatic will think otherwise. I did all the painting myself actually. The wedges were the hardest ones to do because stripping the paint on the Vokeys took more attempts that the irons and the putter.

LOL ... who do you think I was talking about? ;)

Is it a talent you have - well, obviously it is, but I mean is it really, really hard that only a skilled painter or artist could do, or is it something that any joe-schmo could learn to do easy enough?

Of course, it's probably harder for clubs in the GI/SGI realm that have a lot of "flash" already built into them, huh?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL ... who do you think I was talking about? ;)

Is it a talent you have - well, obviously it is, but I mean is it really, really hard that only a skilled painter or artist could do, or is it something that any joe-schmo could learn to do easy enough?

Of course, it's probably harder for clubs in the GI/SGI realm that have a lot of "flash" already built into them, huh?

Any average joe can do this. I just followed instructions on some other sites. All you need is some paint stripper, acrylic paint, a few basic tools and patience. To do some of the work, you'd have to work with one color, apply it, let it dry, rub off the excess, then go back an paint in the other colored sections. To apply the paint, it doesn't have to be perfect. I used a toothpick dipped in the acrylic paint and let it spread in the grooves and let it dry. You can let it overflow out of the area and use a light nail polish remover to buff it. Then do it all again with the remaining areas. If I worked on this straight, it's probably taken me about two full days to do all this. In total it took me a month to get everything done.

I think being that it's a blade made it easier. I can't imagine doing this on some of those SGI/GI clubs, but then I haven't tried it out.

Best Regards,
Ryan

If you look on the last page, you can see mine that I did something similar with. It really is pretty easy.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

• 1 month later...

The ever changing bag(s) of mine:

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

Cool. I got to get some updated pics in here. New grips, new headcovers and maybe a new club or 2 since my last post here. Love the thread.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Pretty pumped for my first outdoor game of the season (long winters = a lot of simulation time)...

Details are in my sig.. all clubs are freshly wrapped with NDMC's, putter has a Tiger Shark Jumbo grip on it.

Without covers..

Current Bag:

:ping: G25 - 10.5  RBZ Stage 2 2H :ping: G25 20*/23* Hybrids

:ping: G25 Blue Dot 5-UW  CG16 - 54   CG16 - 58 

Putter  Kari Lajosi DD201 303SS  V2 Gamer