IGNORED

My 4 Favorite Pros:: Who Are Your's?

jeffgladchun
Note: This thread is 6078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger, Phil, Weir, Ames
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks jeffgladchun for your time and effort to produce these results, i must have miss understood about the pound for pound thing lol, yeah, i like the look of this camillo villegas.

Mike Weir.. 5'9 155 - 286.9 yrds.

just had to add that. 1. Mike Weir.. he's Canadian, i dont know if its just because he carries are flag on his back but the guy is just all around fun to watch. He spends his time out driving guys twice his size, when the putters working he is one of the best with the flat stick, and he thrives on the most difficult stage in golf.. major championships. 2. Fred Couples.. this guy is incredibly fun to watch play golf, he looks like a short hitter but he just murders the ball. His swing is probably my favorite to watch overall even though it may not be technically sound. I hope he can get his back issues worked out and make a comeback next season. 3. Phil Mickelson.. generally mis-understood and under-rated. He has the most potential to take Tigers # 1 spot. I root for the under dog.. thats why i always liked Arny more than Jack. Phil reminds me of Arny in that regard. 4.There are a host of other players I root for when in contention.. Stephen Ames, Charles Howell, Camillo Villegas, Sergio Garcia, Ben Curtis, Paul Azinger, David Duval, John Daly, Vijay Singh, Jose Maria, Trevor Immelman.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Tiger Woods
Sergio Garcia
Padraig Harrington
Geoff Ogilvy
In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

John Daly, Fuzzy Zoeller, Craig Stadler & ??? TBA

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Tiger - Transformed the modern game and attracted new fans.

Nicklaus - Not sure if we can include those retired, but he got me into golf when I was a kid watching him (in his twilight years) - 86 was a moment I won't forget.

Villegas - My friend played against him in college and told me to look out for him. I hope the best for him.

Poulter - Gotta love his style ....haven't got another reason.
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

1. Geoff Ogilvy- I dunno why, I hate Phil so I rooted for Ogilvy at Winged Foot. Ever since then, he has been my favorite player.

2. Tiger Woods- Love the dedication, mental and physical toughness, and what he has done for golf.

3. Nick Faldo- I wasn't a fan of golf back when he played, but I have heard about his competativness, and I like that. He is always a great announcer.

4. Paula Creamer- I just root for her in every LPGA tourny I see her in. She's also pretty hot.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

I can't really back these up too much but I like

-Anthony Kim
-Camilo Villegas
-Sergio Garcia
-Justin Rose

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

This is a fun thread, can't believe I've missed it for so long.

David Duval- I'm losing hope with each passing tournament but he's still my boy.
Fred Couples- Cool cat simple as that. His swing and the way he carries himself.
Tiger- Top 4 player to me, just for the fact that he is making history and I get to watch.
Hunter Mahan- I've been really enjoying watching this kid, when he stepped up and won that event this year that showed he can hang. I think great things are coming for him.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

1 - Tiger Woods - Amazing at golf with a good personality.
2 - Phil Mickelson - Really good short game and interesting to watch.
3 - Ernie Els - Really nice swing and is always around the top of the leaderboard.
4 - John Daly - Uses a driver and hits the ball miles on most holes and has a good personality.
5 - Paula Creamer - A really good golfer with a good personality.

1. Adam Scott Young, stylish, Unreal talent, he'll be one of the best I know it.

2. Mike Weir In kind of a slump, but he can do it and he's a Canadian Lefty.

3. Tiger Woods He's Tiger Woods!

4. Zach Johnson Mellow guy, good player, won the jacket this year.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

Sergio Garcia - Seems to be hated in the golf community after "that spit" but he is perhaps the most talented guy out there and his ball striking is simply incredable. Plays with a flair which is lacking in golf these days and if he could sort his head out would surely be a multiple major winner.

Tiger Woods - Who can fail to be impressed. A golfing genius playing in our time, perhaps the greatest player the game has ever, and certainly the greates athlete. Short game is unrivalled and clutch putting spellbinding!

Phil Mickleson - A popular player who goes for broke, perhaps too often. Finally has the majors his talent warrented and no doubt he will win more under Harmon.

Nick Faldo - A single minded winner. Took the talent he had and built the most mechanical, repeatable swing possible around it. I love him for the will he had to win, his single mindedness, his 18 par round at the open, but most of all for the way he has now become a cult figure, warm and open, but still on the cutting edge when it comes to giving the young guys a tongue lashing. Going to be an awesome Ryder Cup captain, god help you yanks

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

So, so far we've got a lot of John Daly and Tiger Woods, with the occasional Nick Faldo, Sergio, or Phil Mickelson. (Can someone with the time/boredom actually tally up what we've got so far?)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Dave finished up his

Great article, but these guys lie on their weight worse than women. Phil has not been 190 since early in college.

By the way: 1. Tiger 2. Daly 3. Adam Scott 4. Geoff Ogilvey I am also a big fan of David Duval. I would love to see hime make a big comeback. If he could, it would vault him back into the top 4.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

(Can someone with the time/boredom actually tally up what we've got so far?)

Alright, so I finally sat down and did this. Unofficial stats through sboard006 post.

1. Tiger - 27 2. Couples - 11 Daly - 11 Mickelson - 11 5. Els - 7 6. Love - 6 Scott - 6 8. Vijay - 5 Goosen - 5 Garcia - 5 Toms - 5 12. Furyk - 4 Faldo - 4 14. Villegas - 3 Donald - 3 DiMarco - 3 Ogilvy - 3 Weir - 3 T19. with 2: Perry, Sorenstam, Creamer, Watson, L. Roberts, Howell III, C. Stadler, Choi, Harrington, Johnson, Gulbis, Duval Received 1 vote: M. Campbell, Azinger, Funk, P. Jacobson, Hogan, Glover, Janzen, Rose, Mahan, Poulter, Nicklaus, Zoeller, Pressel, Montgomerie, Stewart, Snedeker, Haas, Faxon, Perez, Pak, Austin, Some dude's club pro , Ames and Kim. Note: * I only counted the top 4 (#5 on a list wasn't counted) * If you listed 20 guys as your #4 then I just didn't count any of them.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 6078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!